Single Character Skylanders Back In Stock @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#31 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

Better figure out which one is your favorite then because TRU has a corporate limit in place of one skylanders item per guest.

God I hope this is true.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#32 spectreon

spectreon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Cynder is showing as available @ $7.99. In fact he seems to be the only one available... I'm caught up to date I think. Dont know if Iridescent Blue Bash is available in store or only the few online

#33 Jose87

Jose87

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Better figure out which one is your favorite then because TRU has a corporate limit in place of one skylanders item per guest.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and managed to get two Skylanders (Hex & Dino-rang) without any problem.

#34 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

ahhh there she is...now that i think about it maybe i should wait til the 3 pack :X

I went ahead and bought it. Knowing life I'll spot the 3pack for $24.99 and it will negate any real savings.
Posted Image

#35 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

There are only 146 available.

Don't wait thegame85, you already know how hard it's going to be to get that 3 pack. You can always give it away or sell it if need be.

EDIT: maybe you should start a new thread spectreon considering how hard this figure is to track down.

EDIT 2: I just did it.

#36 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Cynder is showing as available @ $7.99. In fact he seems to be the only one available... I'm caught up to date I think. Dont know if Iridescent Blue Bash is available in store or only the few online

Fuck yeah, thanks! Saves me a trip to TRU on Wed since thats the only character I was going to try and find

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#37 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Source?

It's a new policy since last Tuesday when I was in the store. Games manager said it was a new corporate policy. There were signs. No, I didn't take any pics. I guess I could upload my receipt for a single 3 pack lol.

#38 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

Thanks just curious. I've steered clear of TRU since the 3/21 signs turned up

#39 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

He needs either of those characters because they are the only two figures currently out that are part of the "Life" element in the game. There are 8 elements total, with 4-6 characters per element and you need at least one of each element to reach every location in the game. The game comes with 3 preselected figures which means you have to buy at least 5 more go go everywhere. It's quite ingenious, and I've fallen victim to it and have every figure released so far except the gold, silver, and blue color variants.

Is there a nice handy checklist somewhere that has release dates? I've got a decent checklist right now, but it doesn't mention which ones are available and which ones are not.

Those of you looking for Cynder (or the next wave's releases) will want to be lined up at Toys 'R Us on Wednesday morning prior to opening. They will definitely have figures out, and rumors are they may have Lightning Rod, Cynder, and Zook in individuals.

Too bad TRU has the highest prices of any stores that sell these. I'm more interested in finding out when K-Mart gets these in stock because they still sell them for $7.99 each.

It's a new policy since last Tuesday when I was in the store. Games manager said it was a new corporate policy. There were signs. No, I didn't take any pics. I guess I could upload my receipt for a single 3 pack lol.

Hmm, I guess our store didn't get the memo because they are definitely not enforcing this policy.

#40 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

There is no current corporate policy in place that limits how many Skylanders someone can purchase. It is up to the individual store as to whether they want to set limits or not.

#41 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

Bought Whirlwind last night for $7.99, "air" was the last element my kid needed after buying the 3DS starter kit at TRU last week for $35, which was worth it b/c he loves platformers and that version of the game is very different, it's like getting a sequel, and we needed "fire" and "life" and I was sick of shopping. And the 3DS portal is hooked up to the PC, he likes the Angry Birds clone game. So he has 11 characters - 3 of which are Spyro: Legendary dark and normal which we call gold, silver and bronze - and 2 games. Should keep him busy until "Giants", when we'll buy him the game and a giant or 2, but that's probably it.

#42 mathyou

mathyou

Fart berries

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

Bump.

Currently they've got Cynder, Whirlwind, and a few others. Note that I bought a Cynder on Sunday, and Amazon wouldnt let me buy one today, citing a limit.

#43 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

So forgive me for not knowing much about this game, but is there a list of all the figures including all the variants? Also, where do these variants come from? Giveaways or just really random throughout stores? I managed to pick up my first ever Skylander yesterday, a Cynder. Now I just need to get the game.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#44 jedifrog21

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

Darn it! Added the available ones to my cart but then at checkout Cynder was unavailable. Oh well at least I got the others to add to the collection

#45 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Some more are back in stock as of 7:20pm 3/20/12

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#46 io

io

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

Some more are back in stock as of 7:20pm 3/20/12

Nice, thanks - just got Whirlwind for my nephew!

#47 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

What do you guys think of Double Trouble? Good character?

I don't need another magic but he seems cool.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#48 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

What do you guys think of Double Trouble? Good character?

I don't need another magic but he seems cool.

We picked him up a couple weeks back. He seems pretty cool, but we have only leveled him up a little so I'm not sure how he turns out fully upgraded.

#49 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

It's only $7.99.... so tempting.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#50 io

io

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

It's only $7.99.... so tempting.

Buy it - especially if you have Amazon gift card credit to burn. While it may not be too hard to find at the moment, it most likely won't be any cheaper. I don't see them running a lot of sales on these things now with the way they sell out all the time. So what I'm saying is you'll more likely regret not buying it than buying it and finding it chaper or something later ;).

#51 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

Buy it - especially if you have Amazon gift card credit to burn. While it may not be too hard to find at the moment, it most likely won't be any cheaper. I don't see them running a lot of sales on these things now with the way they sell out all the time. So what I'm saying is you'll more likely regret not buying it than buying it and finding it chaper or something later ;).

pusher!

went to put chop chop and double trouble in my cart and chop chop sold out.

But I got Double Trouble. Drill Sergeant and Flameslinger still available.

Ees7Y.jpg

#52 io

io

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

pusher!

Hah - that's what my sister-in-law thinks of me too after I got her son hooked on them ;). Maybe I should hang out by schools with an overcoat filled with an assortment of Skylanders and sell them to the kids. Just kidding!!

But at least I'm buying them for her (Whirlwind a few minutes ago and Chop Chop, Flameslinger, and Drill Sargeant off Amazon before that). She doesn't understand how quickly they sell out so if I just told her about them, she wouldn't look for a few hours and they'd be gone. Plus she probably doesn't have Prime. I told her when GS had some 3-packs in stock and she checked into it a few days later and of course they were long gone.

#53 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:57 AM

Is the Legendary 3-Pack at TRU worth getting?

#54 phattyphat69

phattyphat69

Not Orco, dammit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Had Cynder in my cart and was shopping for another character and by the time I picked out Flameslinger, Cynder had gone back OOS. Oh well, I guess I'll settle for Flameslinger and Chop Chop. Only 3 more elements before I have one of each and can start the game.

#55 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

Is the Legendary 3-Pack at TRU worth getting?

They're nothing but skin swaps as far as the game is concerned, so if you need those elements I'd go for it. That said, the starter pack comes with Spyro, and bash isn't that great of a character. That leaves Chop chop, which is fine to pick up out of undead set (but should be somewhat easy to find at ToysRus starting 3/21).

#56 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:20 AM

They're nothing but skin swaps as far as the game is concerned, so if you need those elements I'd go for it. That said, the starter pack comes with Spyro, and bash isn't that great of a character. That leaves Chop chop, which is fine to pick up out of undead set (but should be somewhat easy to find at ToysRus starting 3/21).

Not to be that guy, but isn't that untrue? I believe I read that the legendary characters have different stats compared to their non-legendary counterparts. The chase figures that are painted silver and gold have absolutely no difference in game, but the legendaries look different and I believe they're more powerful too.

#57 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

Not to be that guy, but isn't that untrue? I believe I read that the legendary characters have different stats compared to their non-legendary counterparts. The chase figures that are painted silver and gold have absolutely no difference in game, but the legendaries look different and I believe they're more powerful too.

Meh, I was talking about their attributes within the game, as well as their worth as additional figures.

I can't tell the differences between my regular trigger happy, and the legendary figure. Sure, one is blue, and the other is orange/brown, but their powers are the same, their movements are the same, their upgrade trees are the same, etc. etc.
So, at the end of the day, I wouldn't care to have another bash or another Spyro that looks and plays the same, when I can save my money and buy cool characters like Drobot, and Stealth Elf.

From a 'collect them all' perspective, sure go ahead and spend your money, but I thought his question was more of their true worth (within game). I'm sure he can make a few dollars on Ebay reselling them, but as the game goes, they have no real worth (except maybe a few extra hit points, and a skin swap).

#58 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:33 AM

yeah im gonna have to skip on drill sergeant and double trouble. i went to youtube and checked out their extended trailers and eh. 7.99 is awesome tho especially if you have amazon credit and you could probly sell them for more but nah.
im just waiting til tomorrow when hopefully stores will have cynder, prism break and drobot in stock and then im done ;) til giants...
also chopchop is back in stock i think for those that were looking

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#59 JohnnyBeeGoode

JohnnyBeeGoode

I think Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) is fantastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

Bump.

Currently they've got Cynder, Whirlwind, and a few others. Note that I bought a Cynder on Sunday, and Amazon wouldnt let me buy one today, citing a limit.

And today (this 12:02 AM EST), you can have your very own Cyder (granted, with Amazon Prime) for the low price of.........$32.84.

Thanks for posting earlier, I snagged one for almost $25.00 less than the current price, thanks to this thread! :applause:, OP!
Posted Image

#60 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:13 AM

Someone bought my used prism break for 42 bucks on amazon today. People are crazy! Made buying 5 new 7.99 characters guilt free. Never liked playin prism any way. Was only good as a defensive barrier when being swarmed by enemies in the end levels. I would yell "square!" and my daughter would throw up the ring of prisms and I would stand there and shoot triggers machine gun with unlimited bullets. Good times gaming with my daughter lol

Edited by Toss, 21 March 2012 - 05:34 AM.