Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:22 AM

An arma sale would be awesome :applause:

@TripJack
Oh, that would cool, if they had everything ARMA 2 on sale:
ARMA 2 [base game]
ARMA 2: Op Arrowhead [stand-alone expansion]
ARMA 2: Combined Ops [ARMA 2 + Op Arrowhead package]

@TONY
I see you guys do NOT sell ARMA 2: Reinforcements [stand-alone pack for ARMA2: British Armed Forces + ARMA 2: Private Military Company DLC content].
Ever think of inquiring to Meridian 4 about getting that pack?

Or even selling ARMA X Anniversary [ALL ARMA 1 + 2 content]?
I don't know if Meridian has rights to selling ARMA anniversary, though...
I know Bohemia (the dev's) did self-publish ARMA X on Steam and Gamersgate.

Edited by MysterD, 05 May 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#2162 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:33 AM

Hey Tony,

So is the MAYhem sale going to be one big sale, if so does it have a starting date? Or is it going to be something like different deals each week?

Here's hoping you can squeeze FFXI Ultimate Abyssea somewhere in there for 75% off. I'll definitely be getting Football Manager 2012 for $7.50 though.

ostzsk.jpg

#2163 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

An arma sale would be awesome :applause:

@TripJack
Oh, that would cool, if they had everything ARMA 2 on sale:
ARMA 2 [base game]
ARMA 2: Op Arrowhead [stand-alone expansion]
ARMA 2: Combined Ops [ARMA 2 + Op Arrowhead package]

@TONY
I see you guys do NOT sell ARMA 2: Reinforcements [stand-alone pack for ARMA2: British Armed Forces + ARMA 2: Private Military Company DLC content].
Ever think of inquiring to Meridian 4 about getting that pack?

Or even selling ARMA X Anniversary [ALL ARMA 1 + 2 content]?
I don't know if Meridian has rights to selling ARMA anniversary, though...
I know Bohemia (the dev's) did self-publish ARMA X on Steam and Gamersgate.

We're working on getting more of the ARMA series, but a big part of the issue is that the rights to that IP are really complex apparently.

Hey Tony,

So is the MAYhem sale going to be one big sale, if so does it have a starting date? Or is it going to be something like different deals each week?

Here's hoping you can squeeze FFXI Ultimate Abyssea somewhere in there for 75% off. I'll definitely be getting Football Manager 2012 for $7.50 though.

The MAYhem sale will have different deals for periods of time (new deals every couple of days essentially) and we'll revisit some deals. It starts Mid-May, still locking down an official start date as we get more deals in and start flighting them.

FFXI UA will be 60% off btw.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#2164 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:09 AM

Alright, we're trying something new if you like it let me know (and tell your friends :) ).

We've recently put up Preorders for "A Game of Thrones" and we're letting our customers choose between Steam and non-steam (ActControl in this case):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00806YCIC - Steam Version
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007ZT4URI - ActControl Version

In both cases customers will get a $10 GC (good for use on most products on Amazon.com not just video games).

I'll be posting this on some other sites as well so if you see it elsewhere don't be surprised :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#2165 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:12 AM

We're working on getting more of the ARMA series, but a big part of the issue is that the rights to that IP are really complex apparently.

Yeah, the amount of IP changes, publisher changes, different versions of their games, and game name changes [Original Op Flashpoint getting recently retitled to ARMA 1] is kind of crazy. :P

#2166 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:15 AM

Alright, we're trying something new if you like it let me know (and tell your friends :) ).

We've recently put up Preorders for "A Game of Thrones" and we're letting our customers choose between Steam and non-steam (ActControl in this case):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00806YCIC - Steam Version
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007ZT4URI - ActControl Version

In both cases customers will get a $10 GC (good for use on most products on Amazon.com not just video games).

I'll be posting this on some other sites as well so if you see it elsewhere don't be surprised :).

Cheers,
Tony

Leave it to me to ask this...

Where's another version of GOT that offers the player a ActControl version download [through you guys] AND ALSO gives the gamer a Steam key? :P

#2167 Eoma

Eoma

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

Any chance for Dead Island @ 4.99 Tony ?

#2168 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:18 AM

Leave it to me to ask this...

Where's another version of GOT that offers the player a ActControl version download [through you guys] AND ALSO gives the gamer a Steam key? :P

We actually looked at doing this, unfortunately, for QA purposes our system actually checks the code we associate with a product with the binaries we distribute, so in the case of the Steam version of this game we're actually just going to distribute Steam keys.

We literally can't associate a Steam key with a non-steam build, this failsafe is in place so we don't accidentally associate keys with a product it will never work for.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#2169 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

I wish.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#2170 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

We actually looked at doing this, unfortunately, for QA purposes our system actually checks the code we associate with a product with the binaries we distribute, so in the case of the Steam version of this game we're actually just going to distribute Steam keys.

We literally can't associate a Steam key with a non-steam build, this failsafe is in place so we don't accidentally associate keys with a product it will never work for.

Cheers,
Tony

Now, I don't really mean this for GOT, since the game isn't even out yet [you expect DRM on brand-new games]...
What if you guys gave a DRM-FREE Build [to download through Amazon DVG] and also give the player a Steam key [to plug into Steam]?
Would that get around the failsafe?

#2171 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:31 AM

I wish.

Cheers,
Tony

There's already rumors of a possible upcoming Dead Island: GOTY Edition floating around...hehe.

#2172 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:45 AM

Now, I don't really mean this for GOT, since the game isn't even out yet [you expect DRM on brand-new games]...
What if you guys gave a DRM-FREE Build [to download through Amazon DVG] and also give the player a Steam key [to plug into Steam]?
Would that get around the failsafe?

It would not. Our system is set up with a binary value for "distribute key" 1 means "yes distribute key" this activates the failsafe system which looks for a key to associate with the game and checks for it. 2 means "no do not distribute key" and then checks to make sure that the build has no DRM associated with it, if it does (Steam in this case) and we try to associate a key it errors out.

I'm working on getting Steam codes for Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga so we can offer a DRM free version and a Steam version, but we won't have a DRM-Free + Steam version.

This is still in the works though, I'm hoping we get it set up before the MAYhem sale, if we do both versions will be $5.99 each and customers will be able to choose between 100% DRM free or Steam.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#2173 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:47 AM

Any chance for Psychonauts available as DRM free?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2174 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

@TONY
Very interesting insight on how things work at Amazon DVG!!

I already own Divinity 2: DKS from you guys at Amazon DVG without DRM, so I don't see a want or need for a Steam version. :P

I could careless about Steam Achievements, when there's a DRM-FREE version around. DRM is more important to me than Steam Achievements.

#2175 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:51 AM

Right now there isn't, I'll definitely be asking for a build but I'm not sure when we'll get this.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#2176 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

The thing is, I don't think Double Fine ever updated Non-Steam builds of Psychonauts PC themselves [for Majesco retail disc version or GOG version]...
There's complaints of that on the GOG Boards and even gamers trying making their own patch for Non-Steam versions.

Steam version is the most officially patched-up version (1.04) of Psychonauts PC.

It would be something Tony would have to talk to Double Fine about.

EDIT:
Honestly, DF should release a 1.04 patch and update for ALL Versions of Psychonauts PC.

#2177 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

Right now there isn't, I'll definitely be asking for a build but I'm not sure when we'll get this.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks, if you come through with something let us know!

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2178 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:40 AM

The MAYhem sale will have different deals for periods of time (new deals every couple of days essentially) and we'll revisit some deals. It starts Mid-May, still locking down an official start date as we get more deals in and start flighting them.

FFXI UA will be 60% off btw.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony. I can definitely live with $7.99 for FFXI UA.

ostzsk.jpg

#2179 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:08 AM

So that's the highest complete version of FFXI? Does that game still have a monthly fee?

bZ2g3eF.png

#2180 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

So that's the highest complete version of FFXI? Does that game still have a monthly fee?

Yeah that's the most complete version, thousands of hours worth of content. There's still a monthly fee but you get the first 30 days free. The monthly fee is annoying but in the end it's worth it because they're still constantly updating the game and adding new stuff so it's kind of like paying for perpetual DLC.

I played the game for three years from 07-10. The game was a blast, the only reason I stopped was because the friends I played with the most stopped. The game actually saved me money on games because while I didn't really increase my gaming time overall to play it it did become the only game I played pretty much so I stopped buying the bunch of games I usually did. I'm not really an MMO guy at all and was aprehensive but FFXI is pretty different, it's more like a an old school SNES Final Fantasy game (great story, great music, great battle system that actually requires skill, great job system, humor, mini-games and best of all it designed to be played with a controller) that you can play with friends and the community is very different from the typical PC MMO community. It's all about working together and helping each other to get stuff done. Also it's a very varied community because everybody plays on the same servers: whether they live in Japan or Europe or the US or Australia, whether on PC, 360 or PS2. A very large female player base too which makes for a better overall environment. I met a bunch of people all over the world that I still keep in touch with because of it.

Anyway I came back last summer to do the Abyssea content because there's not much to play during the summer and since I live in the desert and it gets up to 120 in the shade here I have to spend most of my leisure time indoors. I had a blast last summer so I figured why not do it again this summer, they raised the level cap since last year and added a lot of content plus I still need to finish the Wings of the Goddess storyline; the only one i haven't beaten yet. It'll keep me busy until all the fall blockbusters.

Wow, sorry for rambling on for so long, I'm just passionate when it comes to FFXI, it's such an under-appreciated game. Lately a lot of people are going nuts for Xenoblade Chronicles (which is a great game), well FFXI plays a lot like Xenoblade only a lot better and with other people.

ostzsk.jpg

#2181 Fatdude

Fatdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

BTW FFXI needs HUGE HUGE HUUUUUGEEEEEE time investement.I played it when it was released and the nightmare of finding decent groups.. i still shiver thinking about it.But it was a great game.It has depth in every aspect of the game.Class skill combos with other players , crafting , multi class , your character can be every class etc.

Also i wish Stacking would be a bit cheaper next week. $5 would be soo good.I already have other 2 too.

#2182 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

BTW FFXI needs HUGE HUGE HUUUUUGEEEEEE time investement.I played it when it was released and the nightmare of finding decent groups.. i still shiver thinking about it.But it was a great game.It has depth in every aspect of the game.Class skill combos with other players , crafting , multi class , your character can be every class etc.

Also i wish Stacking would be a bit cheaper next week. $5 would be soo good.I already have other 2 too.

Please don't spread misinformation. That heavy grind and difficulty from when the game launched was curved drastically as time went on and now it's almost too easy. The game has really evolved for the better in that regard and I think now is really a great time for new players because you can level jobs very quickly (via Grounds of Valor and Abyssea) which opens up the whole game to you, the story missions, the endgame stuff, etc... Where it would take many months of intense playing to level a job to maximum level when the game launched, now you could get it there in a couple of days if you really wanted, so even playing very casually you could get maximum level in a couple of weeks.

But you're right when the game launched in 2003 I tried it for a bit and quit because after 3 months of playing pretty intensely I was like only level 25 and still wasn't high enough to unlock advance jobs or continue with the story which is what I wanted to do. I think that turned a lot of people off. Also nobody knew what they were doing back then the Bradygames guide was a joke that barely had any useful info in it. But now with online resources like FFXIclopedia and FFXIAH.com the game is much easier to grasp and master.

Edited by roymustang, 05 May 2012 - 11:14 AM.

ostzsk.jpg

#2183 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Soooo....when is Metro 2033 $5? I keep thinking I see people mentioning it was already that price, then I get there, and....nope :(. Mid - May is the best answer as of now? Thanks in advance!

#2184 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

The thing is, I don't think Double Fine ever updated Non-Steam builds of Psychonauts PC themselves [for Majesco retail disc version or GOG version]...
There's complaints of that on the GOG Boards and even gamers trying making their own patch for Non-Steam versions.

Steam version is the most officially patched-up version (1.04) of Psychonauts PC.

It would be something Tony would have to talk to Double Fine about.

EDIT:
Honestly, DF should release a 1.04 patch and update for ALL Versions of Psychonauts PC.

Wow, that sucks

#2185 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

Was going to ask about a sale on Arma Dos, but it looks like I was long since beaten (and for the very same reason!) I'll be waiting with breathless anticipation for a sale. I need me some DayZ action.
Posted Image

#2186 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

re: GOT RPG

Tony what additional DRM, if any, does the Steam version have? I am interested in the game but this is very important to me to know. I am very suspicious of Focus Home Interactive. The prior Game of Thrones Strategy game they put out is Steamworks (all versions) yet they still added additional DRM on top of that. I bough it and was extremely displeased to say the least.

If you can confirm for 100% sure that the Steam version of this new GOT RPG has no additional DRM beyond Steam I will buy it but I will not if Focus is double or triple DRM dipping and and added more (imo unnecessary) DRM on top of Steamworks.

@TONY
Very interesting insight on how things work at Amazon DVG!!

I already own Divinity 2: DKS from you guys at Amazon DVG without DRM, so I don't see a want or need for a Steam version. :P

I could careless about Steam Achievements, when there's a DRM-FREE version around. DRM is more important to me than Steam Achievements.

I am the polar opposite. I hate DRM free and don't want it. I want Steam. I am definitely interested in D2: DKS for Steam even though I already own the non-Steam version. :-P

It's fine that you don't want it but I am just putting it out there that some people do.

It goes back to the whole TASTES GREAT/LESS FILLING thing I mentioned before, I think people are split between DRM Free and Steam (with everyone pretty much hating non-Steam DRM but viewing as a necessary evil sometimes) so having both options is a good idea as far as I am concerned.

#2187 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

I read you need both ARMA II and the expansion to play the Dayz mod? Can anyone confirm? I was not interested in the game, but then looked up the mod on youtube and am very interested now.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2188 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

I read you need both ARMA II and the expansion to play the Dayz mod? Can anyone confirm? I was not interested in the game, but then looked up the mod on youtube and am very interested now.

http://dayzmod.com/about.php

It says you need Arma II: CO. This version contains both the original game and the expansion.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#2189 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

http://dayzmod.com/about.php

It says you need Arma II: CO. This version contains both the original game and the expansion.

Thanks! Now I know which version to buy if it goes on sale.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2190 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

Soooo....when is Metro 2033 $5? I keep thinking I see people mentioning it was already that price, then I get there, and....nope :(. Mid - May is the best answer as of now? Thanks in advance!

About a month ago, I bought mine on April 5, 2012.