Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Used DOTW: 10/21/2012 - 10/27/2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1727 replies to this topic

#481 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

They were not for flips. I wanted a personal copy since I traded mine a long time ago when I got the helghast edition and the other 2 were for my friends since we were planning on playing online.

You buy them games/get them deals? Wow. Need another friend?

#482 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Friends don't let friends buy games at full price.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#483 kevinc23

kevinc23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

I let them know about the deals and pick the games up for them when they can't make it. plus its a lot cheaper to buy all 3 together and then just split the cost evenly since all 3 of us wanted the game.

#484 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

Your gas cost/time must be infinite. If I had a friend who would do that, I think I'd use them regularly.

#485 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

They were not for flips. I wanted a personal copy since I traded mine a long time ago when I got the helghast edition and the other 2 were for my friends since we were planning on playing online.

Can I be your best friend? All my friends are brokeasses or cheapasses
8-) Head BrokeAss

#486 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Sorry I forgot to put the /s for sarcasm.

Haha, I didn't pay attention who posted. I actually thought it was the same person. :applause:
8-) Head BrokeAss

#487 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hmmm....is it time to give Dragon Age 2 another shot?

#488 kevinc23

kevinc23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Your gas cost/time must be infinite. If I had a friend who would do that, I think I'd use them regularly.

You must be one of those people who does not have anything better to do than to start a conflict over the internet. I am not gonna argue with you since you do not know the situation or know anything about my friendship. The whole reason why I posted my comment is to let people know there might be a problem when buying some of the sale prices in store along with the current preowned promotion since BB is known to have weird glitches on their system.

#489 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

I think you guys just have shitty friends.

#490 kickyea

kickyea

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

I've never ordered pre-owned games from BB before. I know DLC codes are probably not included but what about manual and overall quality of the discs?

#491 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Picked out two $25 used games but can't find a third to maximize by "G1".

Any good $25 games with high trade in anyone knows off the top of their head? TIA

#492 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Woop! Thanks for all the heads up, OP! :)

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#493 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

I've never ordered pre-owned games from BB before. I know DLC codes are probably not included but what about manual and overall quality of the discs?

Whenever they get trade-ins they usually have them shipped to get the CD cleaned/buffed before they shrink wrap the games before they are redistributed to stores.

That's what has been implied.
The discs I've received have all been in good condition.
All the games I've ordered have come in a case with artcover and manual but I'm not sure if it's standard or I got lucky since I know I see a lot of copies in store that have that ugly printed cover

#494 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Whenever they get trade-ins they usually have them shipped to get the CD cleaned/buffed before they shrink wrap the games before they are redistributed to stores.

All the games I've ordered have come in a case with artcover and manual but I'm not sure if it's standard or I got lucky since I know I see a lot of copies in store that have that ugly printed cover

You've gotten lucky than. They don't guarantee cover art/manual when you order used games online. Though it seems to be pretty good odds you will get them I wouldn't count on it.

#495 kickyea

kickyea

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

You've gotten lucky than. They don't guarantee cover art/manual when you order used games online. Though it seems to be pretty good odds you will get them I wouldn't count on it.

Thanks for the input!

#496 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

I figured, which is why I like buying in-stores so I can at least pick and choose.

#497 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Is their any online codes for ac: brotherhood?

#498 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Not that I recall. I think AC:R was the first one to have one.

Also, my copy of Enslaved used from online did not have a manual =[

#499 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Thanks OP, going to do in store pick up for some of the 9.99 games. very awesome deal.

#500 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

I just open a new copy of brotherhood on PS3 and nope.
They don't even have a manual...it's a trifold paper.

#501 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

Awesome. thanks

#502 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

MvC3, KZ3 and Fallout NV for me. I already own ACB and GOW or I would have picked one of those.

Thanks OP!

#503 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

Ugh, whhhhhyyyy. Just went to store pick-up and Killzone 3 and God of War 3 are disc only. Does Best Buy let you swap or return/rebuy a different copy with box art at a different store if you keep the game sealed?

#504 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

Possibly if you can find another copy.
I don't see why they wouldn't unless you get a nit picky CS Rep

Edit: and this is why I've only been doing disc only trades at GS/BB.
In case I get a generic case or the case gets dented.

#505 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

B2G1 and dotw sale prices are online only just fyi. They dont ring up in-store properly.

#506 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

B2G1 and dote sale prices are online only just fyi. They dont ring up in-store properly.

yeah i noticed that the last time mvc3 was on sale at the beginning of april.. luckily the clerk was ok with price matching.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#507 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

Will those games ring up $9.99 in store and b2g1 if I just walk in the store and buy them off the shelves?

#508 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

B2G1 and dotw sale prices are online only just fyi. They dont ring up in-store properly.

Yeah just got back from buying MvC3, Killzone 3 and Dragon Age 2 in store. When he scanned them they rang up at normal price. The cashier had to price match for me (man people at bestbuy really hate adjusting prices the guy had a sour face the whole transaction) and the B2G1 rang up just fine. Though I'm kicking myself for forgetting to use my reward zone for the 10% off. Could've saved two bucks I think?
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#509 WTFD4V1D

WTFD4V1D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

They were going to give me two brand new copies of Brotherhood and KZ3, but the guy checking receipts called up another employee and they switched to pre-owned ones. Luckily, they had the original boxes and manuals although the discs have some scratches on them.

#510 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Did an instore pick up for ACB, NBA2k11, and MvC3. Was wanting Killzone, but none of the store have it.