Best Buy Used DOTW: 10/21/2012 - 10/27/2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1727 replies to this topic

#61 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

How are you getting Dead Island for that price? Dead Island is $19.99 on both systems according to the BB site. The 10% CGU perk knocks off $1.99, the GCU coupon knocks another $10 off, bringing it to $8 + tax.

Various games are glitching for various reasons (I got Halo Reach for like $4.XX) it's basically taking $15 off rather than $10 or something weird for various games (Heard Red dead redemption for some, halo reach for me, dead island for others)

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#62 ivos

ivos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

I can confirm socom 4 is $5.50 after coupon and gcu! $5.79 after tax.

Confirmed ! Just got my copy of SOCOM 4 and it is $5.50 + tax (after Reward zone members discount and cupon) WOWOOO !!

#63 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Was able to pick up Socom 4 for $5.50 with the $10 off coupon. Was gonna pick up Halo Reach also to flip to GameStop but I have 1 coupon left. Trying to save it for Dead Island if I could find it.

#64 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Wish they had Dead Island within 30 miles here, was tempted when it was $12 used, even more tempted when it's $8. Anybody know if you call a local store if they could transfer it from a nearby store?

I have heard from other CAGs that you can ask an associate in store to order it for you and they will accept the coupon even though the terms on the coupon says it only works on in store and in stock items. YMMV

Got Dead Island ps3, they still had a couple Xbox copies at the salt lake city best buy. Thanks OP!

Also, it was $5.50 before tax. Anyone know why?

Somebody in the other best buy thread(@gamer march coupon thread) said there is a glitch going on with the package discount.

Can you do ship to store and use the coupon? Thanks.

Check my reply above to foladar. It might also be possible to do a return and rebuy with coupon but you might not get the game in time. Since it takes 3-5 days to ship to store and sale might have ended by then.

damn sucks that they don't have Dead Space 2 or Time Crisis in stock at all, but a nice price for dead island, just a little FYI the trade in value for that is $16 still

All games in the OP were in stock for shipping when I posted earlier in the morning, check CAG more often. ;)

Anyone know if the games come in the original case?
It says on page that they do but has anyone ever gotten their game without one? Cause I'm considering buying Vanquish.

Its 50/50, BB has not properly removed that claim off there website on all listings yet. They used to be able to guarantee original case since they did not accept trade ins unless they are complete. Now you can trade in just the disc into BB and they will give you full trade in value.

#65 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

Well I guess I am going to just order online since the closet BBY with Dead Island is 40 miles round trip. I will use the $5 I would save on gas so I might as well just get it online.
Posted Image

#66 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

You can really tell that Best Buy wants to market its pre-owned section better.

$8 for Dead Island is a steal!

#67 aaronandjenni

aaronandjenni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

Just got Dead Island on the 360 for 5.50. Thanks so much OP. The disk is in literally brand new condition. Awesome deal.

#68 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

In for Dead Island x360! Will try to get it later today. By the way, does the new version of Dead Island come with an online pass or any other DLC that I should know about? Or am I good to go with the used version? Also, did anyone who got the glitch price try to get their Unlocked 10% off on top of that?

#69 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

dead island for 5.50 as well. was gonna pick up all 4 but gaming karma got the best of me. 3 left.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#70 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

In for Dead Island x360! Will try to get it later today. By the way, does the new version of Dead Island come with an online pass or any other DLC that I should know about? Or am I good to go with the used version? Also, did anyone who got the glitch price try to get their Unlocked 10% off on top of that?

Only if they're douchebags. But seriously, I really hope not.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#71 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

The Sly Collection is another one that's $19.99 and might ring up for $5.50 after coupon. There's none in my area, so I can't confirm.

#72 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

Only if they're douchebags. But seriously, I really hope not.

the 5.50 only comes up if you scan your gamers unlocked membership card so it already includes the 10% gu discount. douchebag.

now playing:

#73 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Had 2 coupons so I picked up Dead Island and Socom 4. Each rang up for $5.91 with tax.
**** Yeah!!!! :D
Posted Image

#74 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

the 5.50 only comes up if you scan your gamers unlocked membership card so it already includes the 10% gu discount. douchebag.

Thanks.

And lol the the guy before: It's always funny where this board draws the line: it's ok to exploit glitches, but taking an additional 10%, that's just blasphemous. Haha.

#75 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

I know this. Those who are douchebags are the ones who would ask for another 10% off the already lower-than-it's-supposed-to-be price.

Thanks.

And lol the the guy before: It's always funny where this board draws the line: it's ok to exploit glitches, but taking an additional 10%, that's just blasphemous. Haha.

It's not really exploiting a glitch when that's how it's ringing up, and it would have taken significantly longer to get an override for the higher, correct price. In my opinion, anyway.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#76 Believeland

Believeland

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Is there anyway to check if a store has a game preowned online?

#77 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Is there anyway to check if a store has a game preowned online?

Yeah just search on bb.com for the game you want, click on the used copy and select find in store

#78 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Fuck it. im going back for halo reach and another copy of dead island.

now playing:

#79 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

damn i passed by a bestbuy while picking up some craigslist games, should've come in and see if they have some of these games.

#80 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

Does anyone know if copies of Dead Island new contain DLC or online codes missing from used?

#81 Jdevon

Jdevon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

At release Dead Island didn't come with any dlc codes new. I believe the only dlc that came with the game at release was a preorder bonus, you'd have to be pretty lucky to find one with a code for that though.

#82 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

Pick up Dead Island for $5.99. Thanks OP.

#83 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

should i pick up both of the uncharteds at these prices? will i be needing any dlc codes?

#84 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

should i pick up both of the uncharteds at these prices? will i be needing any dlc codes?

The Uncharted Dual pack has been $20 and that includes the GOTY voucher with a bunch of DLC.

#85 djsmf435

djsmf435

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

Can i use the @gamer coupon online? No stores have Dead Island near me, have to ship to store.

#86 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

I got the gamer mag for $5 then got my copy of rage for $5, also got a copy of Dead Rising two off the record for $10. But the guy at BB didn't rip out my coupon so I later used it again to get Dead Island for ps3, which was marked at $34 but I got it for $10 .

#87 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

So let me get this straight... if you use the coupon, but don't have the unlocked gamers account, the games ring up at $10, but if you have an unlocked account, they are glitching to be about $5?

#88 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

The Uncharted Dual pack has been $20 and that includes the GOTY voucher with a bunch of DLC.

No it has not. It only sold for $20 during the 1st week of January at BB and last month from Tigerdirect which sold out very quick. The MSRP has not dropped from $40 but you can occasionally find it on amazon and newegg for $30 now.

Can i use the @gamer coupon online? No stores have Dead Island near me, have to ship to store.

http://www.cheapassg...79&postcount=65

You should pick up Uncharted 1(single player only game so no DLC to worry about) for the $10 at Best Buy and pick up Uncharted 2 Game of the Year edition from newegg for $14.99 (on sale right now which I think it ends either tomorrow or Tuesday).
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879261250
The game of the year edition for Uncharted 2 comes with a ton of DLC.

So let me get this straight... if you use the coupon, but don't have the unlocked gamers account, the games ring up at $10, but if you have an unlocked account, they are glitching to be about $5?

From what I have read so far about other CAGs getting the glitch, that sounds about right.

#89 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

No it has not. It only sold for $20 during the 1st week of January at BB and last month from Tigerdirect which sold out very quick. The MSRP has not dropped from $40 but you can occasionally find it on amazon and newegg for $30 now.

http://www.cheapassg...79&postcount=65

You should pick up Uncharted 1(single player only game so no DLC to worry about) for the $10 at Best Buy and pick up Uncharted 2 Game of the Year edition from newegg for $14.99 (on sale right now which I think it ends either tomorrow or Tuesday).
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879261250
The game of the year edition for Uncharted 2 comes with a ton of DLC.

From what I have read so far about other CAGs getting the glitch, that sounds about right.

Tigerdirect had it on sale once more before that recent one. It was in stock for awhile tho.

Still I wouldnt buy it used from BB in this instance. I would buy UC2 GOTY new cause its been on sale alot too for about the same price.

#90 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

That's why I suggested madcyantist to pick up Uncharted Drake's Fortune at BB for $10, and Uncharted 2 Among Thieves GOTY at newegg brand new for $14.99. Total of $25 which is still pretty good.