intel Core 2 Duo at 2 GHz, or AMD Athlon 64 at 2 GHzGHz
RAM: 1GB
Hard Drive: 1504MB
Video Card: 256 MB NVidia 8800+, ATI 3850+

PC i have is

AMD phenom tm 9500 quad core 2.20ghz
6gb
64 bit oper.

im guessing my system is too old to run it ?

think i might of found it is this right??
name
NVIDIA GEFORCE 6150SE N FORCE 430
total memory 2152 MB
would that be my video card

You need to replace that video card. You either have integrated graphics or a GT430. And both are pretty weak for gaming. The rest of your system exceeds those requirements.

#2222 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

anyone know how to find out if programs will run on your pcs

like to buy

Costume Quest - $2.99 but dont know if it will run on my pc

how do we find out what sort of video card we have in our system

it says it nees

intel Core 2 Duo at 2 GHz, or AMD Athlon 64 at 2 GHzGHz
RAM: 1GB
Hard Drive: 1504MB
Video Card: 256 MB NVidia 8800+, ATI 3850+

PC i have is

AMD phenom tm 9500 quad core 2.20ghz
6gb
64 bit oper.

Are you on Windows 7?
Or Vista?

im guessing my system is too old to run it ?

It's the vid card holding you back, nothing else...

think i might of found it is this right??
name
NVIDIA GEFORCE 6150SE N FORCE 430
total memory 2152 MB
would that be my video card

Yes, that is your video card.
Swap it out for something better - since that looks to be the only piece holding you back.

And make sure when you do buy a new vid-card, your watt supply and system handle it.
I'd recommend GeForce 560 Ti [or above], if your PC meets the vid card's requirements.

#2223 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

Why do you hate DRM FREE?
[opinions about steam snipped]

To be blunt, it's a pain in the ass. I don't want it. It's my opinion. You don't have to agree or understand or even like it but it's my opinion.

I'm not going to get too much into the whole long thing about Steam and if it goes down bla bla. The world could end tomorrow? Who knows? Anyway they've said if that were ever to happen they'd patch the games out to not need the client and finally if all else fails if I have to I'd find a way to make them work. If I have to resort to other means to crack a game I paid for I will but I don't think it will come down to that.

Anyway, I don't want to get into the back and forth. You prefer DRM free over Steam. I get it. Now respect my preference please.

Edited by Motoki, 06 May 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#2224 Fatdude

Fatdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

DRM free games are pain if they dont have their own automatic patchers.

And i'll ask again any one know how long Stacking is with DLC?

#2225 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

Is Psychonauts playable on Windows 7? I own it for the Xbox, but wouldn't mind replaying it on the computer for that price if it'll run.

decker%2001.jpg

#2226 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

Is Psychonauts playable on Windows 7? I own it for the Xbox, but wouldn't mind replaying it on the computer for that price if it'll run.

Yep, works fine. I've played it on Windows 7 64 bit.

#2227 sp8001

sp8001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

Psychonauts is a fantastic game... A steal at $2.

The game was updated with Steam Achievements if you're into that sort of thing ;) (and Steam Cloud)

#2228 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

Yep, works fine. I've played it on Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks. Downloading now.

decker%2001.jpg

#2229 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

You need to replace that video card. You either have integrated graphics or a GT430. And both are pretty weak for gaming. The rest of your system exceeds those requirements.

thanks for all the help i doubt i get a new video card but a new PC soon (system is like 5 years old) and makes alot of noise sometimes (like fan is going out) makes the noise like a dvd rom is in when there is nothing in...
WOOOO I STINK

#2230 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

In for the DF Bundle, thanks Tony!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2231 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

Tony, any chance of getting a sale on Alan Wake?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2232 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

Only problem w/ automatic patching is if the new patch breaks your game and cause problems to your game; or you just can't revert back to older patches.
If it's a forced-updated via Steam - especially if you did disable auto-patching, and Steam overrides it - you're screwed, in many instances.

DRM-FREE can also make it easier for modders to deal w/ the EXE file itself, as well - if they need to do some things to basically get it working on modern-systems. Steam pretty much DOES NOT allow the game's EXE file to be tampered with.

Example - Vampire: Bloodlines can be a pain to get running, if you have Win 7. If you bought it from Retail, don't expect too many issues - easy to get around. If you bought Bloodlines from Steam, even worse. If you leave it as is, as Steam gave it to you, you have to do some tweaking on your system itself to get it running on Win 7. Modders have tweaked the EXE file, w/ their unofficial patches [Wesp and Tessera] - so you don't have to deal w/ that, if you use their patches. Also, if you use unofficial patches, Steam will patch you backwards to Last Official Version 1.2, if you don't turn off auto-patching and Steam updates.

But, yes - Steam can be VERY helpful. I mean, just look at the patching mess you'll have to deal w/ for COH games, if you didn't buy it via Steam.

#2233 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Picked up the DF bundle as well!

I had $10 GC sitting in my account still from the $5 Amazon Local deal a while back so all three games cost me $5!

Thanks!

#2234 Fatdude

Fatdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Only problem w/ automatic patching is if the new patch breaks your game and cause problems to your game; or you just can't revert back to older patches.
If it's a forced-updated via Steam - especially if you did disable auto-patching, and Steam overrides it - you're screwed, in many instances.

DRM-FREE can also make it easier for modders to deal w/ the EXE file itself, as well - if they need to do some things to basically get it working on modern-systems. Steam pretty much DOES NOT allow the game's EXE file to be tampered with.

Example - Vampire: Bloodlines can be a pain to get running, if you have Win 7. If you bought it from Retail, don't expect too many issues - easy to get around. If you bought Bloodlines from Steam, even worse. If you leave it as is, as Steam gave it to you, you have to do some tweaking on your system itself to get it running on Win 7. Modders have tweaked the EXE file, w/ their unofficial patches [Wesp and Tessera] - so you don't have to deal w/ that, if you use their patches. Also, if you use unofficial patches, Steam will patch you backwards to Last Official Version 1.2, if you don't turn off auto-patching and Steam updates.

But, yes - Steam can be VERY helpful. I mean, just look at the patching mess you'll have to deal w/ for COH games, if you didn't buy it via Steam.

Steam wont patch over your fan patched game IF game itself doesnt get any offical patches.You can install fan patch over your Steam Titan Quest game and it will stay like that untill game gets an offical patch(which is never) or you check integrity of game data.

Any info on how long Stacking is?

#2235 AMillsy

AMillsy

Northern Michigan CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

I'm in for a copy of Psychonauts. I own it for my original XBox and beat it a few years back, but for $2 I'll go ahead and snag it for Steam too.

It's a really fun platformer with good voice acting, but I do remember one really frustrating level towards the end of the game.

I'm a big Tim Schafer/Double Fine fan and have Stacking and Puzzle Quest on my PS3 as well. Of the two, I enjoyed Stacking the best.

Stacking should take between 4-7 hours complete. 4 hours if you just want to solve each puzzle one way. 6 or 7 if you solve each puzzle the 3 ways they can be solved and are a completionist who wants to collect all the little dolls along the way. The Hobo King DLC will add another 45 minutes to an hour to your play time.

#2236 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Steam wont patch over your fan patched game IF game itself doesnt get any offical patches.

Not always...see below...

You can install fan patch over your Steam Titan Quest game and it will stay like that untill game gets an offical patch(which is never) or you check integrity of game data.

Maybe for TQ (Steam version), but this was NOT the case for V:TM-Bloodlines (Steam version)...check the Bloodlines boards.

There was a big deal back when the unofficial patches were first going around, that Steam was forcing those who put the unofficial patches back to Patch 1.2.
If you are NOT running V:TM-Bloodlines from Steam at Official Version 1.2, it will patch you backwards - unless you turn OFF Steam Community and turn OFF auto-update for V:TM-Bloodlines.
See here.

#2237 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Picked up Psychonauts. It was nothing out of pocket because I had a $10 GC on my account. I missed this game back in the day, so now I can't wait to play it with my X360 controller. Thanks again OP!

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#2238 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

I got.... Everything. How's Darksiders? I hear its like Zelda.

#2239 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

$10 is an amazing deal on the Double Fine bundle -- if I didn't already own Costume Quest and Psychonauts I'd be all over it. As it is I'll just wait for a steeper single discount on Stacking.

#2240 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

Steam wont patch over your fan patched game IF game itself doesnt get any offical patches.You can install fan patch over your Steam Titan Quest game and it will stay like that untill game gets an offical patch(which is never) or you check integrity of game data.

Any info on how long Stacking is?

3 1/2 hours, and another hour for the DLC that comes with it.
http://howlongtobeat....php?gameid=757

#2241 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

I got.... Everything. How's Darksiders? I hear its like Zelda.

Yeah, Darksiders is essentially an M-rated Zelda.

I wish there were more Zelda clones because the formula is so awesome.

MARS

#2242 TheArmoredVirus

TheArmoredVirus

Totally Kuhwhyee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

better see some votes for roller coaster 3...

white_trash_headache.png

3e5bhcz.png

#2243 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

If the patching scheme is a pain in the a$$ (like in COH), then it is the developer's fault, not because of the DRM-free feature.

If you favor Steam for their auto-patch feature, then you would be disappointed to find out that it doesn't always work in your favor.

Why do I say that? Because some games (i.e.Men of War, Majesty 2 etc.) took a LONG LONG time for the official patch to arrive to the Steam (Steam's fault since they sure take their time with the certification) So while your friends with their non-Steam version enjoyed the new patch/fix, you are stuck with the old version of the game.

So keep it in mind.

#2244 Fatdude

Fatdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

3 1/2 hours, and another hour for the DLC that comes with it.
http://howlongtobeat....php?gameid=757

I'll pass then.I'll wait for a better deal , hopefully in steam summer sale.

If the patching scheme is a pain in the a$$ (like in COH), then it is the developer's fault, not because of the DRM-free feature.

If you favor Steam for their auto-patch feature, then you would be disappointed to find out that it doesn't always work in your favor.

Why do I say that? Because some games (i.e.Men of War, Majesty 2 etc.) took a LONG LONG time for the official patch to arrive to the Steam (Steam's fault since they sure take their time with the certification) So while your friends with their non-Steam version enjoyed the new patch/fix, you are stuck with the old version of the game.

So keep it in mind.

Yeah thats a problem but games that actually have THAT problem are very limited in numbers.

Still Having Steam as DRM feels better for most people over DRM-Free for archive purposes , auto patching and other things Steam bring when its used as a DRM.

#2245 gcorlett

gcorlett

For reals.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

In for Psychonauts for $2. I passed on that price on Steam in 2010, before it got the new PC friendly updates last year. It just didn't play right on PC before the patch.

Thrilled to get my hands on another classic game that will be discussed for-evar. Great deal.

#2246 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

I'm excited to get down to some serious playing.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#2247 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

Bought Psychonauts and Darksiders. Excited for the May sale (I have Alan Wake and AvP as definite buys).

Thanks again Tony for doing such an awesome job with getting deals.

Posted Image

#2248 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

In for Psychonauts, no way I could pass that up!

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#2249 MastaNinja

MastaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:13 AM

Amazing deal

#2250 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:17 AM

Im hoping for the Divinity 2 DKS Steam key, DRM free is great and everything for those that want it...but that fact the Amazon is going to offer both is AWESOME. I like Steam just for content management, so for me this is great. Heres to hoping it makes the MAYhem sale...unless I missed something and it has or hasn't. It would be nice to see more games offer Steam keys if that is something that you're able to obtain, to coincide with DRM free versions if they are available. I would certainly purchase more from Amazon if that was the case.