Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SeanTM22']Decent prices for SCC, WAW, and MGS rest are meh

BB is really trying to push the preowned tradesins/sales[/QUOTE]

They should add Catherine to that list. I'd gladly use my coupon on that. ;) complete with Catherine on the cover. Not the alt version.

Just an fyi. If anyones planning on getting MGS4 because of Metal Gear Online, be warned the game is shutting down in less than 3 months

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just an fyi. If anyones planning on getting MGS4 because of Metal Gear Online, be warned the game is shutting down in less than 3 months[/QUOTE]

I got the game 2 years ago and have yet been able to get online with it. THe updates would never install. :wall:

Hmmm... MLB11 is in stock used near me according to the site. I have MLB10 The SHow that I paid $10 for over a year ago that trades in for $4, so $4.40 after boost. Which would make MLB11 $3.60 plus tax.

Is it worth it to upgrade for that small of a price or should I just stay with MLB 10? I don't really play it, I think I played it once or twice since I got it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Hmmm... MLB11 is in stock used near me according to the site. I have MLB10 The SHow that I paid $10 for over a year ago that trades in for $4, so $4.40 after boost. Which would make MLB11 $3.60 plus tax.

Is it worth it to upgrade for that small of a price or should I just stay with MLB 10? I don't really play it, I think I played it once or twice since I got it.[/QUOTE]

Why spend any money to 'upgrade' if it's a game you're not interested in playing?

Because it's such a minimal amount and I have a large amount of credit at Best Buy. Granted if the changed from 10 to 11 were minimal and only for die-hard fans of the series/sports games then I can pass. But if they are substantial where it fixes issues or adds new modes or something along those lines $4 is not that much to pay for an upgrade.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Because it's such a minimal amount and I have a large amount of credit at Best Buy. Granted if the changed from 10 to 11 were minimal and only for die-hard fans of the series/sports games then I can pass. But if they are substantial where it fixes issues or adds new modes or something along those lines $4 is not that much to pay for an upgrade.[/QUOTE]
I found 11 better then 10. Plus if you have move, the Home Run Derby mode can be great fun with friends.

Though I'm actually more interested in The Show 12 when it gets cheap as I think you can use Move all the time

DW games only drop to the prices they should be when their superior sequels come out. I hate that franchise and I hate the pile of DW games I keep buying because I can't stop.

To that end, good price on Strikeforce if you have the bad taste to be stuck on Koei but there are better Koei warriors games now. Good price on Conviction but since it's down to Ubi clearance tier at $20 new there's a good chance you can get it new. It doesn't have an online pass though, I don't think, and any BB SC3000K reward codes just unlock the rifle six levels earlier. You will NEVER USE THAT RIFLE so who cares.

WaW price is good too

If anyone is planning on purchasing one of the 12.99-17.99 games and has the 10 off $19.99 pre-owned coupon, you should try to use it on one of these games. If you get a cashier to at least try to scan it to see if it works. It might, because with the 10% gcu discount, when you buy used games that are on sale, you get the 10% off from the regular price, so perhaps the the magazine coupons will work the same way. Don't think its worth to try on the 9.99 games as it would essentially make them free.

[quote name='SeanTM22']BB is really trying to push the preowned tradesins/sales[/QUOTE]they need to too many stores have weak selections it's gonna take them awhile to get a stock like GS so they gotta keep their foot on the pedal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kinney_bmx']I found 11 better then 10. Plus if you have move, the Home Run Derby mode can be great fun with friends.

Though I'm actually more interested in The Show 12 when it gets cheap as I think you can use Move all the time[/QUOTE]

The Show is one of the few games that really gets better every year. 11 is very good and better than 10. I am waiting for the first decent deal on 12 and I am going to snatch it up. Probably the next GS B2G1 will be when I make my jump up.

According to the website, Forza 4 is on sale for $35 or $21.50 after coupon and unlocked, and Gears 3 and Just Dance 3 for 360 are on sale for $30 or $17 after coupon are unlocked.

[quote name='jdawgg76']According to the website, Forza 4 is on sale for $35 or $21.50 after coupon and unlocked, and Gears 3 and Just Dance 3 for 360 are on sale for $30 or $17 after coupon are unlocked.[/QUOTE]
I don't post $25+ used games. In the Jan/Feb issue of @gamer there was a $20 off pre-owned coupon for gears of war 3. As for Forza 4 and Just Dance 3, I don't think its worth the trouble of finding them in store and better deals can be found online for those used.

FIgured around 20 or under for the first two was pretty good so I just threw it out there. Better than 21.50 for Forza 4? Wow, thought it was still higher than that. I'd try to find a new copy anyway to get the free downloads if it was me though.

Yeah, I'm probably in for Dead Island as well. It didn't have an online pass or free content download when bought new did it? It's either this or I'll get Forza 3 or Mafia 2 if I can find a greatest hits version which had extra content on the discs.

Dead Island does not have an online pass. So $8 dead island is a very good deal for those who can find them in store.:)

[quote name='htz']Dead Island does not have an online pass. So $8 dead island is a very good deal for those who can find them in store.:)[/QUOTE]Cool, thanks.

Wow.. I've been looking to get Uncharted and Uncharted 2 on the cheap. Gears, Borderlands, Dead Island, Vanquish and Time Crisis are nice bonuses as well.

Wish they had Dead Island within 30 miles here, was tempted when it was $12 used, even more tempted when it's $8. Anybody know if you call a local store if they could transfer it from a nearby store?

[quote name='sninh']Hmmm lets see if it rings up for $5[/QUOTE]

Assuming you meant Dead Island, yes it does. :D (though its actually $5.50)

Anybody play Socom 4 with the Sharpshooter? If so how was it. I picked up the PS Move Mayhem Bundle from Best Buy for $60 awhile back and have always been interested in picking up this game now that I have the sharpshooter.

[quote name='TooPoor']Seeing the present inventory at my local BB, scoring Dead Island would be impossible, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
My closest BB had a copy of Dead Island for the PS3 for the longest time, but with all of the B2G1 sales they've been running it(and the lone copy of Uncharted 3) disappeared long before I could grab them.

But apparently they have 3+ in stock of the 360 version of Dead Island, since it shows up in the inventory checker for all three local BB stores.:whistle2:#

I was actually at BestBuy twice this week and Dead Island for PS3 was never in stock. I asked the guy in gaming about it and he showed me the used games they just were sent and one of them was Dead Island for Xbox. I'm hoping they get a few in for PS3 before the coupon expires.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But apparently they have 3+ in stock of the 360 version of Dead Island, since it shows up in the inventory checker for all three local BB stores.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that's how the used game inventory checker works. When I bought my used games this weekend, I made sure the website said "available now" before heading to the store. When I got there, there were 2 copies of Spider-man SD and 1 of Dead Island. So I wouldn't count on multiple copies just because the website shows in-stock.

[quote name='Kyden139']I'm not sure that's how the used game inventory checker works. When I bought my used games this weekend, I made sure the website said "available now" before heading to the store. When I got there, there were 2 copies of Spider-man SD and 1 of Dead Island. So I wouldn't count on multiple copies just because the website shows in-stock.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think it's the same for Used games. My store showed In-Stock for RDR-Xbox the other day. I went and bought the only copy and it updated to out of stock. But who knows...

Got Dead Island ps3, they still had a couple Xbox copies at the salt lake city best buy. Thanks OP!

Also, it was $5.50 before tax. Anyone know why?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Got Dead Island ps3, they still had a couple Xbox copies at the salt lake city best buy. Thanks OP!

Also, it was $5.50 before tax. Anyone know why?[/QUOTE]

After the coupon? Sounds like an awesome deal.

[quote name='Interfeci']After the coupon? Sounds like an awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was expecting $8.xx but it was $5.83 after tax. I always love the looks on cashiers faces on deals like these

You can get it in store for $5 or grab a year sub for $15. It's worth it to grab a subscription since the coupons have been excellent lately. There's a whole thread about it here.

And ninja'd

@tmly
No it's a in store coupon only. Though you may be able to order it that way then do a return/rebuy but thats a YMMV situation.

Someone who isn't going to use their 10$ off 19.99 or more. COuld you please PM the code. I do not own a magazine, and I feel as if I wont be able to get it by today.

[quote name='Brother Daz']You can get it in store for $5 or grab a year sub for $15. It's worth it to grab a subscription since the coupons have been excellent lately. There's a whole thread about it here.

And ninja'd

@tmly
No it's a in store coupon only. Though you may be able to order it that way then do a return/rebuy but thats a YMMV situation.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back