TRU Online pre-orders for Game of Thrones, The Witcher 2, maybe more! $44.99

Roninalchemist

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I was checking the recent post about 50% off a few TRU games including Soul Calibur V, and while browsing through the 360 games I noticed that at least a couple of highly anticipated games were on the cheap!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12515985 - Game of Thrones

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12644778 - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Both of them are $44.99 and TRU has free shipping on all video game pre-orders (not PC though). There are probably more but its 5am and I'm tired...good hunting, CAG-ers! May apply to some PS3 games as well, I didn't look.

Good find. Thanks op.
tyui

These have been advertised for awhile. Right now I believe it is Tiger Woods 13, Witcher 2, Lollipop Chainsaw and Game of thrones. Before they had FIFA Street, SSX, and a handful of others.

Just be aware that your game won't ship until Tuesday or Wednesay of release week so in my experience the games won't arrive until Friday or the following Monday.

So chances are the games will drop $20 after 2 weeks vs. waiting one week for shipping anyway.

I can see Tiger Woods, Lollipop, and Game of Thrones dropping quickly to $40, I think less likely for Witcher though

[quote name='GBAstar']

Just be aware that your game won't ship until Tuesday or Wednesay of release week so in my experience the games won't arrive until Friday or the following Monday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing that. I may cancel my Witcher 2 preorder from there and order somewhere else to get it day 1. I'm really looking forward to it.

[quote name='thegame85']Thanks for sharing that. I may cancel my Witcher 2 preorder from there and order somewhere else to get it day 1. I'm really looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

You could always pre-order from Gamestop, save your receipt, then return the Toys R Us copy when it arrives.

[quote name='Bosamba']You could always pre-order from Gamestop, save your receipt, then return the Toys R Us copy when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

Hmm maybe ill do that but swap Gamestop for Best Buy or Target.

I LOVE Game of Thrones show, when I first saw Game of Thrones videogame it looked kinda stale. I then see its publish by Atlas and they released a new Gameplay video and it reminds me alot of DragonAge Origins (Yea the good DA, not the crap II)
http://youtu.be/b-KzAaSii3M

[quote name='mitnosi']Do they charge your item ships or when the order is placed?[/QUOTE]

Also curious. I would order The Witcher 2 from Amazon, but the lack of an acceptable bonus, or any kind of price matching, is kinda getting to me. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Rhett']Also curious. I would order The Witcher 2 from Amazon, but the lack of an acceptable bonus, or any kind of price matching, is kinda getting to me. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

then preorder from bestbuy. free shipping, they don't charge til it ships, and the preorder bonus us a t-shirt. also, you can pm if the price is lower at another b&m store within 30 days of purchase. several people here pm'ed the toysrus price of 44.99 for KOA-Amalur at best buy because the price was still active after release day.

[quote name='GBAstar']
Just be aware that your game won't ship until Tuesday or Wednesay of release week so in my experience the games won't arrive until Friday or the following Monday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. If it wasn't for the fact that I've taken a couple days off work to play Witcher, I would've gotten in on the deal.

[quote name='technicalstylez']then preorder from bestbuy. free shipping, they don't charge til it ships, and the preorder bonus us a t-shirt. also, you can pm if the price is lower at another b&m store within 30 days of purchase. several people here pm'ed the toysrus price of 44.99 for KOA-Amalur at best buy because the price was still active after release day.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I'll keep that in mind! I don't usually shop around other than Amazon, but this seems decent enough.

If I pre-order from gamestop for the preorder bonuses do I have to return the bonus item along with the game? I really want the artbook from game of thrones.

your "props" should be going to Cyanide since they are making the game. Atlus is just publishing it.
wish the tru preorder included the artbook.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Nope, just the game. I didn't know Atlus was making this game. I give that studio mad props.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back