GameFly March 2012 Sale - Under $15 Blowout

• Please log in to reply
480 replies to this topic

#421 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

I was thinking the same thing about the trial and buy since we do not know if it will restock. Reviews say that its an amazing game. :applause:

Top 3 of last year, and a debatable number 1 contender for the title of GOTY.

#422 GlassDarkly

GlassDarkly

The Boney King of Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

I'm bummed LA Noire and Portal 2 never came back in stock for PS3 (that I know of). Lame that they were sold out even before I got an email from Gamefly notifying me of the sale.

Since Shadows of the Damned has been mentioned, I liked it, but twice had a pretty big bug that one time totally stopped my progression.

There are some enemies whose death triggers the opening of doors. Fairly late in the game, I killed the enemy, but the door remained closed. I could walk into the invisible wall where his body was.

Reloading the checkpoint resulted in the same problem. Nothing I tried would make it so his death triggered the door opening. There was always the same invisible remnant.

My only option was to restart the game, but I was close to the end. So I didn't ever beat it. Glad I only rented it. I'd be more upset if I plunked down full price (or even $20) only to have my progression stopped.

#423 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

Anyone get discs that weren't chipped?

My copy of Dark Souls has some significant scratches, but no chips. And it seems to play fine.

#424 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Just grabbed Portal 2 for Xbox. In stock now for $12.99, free shipping!

#425 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

Portal 2 for PS3 is also in stock for $12.99, free shipping!

#426 robodaddyo

robodaddyo

is not a scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

I'm bummed LA Noire and Portal 2 never came back in stock for PS3 (that I know of). Lame that they were sold out even before I got an email from Gamefly notifying me of the sale.

They've been in and out of stock. I ordered L.A. Noire on Saturday and saw Portal 2 come back in stock at least twice. Someone posted above me that it is in stock now.

"...I normally open every game I buy anymore...", "...since I ONLY usually...", "...because it's wasn't fun...", "Pretty much sure it does...", "Works always gets in...", "...I acually spelled the my user...", "this will help let more people see it as this more people see...", "You very probably won't...", "...wouldnt have good sales less often due to less competition."

Please, stop butchering the English language. These are horrible.

#427 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

I picked up Deus Ex, and Portal 2!

#428 XzMrHitDatHoezX

XzMrHitDatHoezX

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

Damn you gamefly I received xmen destiny with some chips on the outer edge and it halted my progress so I can not even beat stage 5.I was so getting into it too but I'm returning it and buying it again

#429 EasyEducator

EasyEducator

The Easy Educator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Finally managed to grab a Portal 2. Thanks for the heads up on the restock!
Posted Image

#430 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

Those of you getting bad discs, which warehouse is it sent out from? I get my games from the Pittsburgh, PA facility. Games arrive at my home always in 2-3 days after I order. I always get like new case and manuals with un-used online passes if the game has them. I only order PS3 games and they all range from great to like new condition after I wipe off the dust and fingerprints. My only gripe is I do sometimes get discs with chipped off parts near the edge like others have mentioned but I have only noticed this starting from last year. I have ordered used games from gamefly since 2008 and never experienced seeing part of the disc's edge chipped off before.

I think I've received mine from Pittsburgh and eastern California if I remember right. My Bayonetta disc from awhile back was acting real funny. Chips and scratches, but fortunately I was able to beat it, and it can go back into the collection now.

#431 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

LA Noire for 360 back in stock

Only other I was interested in getting and I grabbed myself a copy

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#432 mickleohb

mickleohb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

Snagged Portal 2, awesome!

#433 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

chipped discs FTL
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#434 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Picked up Portal 2 and Crysis 2! :D
Anyone ever try Crysis2 on console? How does it compare with the PC version? My requirements for my laptop were a bit low so I decided to snag it for PS3.

#435 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

Picked up Portal 2 and Crysis 2! :D
Anyone ever try Crysis2 on console? How does it compare with the PC version? My requirements for my laptop were a bit low so I decided to snag it for PS3.

Not even comparable if you ask me, and I'm a Sony fanboy.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#436 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

You mean graphics wise?
I just thought I'd get it since 10 bucks is the cheapest I've seen it and it's not available on Steam
nor is it as cheap on Origin which I don't use.
Damn should've thought this through before buying. Is there anyway to cancel my order or get a refund?

Edited by redmangoose, 26 March 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#437 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Since Shadows of the Damned has been mentioned, I liked it, but twice had a pretty big bug that one time totally stopped my progression.

There are some enemies whose death triggers the opening of doors. Fairly late in the game, I killed the enemy, but the door remained closed. I could walk into the invisible wall where his body was.

Reloading the checkpoint resulted in the same problem. Nothing I tried would make it so his death triggered the door opening. There was always the same invisible remnant.

My only option was to restart the game, but I was close to the end. So I didn't ever beat it. Glad I only rented it. I'd be more upset if I plunked down full price (or even $20) only to have my progression stopped.

I thought there was an option to restart the last checkpoint and one to restart the current level. I could be wrong, but I swear I saw that on the pause screen

#438 dave auto

dave auto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Happy to report that the copy of Portal 2 (PS3) that I ordered late last Monday night has arrived chip-free, complete with an unused code for the Steam version. This is the Gamefly I know and love, unlike the copy of Catherine (360) I got during last month's sale, which came in the worst condition I've ever seen from Gamefly: lots of minor surface scratches, and two or three tiny nicks along the edge.

I mean, it was still worlds better than the sort of condition you get from GameStop... just not quite what I've come to expect from Gamefly.

#439 cirodot

cirodot

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

I got my copies of Dark Souls(ps3) & Alice(360) today, I think they may have actually beat Amazon for fast shipping.

DS is in very good condition with 2 or 3 minor edge chips, so overall I'm happy about that. Unfortunately Alice is significantly scratched up (no chips, though), it did install to 100% so I don't know if I should see if I can swap it for another copy or just have it resurfaced at a local place for a couple dollars.

#440 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

Just got my copy of Driver for the 360 but with a twist. The game came in a Dark Souls case. I haven't touched the game yet but is their a online pass in the Driver case that I need to play online for the 360? If so, I guess I'm gonna have to contact Gamefly then. This is the first time since Gamefly did these sales that I actually have something to complain about. To be honest, I really don't care about the cases except if I need a online pass which I have to act on then.

#441 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

Just got my copy of Driver for the 360 but with a twist. The game came in a Dark Souls case. I haven't touched the game yet but is their a online pass in the Driver case that I need to play online for the 360? If so, I guess I'm gonna have to contact Gamefly then. This is the first time since Gamefly did these sales that I actually have something to complain about. To be honest, I really don't care about the cases except if I need a online pass which I have to act on then.

Yes, there is an online pass, but there was a problem with it when the game released so Ubisoft made it free. I'm not sure if it's still free, but just check it out on XBL to see if it is.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#442 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

Yes, there is an online pass, but there was a problem with it when the game released so Ubisoft made it free. I'm not sure if it's still free, but just check it out on XBL to see if it is.

Well, I'll see if that free pass is still enable when I check out the game later on. Thanks!

#443 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

Portal 2 is back in stock for :ps3: if anyone hasn't noticed yet.

#444 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

Posted ImageL.A. Noire
Posted ImageCrysis 2
Posted ImageAssassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Posted ImageDriver: San Francisco

^back in stock

Posted ImageFable III $12.99 free shipping (not part of gamefly sale)

#445 wordmachine

wordmachine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

My copy of AC: Brotherhood showed up today, but my 360 won't recognize the disc. There are a few small scratches and a couple of chipped parts along the edge. First time I've ever received a disc in this sort of condition from Gamefly.

#446 brettsp

brettsp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

Looks like it's out of stock again

#447 TheThoughtlessOne

TheThoughtlessOne

Blame Jon Irenicus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

My AC copy is doing the same thing when I try to install it, I've sent an email, but have yet to here a response.

#448 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

Thank you! Was finally able to get one for my friend so we could play co-op.

#449 wordmachine

wordmachine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

My AC copy is doing the same thing when I try to install it, I've sent an email, but have yet to here a response.

They were pretty quick to respond. I've already got an RMA label to send it back. Unfortunately they don't do 1-to-1 exchanges. Sucks.

#450 howlinmad

howlinmad

Harmful if swallowed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

Off topic I guess, but what has been the lowest price for Dark Souls for 360 at Gamefly to date? Keep thinking about it but I know as soon as I pull the trigger it will be 10 bucks.
Now playing
- Anything that strikes me as fun at the time.

My crap for trade