Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10290 replies to this topic

#2251 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

Picked up Psychonauts and Costume Quest for $5 total, unbelievable. Thanks Tony.

#2252 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:57 AM

Cool, got Psychonauts for $2.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#2253 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:31 AM

it would be nice to see more games offer steam keys if that is something that you're able to obtain, to coincide with drm free versions if they are available. I would certainly purchase more from amazon if that was the case.

+1000

#2254 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:38 AM

Vote for Next Weekend's Deals:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/dealsvote

Darksiders, Metro 2033, and Red Faction Armageddon Activate on Steam, COH GOTY does not.

Could you remove this, please (as it's screwed my mind for the last week and a half, lol)? Thanks.

#2255 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:41 AM

Im hoping for the Divinity 2 DKS Steam key, DRM free is great and everything for those that want it...but that fact the Amazon is going to offer both is AWESOME. I like Steam just for content management, so for me this is great. Heres to hoping it makes the MAYhem sale...unless I missed something and it has or hasn't. It would be nice to see more games offer Steam keys if that is something that you're able to obtain, to coincide with DRM free versions if they are available. I would certainly purchase more from Amazon if that was the case.

For "content management," can't you use "add a non-Steam game to your library" in Steam to accomplish this?

#2256 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:46 AM

For "content management," can't you use, "add a non-Steam game to your library," in Steam to accomplish this?

You could, sure...
...But keep in mind, you don't get ALL of the Steam benefits for adding a Non-Steam version.

Add a Non-Steam game, all you get is to see your Steam-friends; take screenshots.

You don't get auto-patching/auto-updates; stat tracking; Steam Achievements; and some of the other Steam benefits.

#2257 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:47 AM

For "content management," can't you use "add a non-Steam game to your library" in Steam to accomplish this?

No, by content management I guess I mean ease of download as well. I'm too lazy to remember where I bought "x"game. Its a tired debate, people like what they like.

#2258 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:50 AM

Add a non-steam game is REALLY limited and almost pointless (other than to launch on a list of games on a local pc). Having it added to your actual steam profile allows you to carry/dl/etc anywhere and everywhere you want along with actual steam cloud/support features.

This is why I personally prefer steam even over drm-free standalone games. However this is a personal taste thing as everyone has opinions on what they think is best in terms of game management and drm.

#2259 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:59 AM

No, by content management I guess I mean ease of download as well. I'm too lazy to remember where I bought "x"game. Its a tired debate, people like what they like.

I usually FORCE my installs into specific locations, so I remember where I bought X game or depends on what services the game might force on you...

Examples:
Origin -> C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Origin Games\
Gamersgate -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Gamersgate Games\
Amazon DownLoads -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Amazon DL Games
Retail Box games -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Retail Games\
Steam -> Default Steam folder location.

#2260 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:08 AM

I usually FORCE my installs into specific locations, so I remember where I bought X game or depends on what services the game might force on you...

Examples:
Origin -> C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Origin Games\
Gamersgate -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Gamersgate Games\
Amazon DownLoads -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Amazon DL Games
Retail Box games -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Retail Games\

But when it's not installed is my issue, I'll forgot what I even own. To me it's just easier so it's my preference, I don't want amazon to stop carrying different versions of games but if they were able to add steam versions I'm sure they get additional sales. I'm not sure how it all works either, I'm guessing steam can issue keys for any game available on steam if the developer or published requests them?

#2261 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:11 AM

But when it's not installed is my issue, I'll forgot what I even own. To me it's just easier so it's my preference, I don't want amazon to stop carrying different versions of games but if they were able to add steam versions I'm sure they get additional sales. I'm not sure how it all works either, I'm guessing steam can issue keys for any game available on steam if the developer or published requests them?

I keep all my full-game installers separate places, as well.
This is ALSO so I don't have that problem you mentioned.

Example:
C:\My Full Game Back-Ups\[Name of service it forces OR where I bought it from]

I usually cut my back-ups to DVD discs, eventually...and write on the disc where I bought it or what service it forces.

#2262 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:16 AM

I picked up Pyschonauts. Couldn't resist at that price!
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#2263 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:17 AM

Example:

I usually cut my back-ups to DVD discs, eventually...and write on the disc where I bought it or what service it forces.

All good ideas, all which I'm to lazy to do lol. If rather have someone else (valve) do it for me.

#2264 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:21 AM

I agree. Just trying to help. I'm new to PC gaming myself (even though I've known alot about the games, it's far different once you actually start buying & playing games on PC). I had no idea that you would have any reason to remember where you bought a game just to play it. All my games are on Steam, Origin, GOG, or bought from Amazon for one of those places (or DRM free, but I install it immediately). I still have to buy another HDD & an SSD for my PC (I have a 1tb, but it's getting right at half full frighteningly fast, lol - like 2 months).

I promised myself I would only buy PC games released in the last year, or so (as I recently spent ~$1150 on a gaming rig, but have all games I am interested in playing that released prior to that on consoles). I have about 40 games in my backlog (all 360, ps3, or Wii), so I did NOT need to, but I bought Psychonauts 'just cuz'! Thanks, Tony!

#2265 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:25 AM

All good ideas, all which I'm to lazy to do lol. If rather have someone else (valve) do it for me.

Even if you use Steam, Valve ain't going to let you back-up your own games and stuff for you.
You gotta' do that yourself - whether you use Steam's Back-Up Utility [for archiving games] or back-up your Steam folder yourself. :P
Always good to do that, so you don't have to do massive DL's again - which can be time-consuming. Think like big games like RAGE [24 GB].

In my back-ups, I also keep stuff associated w/ game, as well in their own sub-folders - my back-ups of saves; patches; mods; etc etc.

Edited by MysterD, 07 May 2012 - 03:50 AM.

#2266 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

I'm always afraid someone would re-issue the key, so I redeem my games right when I buy them. Try starting a 'Favorites' folder for the website pages of the games you buy that aren't Steam redeemable. I guess you could just not buy them, otherwise, but surely that would limit the choices you have sometimes (at least I'd think so).

I think the more competition, the better (in any sense). It forces innovation, and/or lower prices. I was certainly not suggesting to 'not' offer games via Steam. I'm sorry if that's the way my post sounded to you.

#2267 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

Example:

I did that for my Witcher 2 backup copy from GOG, and it took 4 freakin' 4.7gb DVD's, lol. It sucks, cuz I'd have like 3.6 - 3.9 gb ready to put on a disc, and nothing else would fit to make full use of the space (as the files were too big). I did end up putting all the extras on there with it just to fill some space.

#2268 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

I think the more competition, the better (in any sense). It forces innovation, and/or lower prices.

Agreed.

I was certainly not suggesting to 'not' offer games via Steam.

Absolutely.
I do buy lots of games that require Steam no matter what.
I also buy games from Steam directly, when their prices or content offered is better than other stores.
I go where the best prices go [at a certain time].

#2269 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:41 AM

I did that for my Witcher 2 backup copy from GOG, and it took 4 freakin' 4.7gb DVD's, lol. It sucks, cuz I'd have like 3.6 - 3.9 gb ready to put on a disc, and nothing else would fit to make full use of the space (as the files were too big). I did end up putting all the extras on there with it just to fill some space.

Yeah, that's the only thing that sucks about BIG games - they take up LOTS of DVD's.
Might be worth some of us looking into buying Blu-Ray Burner Drives and blank BR discs, if games keep getting huge like this...
I mean, hell - Rockstar has Max Payne 3 PC wanting 35 GB of HDD, for crying out loud...

#2270 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:53 AM

Ever tried installing Rage onto your 360 HD? That's fun.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#2271 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:55 AM

Ever tried installing Rage onto your 360 HD? That's fun.

Don't have a 360.
I do have Rage PC [from Retail on multiple DVD's] and had to install that.
24 GB install.

DAO: Ultimate [PC] was around 28 GB in total for its install...

Edited by MysterD, 07 May 2012 - 04:07 AM.

#2272 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:57 AM

Gave in and bought Costume Quest. Alas we live in the age of the digital packrat.

#2273 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:08 AM

Hey guys! Glad you're all digging the deals :). There are like 4 pages of DRM discussion and Final Fantasy banter that I'm reading through but I THINK I've addressed everyone's questions/comments.

If I haven't please re-ping me so I can comment/answer! I'll continue to go back through and make sure I didn't miss anything...but I probably did.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#2274 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hey guys! Glad you're all digging the deals :). There are like 4 pages of DRM discussion and Final Fantasy banter that I'm reading through but I THINK I've addressed everyone's questions/comments.

Don't forget the huge-sized game install talk we just started, as well... ;)

#2275 IronChariot

IronChariot

CAG Deity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

Is it possible to gift games purchased on Amazon? I'd like to gift the Oh So Fine bundle since I already have all three games on 360 and know someone who might enjoy them.

#2276 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

I could be wrong, but I believe that Tony mentioned that the gifting function on these sales isn't running right now and that he'd let us know when it was available. Something like that.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#2277 Gamien

Gamien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

You can always gift the Steam keys if they use the platform.
Currently Playing
:ds: The World Ends With You
:ps3: Crysis 2

Earn for Charity While You Shop Online - FREE at clickanthropy.org

#2278 IronChariot

IronChariot

CAG Deity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:37 AM

You can always gift the Steam keys if they use the platform.

Thanks. I thought you might be able to do that, but I wanted to make sure before purchasing.

#2279 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

When are the may sales starting?

#2280 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

I guess people haven't heard of spreadsheets.

Add a game and the place from where you bought it whenever you make a purchase. Then you don't have to remember anything and can easily have everything in one place.

Are people this spoiled by Steam?