Single Character Skylanders Back In Stock @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#91 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

The guys charging $190 for the new three pack can go to hell. I hope each of them gets hit by a bus.

theres so much demand for these stupid little things that I don't blame him. if people are stupid enough to pay it then why not? you guys are paying 8-10 on characters in a game...

#92 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

theres so much demand for these stupid little things that I don't blame him. if people are stupid enough to pay it then why not? you guys are paying 8-10 on characters in a game...

by a BUS I say.
Posted Image

#93 Explicit

Explicit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:04 AM

What version is best to play this on? Wii or PS3?

EDIT: Or is the 3DS version a better route to go?

Edited by Explicit, 22 March 2012 - 02:21 AM.

#94 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

someone wrote a long long explanation in the skylanders thread. basically whatever console you prefer. Then the 3ds as a supplementary platformer experience.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#95 Jose87

Jose87

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

3DS "version" is a separate game, with a heavy emphasis on platforming. The console versions are all the same, and have a heavy emphasis on combat and adventure.

#96 Explicit

Explicit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:54 AM

I'm just curious about all the hype with this game and figured I might jump into it and see whats up

#97 tipio

tipio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

Hoping for something to turn up tomorrow on Amazon. Weird stock influxes on random singles today...

#98 coldstreakd

coldstreakd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:39 AM

I'm just curious about all the hype with this game and figured I might jump into it and see whats up

If you haven't already gotten into it, beware... When I first got it, I thought to myself "I'll just get one of each element (8 total) so I can see all the things this game has to offer." But then I had to have them all. If you have a collecting personality, get ready to spend a lot of money tracking down the old characters. The game is fun and all, but the marketing scheme just kills my wallet.

Hoping for something to turn up tomorrow on Amazon. Weird stock influxes on random singles today...

Me too... I have everything currently available except Zook and Lightning Rod (I was even lucky enough to grab Dragon's Peak at TRU today with a manager override). Hopefully I can pick up those 2 ASAP!

#99 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:22 AM

My store had tons of stuff, but the only one I didn't already have was Hex. I'm not sure if they got in any Dragon's Peak...if they did, it clearly didn't last very long. But on the bright side, my wife finished up her Lalaloopsy collection.

Sunday for Dragons Peak, it's street dated so they couldn't sell it if they wanted to.

Lalaloopsy?!?! I bought one for my daughter for Christmas, I don't get it. You can't even make the doll sit up right, the dolls fat head is just going to make it tip over. I bought her a few outfits but I won't support it anymore than that, I see this toy in the bargain bin in the near future.

#100 coldstreakd

coldstreakd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

Sunday for Dragons Peak, it's street dated so they couldn't sell it if they wanted to.

Lalaloopsy?!?! I bought one for my daughter for Christmas, I don't get it. You can't even make the doll sit up right, the dolls fat head is just going to make it tip over. I bought her a few outfits but I won't support it anymore than that, I see this toy in the bargain bin in the near future.

They CAN sell it, it just requires a manager override, and that manager has to not care about breaking rules lol

#101 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

My cynder just came in today :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#102 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:38 AM

Man I bought Zook, Lightning Rod and Cynder from GS @ $9.99 ea not realizing there was a 3 pack.

#103 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

Man I bought Zook, Lightning Rod and Cynder from GS @ $9.99 ea not realizing there was a 3 pack.

You made the right choice. The three pack is going to fly off the shelves. I think they will be hard to come by.

#104 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

Oh, I thought the Dragon's Peak is what people were trying to get today. This is my first time taking interest in the figures since getting Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant, so I'm trying to get caught up to speed.

As for Lalaloopsy...I actually think some of them are kinda neat-looking. I think I would probably want these for myself if I was a girl. My wife's dolls don't have a problem sitting on their own; maybe your daughter's doll's head is too wobbly. Or not wobbly enough. *shrug* I personally would like to see these in bargain bins, but I don't think it's happening anytime soon. These suckers are flying off the shelves all over the country and they're an assload of money if you have to buy them secondhand. eBay/Amazon prices are pretty comparable to Skylanders right now and they keep getting more popular. There's bedsheets, clothes, costumes, a video game, a movie, playsets, a kid-sized playhouse, and an obscene amount of dolls.

They are at risk of flooding the market with too much stuff, but they're starting to pull back a little bit now. These are by the same company that makes Bratz and Moxie Girls, both of which are still doing relatively well, so they seem to have a handle on things. One major thing going for them is that they actually make what the fans want (and they have super helpful customer service). Over the last few months, they've incorporated a lot of things into the dolls that people have been asking for on Facebook. And wow, I know way too much about this stuff. I bought a ton of these things for my wife for Christmas (which involved a lot of research/hunting), so I think I probably know more about them than she does. I hope my son never sees this when he's older.

#105 Mr. bubble

Mr. bubble

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

Empire of Ice is in-stock at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...32407326&sr=1-5

#106 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

Oh man, thanks for the head's up. I could never find this in store.

#107 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

Picked up Empire of Ice from amazon :)

#108 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

Thanks, picked up all 3 adventure packs.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#109 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

Thanks for the heads up on Empire of Ice! :)

#110 The 2nd Coming

The 2nd Coming

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

Awesome, darklight and pirate seas are both still I'm stock on amazon

#111 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Wow the empire of ice went fast,lol.

#112 primalcarnage

primalcarnage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

Was able to get the Pirates and Darklight Adventure packs, the other was OOS....maybe next time

#113 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

I've copied pasted this from my post in the forums, so I apologize in advance, but I get the feeling a lot of people don't read in the forum, and it's more relevant here anyway:
I ordered Whirlwind Sunday night and every morning this week - starting Monday - it said "Shipping Soon". I emailed Amazon Thursday morning and got a real quick - in like 5 minutes - reply saying Whirlwind was back-ordered but she upgraded me to 2 day shipping and we would have it Monday. Only it is back-ordered and they don't know when they are getting them in. It said "Not yet Shipped" for about and hour and then went back to "shipping soon". So either we're getting it Monday, or we aren't. Stupid Amazon, don't sell me stuff that's back-ordered and tell me it's "Shipping soon" for 3 days.
BTW - does anybody here know what "shipping soon" means on Amazon time wise? I think Amazon should poll people, I'm guessing 24 hours is "soon", anything more than that isn't "soon", it's "shipping in the next few days". Or in my case "not" shipping.

#114 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

I've copied pasted this from my post in the forums, so I apologize in advance, but I get the feeling a lot of people don't read in the forum, and it's more relevant here anyway:
I ordered Whirlwind Sunday night and every morning this week - starting Monday - it said "Shipping Soon". I emailed Amazon Thursday morning and got a real quick - in like 5 minutes - reply saying Whirlwind was back-ordered but she upgraded me to 2 day shipping and we would have it Monday. Only it is back-ordered and they don't know when they are getting them in. It said "Not yet Shipped" for about and hour and then went back to "shipping soon". So either we're getting it Monday, or we aren't. Stupid Amazon, don't sell me stuff that's back-ordered and tell me it's "Shipping soon" for 3 days.
BTW - does anybody here know what "shipping soon" means on Amazon time wise? I think Amazon should poll people, I'm guessing 24 hours is "soon", anything more than that isn't "soon", it's "shipping in the next few days". Or in my case "not" shipping.

I ordered Cynder on Monday....it said "Shipping Soon" since then and shipped at 1AM last night.

I ordered a bunch of singles that came in stock yesterday they also shipped at 1AM.

Ordered a 3-pack yesterday, still says shipping soon.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#115 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

I ordered Cynder on Monday....it said "Shipping Soon" since then and shipped at 1AM last night.

I ordered a bunch of singles that came in stock yesterday they also shipped at 1AM.

Don't really know what's going on with Amazon shipping, but they've been doing this as well with my orders.
On top of it, I've been getting snail mail rates, when I paid for Prime shipping.

#116 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

I also ordered Cynder on Monday, but it is still in Shipping Soon as well. I ordered it also with a couple things and since then they have regrouped the items twice, authenticated the card twice in two different amounts (not charged though). I really don't know what they are up to on it.

#117 Pig

Pig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

Most of these said restocking on 3/22-3/24 when they were going OOS yesterday. At least amazon offers the backordered purchase to guarantee you one. TRU will let you get all the way to place the order and dump you to a generic screen and wont tell you what happened. This is probably the most customer friendly way to handle the day late/dollar short scenarios.

I got in for the crypt and pirate packs today. Got some of the older figures from a B&M store yesterday since my son is just getting into it. In the last week I've spent $150 getting the starter, two adventure packs, 2 singles, and two 3 packs.

#118 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Picked up the whirlwind 3 pack today because I just got into this and it's the only time I've seen a 3 pack instore
Edit: thought I posted in the general gaming thread...oops

Edited by shadowkast, 22 March 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#119 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Grabbed the starter pack and then 3 more figures from Amazon; still need a Skylander for Earth and for Life in order to have one from each class/element.

Once I have a figure to represent each element, I refuse to buy any more of them. So far my total "investment" is still under $60.

#120 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Grabbed the starter pack and then 3 more figures from Amazon; still need a Skylander for Earth and for Life in order to have one from each class/element.

Once I have a figure to represent each element, I refuse to buy any more of them. So far my total "investment" is still under $60.

Stump Smash is easy enough to find and that dude has some POWER.

Thanks for the heads up in this thread about the adventure packs, I almost spent $25ish for a Darklight Crypt but was able to find it on Amazon for $20.
Posted Image