The Humble Botanicula Debut - 4/26 non-game bonuses added

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#61 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

Love that Humble Bundle. Here's my experience with the games on a Transformer Prime.

Swords & Soldiers - Very clever take on the RTS genre. Artwork is colorful and the movement is smooth. Loses some sharpness due to being blown up on the tablet. Did not work initially but did so after a restart.

Canabalt - I always dislike playing 2D sidescrollers on mobile devices and LCD/LED screens because I find that the response times of the display cause the game to become a big blurry mess. Luckily I can do HDMI out to a CRT TV and just tap away at the tablet's screen. Very fun game in the "runner" genre and easily has the best art style but it's a one-trick pony.

Zen Bound 2 - Best game in the bunch. I never realized that tying knots around a statue of a bird could be so fun. Looks great on the tablet and runs very smoothly.

Cogs - Already had this on PC, and is still a very intriguing puzzle game.

Avadon - Doesn't work.

Like the last bundle, I hope they add a game or two to the mix.

#62 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Snuggle Truck for Mac, Windows, Linux, and Android is now included. It should show automatically on Steam. If not just wait awhile or relaunch the client.

#63 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

Awesome. Showed up after a restart.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#64 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hmmm, really want snuggle truck so I might finally bite.

#65 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Snuggle Truck is the formally racist Mexican smuggling game correct?
sudo mklove

#66 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Snuggle Truck is the formally racist Mexican smuggling game correct?

I can confirm that it's the game that used to be about smuggling people across the Mexican border but I haven't read anything specific about the game's previous incarnation so I can't comment on whether or not it was racist.

#67 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

When I checked the humble app on my tablet there are two new game entry's. Snuggle truck and Smuggle truck. One has you carrying stuffed animals in a truck and the other has you carrying people.

#68 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

When I checked the humble app on my tablet there are two new game entry's. Snuggle truck and Smuggle truck. One has you carrying stuffed animals in a truck and the other has you carrying people.

Well, supposedly Smuggle Truck was rejected by the app store because it might be offensive. That suggests they had a finished game. Without anyone to answer to I suppose they put it up here.

#69 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

I just realized that both versions are there in the app. (I auto-glazed over it thinking that one was the mobile version and the other the tablet version)
sudo mklove

#70 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

Yup, Android gets Smuggle (unedited) and Snuggle (edited) Truck.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#71 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

While I never have seen Smuggle Truck in play, I'd have to reserve judgment until then to say whether or not it could be "racist." Ignorant? Possibly, but let's face it, people are smuggled across borders all over the world all the time, so the concept itself isn't racist. Now if within the game they are perpetrating stereotypes, that's another thing.

Edit:

just saw gameplay videos for both version, don't see anything racist in either..

Edited by CheapLikeAFox, 26 March 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#72 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

After now having played it for a bit; it's completely innocuous.

It sounds like Apple being Apple and not wanting to possibly maybe offend people meanwhile tons of disgusting clones/scams make it right on through the approval process.

I'm kinda more disappointed that the developer decided to compromise their vision, even if it's a dumb one, in order to make app store money rather than telling Apple to shove it. *shrug*
sudo mklove

#73 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

Before this sort of talk gets out of hand you can read the developers own words here: http://smuggletruck.com/ (background is down towards the bottom of the page under story)

Basically though in a nutshell the he made the game after a friend of his recounted all the difficulties he had to go through to get into the US. It was intended to raise awareness through satire, though I can see how big stores like iTunes and Steam might want to shy away from such a topic that could potentially be construed as offensive.

There's even a quote from George Lopez on the main smuggletruck.com saying "Why didn't I think of that?". :-P

#74 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

I didn't care about this bundle...until Snuggle Truck got added. Now I think I have to get it.

#75 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

I played the original Smuggle version at PAX last year, it was finished and just waiting for approval which it didnt get from Apple. the devs were really cool and down to earth guys. Its really fun

#76 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

I've played through all the Easy courses of Snuggle Truck. Very Trials HD vibe, which is certainly not a bad thing. :D

#77 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

For potential buyers: Snuggle Truck has 360 controller support but only during gameplay as you have to use your mouse to manipulate the menus.

Edited by M_F_A_H, 27 March 2012 - 12:01 AM.

MARS

#78 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Humble Bundle delivers again. Though I wonder if the buyers will raise hell once Humble Bundle offers a bundle doesn't add a game after the fact.

#79 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

I doubt they would do that, seems like a nice theme they have going. So far i am enjoying the humble bundle but a lot of the games are real literal pc ports and not optimized for widescreen, which is what 99% of android devices are. Ontop of that, the zen game still has not updated and does not work at all on my rezound.

#80 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Humble Bundle delivers again. Though I wonder if the buyers will raise hell once Humble Bundle offers a bundle doesn't add a game after the fact.

I think we'll see the apocalypse arrive before that happens.

#81 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

I bought the bundle on day one, but I'm thinking about picking up a second copy. Do I need to beat the average at this point to get Snuggle Truck?

#82 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

I bought the bundle on day one, but I'm thinking about picking up a second copy. Do I need to beat the average at this point to get Snuggle Truck?

The game is part of the regular Steam bundle key so I imagine the direct download and Android copies are also available for any purchase amount.

#83 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

The game is part of the regular Steam bundle key so I imagine the direct download and Android copies are also available for any purchase amount.

This is the truth. Snuggle truck has been getting the most play out of me since the bundle came out. It's great.

#84 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

We're in the final 24 hours. I know there are always some people who come in right after the end saying they missed it, so here's a reminder.

#85 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

The Humble Botanicula Debut
just went live.

Botanicula
Samorost 2
Machinarium.

Beat the average and get:
full-length feature film Kooky
and Vectorpark's puzzle-art game Windosill!

Average is currently $7.41

#86 NoOne5353

NoOne5353

Lording in DOTA 2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

Going to pass. Already have samorost 2 and machinarium. Plus it says you will only get steam keys if you pay more than 5 bucks.

#87 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

Going to pass. Already have samorost 2 and machinarium. Plus it says you will only get steam keys if you pay more than 5 bucks.

Yeah I'm going to hold off on this. Maybe if they add something else later.

#88 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

The Humble Botanicula Debut
just went live.

Botanicula
Samorost 2
Machinarium.

Beat the average and get:
full-length feature film Kooky
and Vectorpark's puzzle-art game Windosill!

Average is currently $7.41

It says Steam keys only at $5 or up now. Is that new? Also average just jumped to $8.71. I don't want Windowsill that bad. :-P

*edit: Others beat me to it. Man these bundles have been creeping up in price lately. Still a deal just not nearly as good of one.

#89 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

WTF? No steam keys? What?!?!

So disappointed. I look forward to this bundle quite abit. The steam keys thing sucks.

Edited by sleeping_lights_on, 19 April 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#90 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

WTF? No steam keys? What?!?!

There are Steam keys but you have to pay $5 or more to get them.

I'm curious to see how well this one sells given that new stipulation. I'm also betting a fair bit of people will just buy without reading the fine print first.