Sony Store St. Patty's sale: $1.97 Splatterhouse!

pulsar0510

CAGiversary!
Picked up Splatterhouse @ $1.97 and ElderScroll Oblivion Anniversery Edition Steel case for $14.97. There were a bunch of games at 50% off of their clearance prices (except for Vita games, obviously).
This was at the Madison Ave. store in NYC, and I figure if they had low prices you are likely to find them nationwide.

Not sure if this was on sale for St. Patrick's day or just being clearanced, but I picked up Crysis 2 for 9.99 and the last copy of Dark Souls for 14.99 today at the Sony Outlet in Limerick, PA. Those were the only games I was interested in picking up. From what I remember, they also had Bulletstorm for 4.99 (for those who weren't able to find it at BB with the GCU coupon), Alice Madness for 14.99(?), Spiderman Edge of Time 14.99, Dragon Age II for 9.99 as well. Those were the only titles I remembered. They still have Resistance 2 CE for anyone who is looking for that. I don't quite remember the price, but it wasn't too bad.

[quote name='MisterFleX']Not sure if this was on sale for St. Patrick's day or just being clearanced, but I picked up Crysis 2 for 9.99 and the last copy of Dark Souls for 14.99 today at the Sony Outlet in Limerick, PA. Those were the only games I was interested in picking up. From what I remember, they also had Bulletstorm for 4.99 (for those who weren't able to find it at BB with the GCU coupon), Alice Madness for 14.99(?), Spiderman Edge of Time 14.99, Dragon Age II for 9.99 as well. Those were the only titles I remembered. They still have Resistance 2 CE for anyone who is looking for that. I don't quite remember the price, but it wasn't too bad.[/QUOTE]

The Sony store around here usually has a generous amount of good games for really cheap, and most people looking for games walking the mall wouldn't ever stop in because out from it's just TV's and laptops on display.

Nice find on the $15 Dark Souls, btw.

I'm confused by what exactly counts as a Sony Store. If I go to the Sony store store locator, there is only five in the LA area, but I see them all the time in malls, you know selling laptops and Sony TVs.

[quote name='pulsar0510']Picked up Splatterhouse @ $1.97 and ElderScroll Oblivion Anniversery Edition Steel case for $14.97. There were a bunch of games at 50% off of their clearance prices (except for Vita games, obviously).
This was at the Madison Ave. store in NYC, and I figure if they had low prices you are likely to find them nationwide.[/QUOTE]

What else was there ? Ill probibly stop by there during my penny guides hunt tommorow lol

Ooo... I see they're back to their cheap games! I forgot about them after I didn't see any more $4.99 games there the last time.

Thanks for the mentioning, OP!

Thanks for the heads up op.
tyuio

If anyone is able to get a spare copy of Splatterhouse for $2 I am more than happy to send you the cost+shipping and a little more.

Checked the Aventura FL store, not much other than a bunch of $5 copies of Bulletstorm. About this time last year I got quite a few good deals at the Boca Raton store. I won't be stopping by there but it might be worth it for someone in the area to check out.

Saw Alice for 14.xx, DA2 for 9, homefront for 4.97, SC V and never dead for 30

Edit: just remembered Rayman origins was at 19.99 too

Last edited by a moderator:
does the NYC store usually have sales or clearance like this? also, is there any other NYC stores that have video game deals? ANY NYCers please PM me if you know about local deals/stores, thanks

gonna have to check this out tomorrow. only problem is that my ex gf works at a store in the mall right across the way... its always a mission trying to get in the sony store without her seeing me. wish me luck!

Just went to the Sony store in Philly and picked up Spiderman: Edge of Time and Dark Souls for $15 each. (Sorry, I think I snagged the last Dark Souls). Also saw Brink for $10, Rayman Origins for $20 (as previously mentioned), and a bunch more deals.

[quote name='anumeric']were the prices marked on the games?
gonna check out the local sonystyle :)[/QUOTE]

In the Philly store, the prices were on an old-school price tag on the spine, and the games on sale had a red sticker.

I wandered into the San Diego store by chance last night and picked up Portal 2 for $9.97 and Rayman Origins for $19.97. I believe they also had Crysis 2 for $10 as well, along with a couple others that I'm not currently remembering.

it just occured to me these are all ps3 games only, right? i've never actually been to a sony store. would i just be wasting a trip there if i don't have a ps3?

I picked up Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 and Dead Space 2 for $9.97 each (not the best deals but not too shabby imo).

[quote name='tribalnoise']it just occured to me these are all ps3 games only, right? i've never actually been to a sony store. would i just be wasting a trip there if i don't have a ps3?[/QUOTE]

Unless you are reselling or flipping then yes you are wasting a trip. You could also hook some cheapies up as well as that's what we do :)

Thx OP! Dallas Galleria location still had a ton of Dead Space 2 limited edition (includes on-rails Wii shooter, Dead Space Extraction; PS Move Compatible) & 1 copy of Homefront (in the back of the store).

EDIT: Went back to get Crysis 2 LE for a homie & they had a couple copies of Portal 2 behind the counter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any orange county (CA) CAGs tried the Sony store at South Coast Plaza?
They remodeled/moved the store, and the couple times I’ve been there since then, they’ve had jack squat for clearance.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Unless you are reselling or flipping then yes you are wasting a trip. You could also hook some cheapies up as well as that's what we do :)[/QUOTE]i was excited to check it out to see if they had xbox 360 games. then i was like "wait, it's a sony store" :speaktothehand:

Thanks op I managed to snag a coy of the steel case oblivion and home front for $15 and $5 each respectively.

If anyone can get their hands on portal 2 and/or dark souls and would be willing to trade for I got or I can pay you for them. Just shoot me a pm, thx.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']Hmm... I might stop by the Philly Sony Store, if anyone wants me to see if I can get anything, let me know.[/QUOTE]

PM me if you can get Splatterhouse, I'd pay for it + the cost of shipping. FWIW, it's $15 (FSSS) on Amazon right now.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Thx OP! Dallas Galleria location still had a ton of Dead Space 2 limited edition (includes on-rails Wii shooter, Dead Space Extraction; PS Move Compatible) & 1 copy of Homefront (in the back of the store).

EDIT: Went back to get Crysis 2 LE for a homie & they had a couple copies of Portal 2 behind the counter.[/QUOTE]

Chit! :bomb: Forgot about Portal! I was, just, near a Sony store!!!!!!!!! *hisses* :evil:

Thanks for the reminder!:)

Hopefully the splatterhouse tiv is at least 2$ at gamestop cause if it is its a perfect game to use as filler to boost your credit. Not only would you get your 2$ back for each copy but you will get an extra 10$ as well if its part of a 3/10 deal

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Chit! :bomb: Forgot about Portal! I was, just, near a Sony store!!!!!!!!! *hisses* :evil:

Thanks for the reminder!:)[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! :D

[quote name='AionTelos']Sony has there own store? Impressive.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I see them all the time in mall centers. They even have outlet stores that awkwardly stand in the middle of CK, Guess etc. factory stores.

bread's done
Back