• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

Was wondering that too..

#93 Goomba Stomper

Goomba Stomper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

I have a blockbuster about 5 mins from me can I just sign up for this 2 month trial online and just pick up 3 movies/games with a member number or is just for exchanging?

#94 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

What's the deal with no game having a status under "Availability"?

That just changed last night. Before that they did have the status in that column. Don't know what changed.

Also a question....
Does blockbuster handle returns the same way netflix does in that they see you have started the return process via the USPS and they send out the next title immediately or do they wait until they receive the returned title before sending out the next one.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#95 Rsllxs

Rsllxs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

Just got Shadows of the Damned in the mail today, it's actually not scratched and in pretty good condition. The shipping time was pretty fast as well took 2 days to get here.

#96 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

dont know but i read somewhere else games arent available during certain promotions, but i also read here some people have had games shipped to them. im having the same problem, all my games say nothing about availability, gave up and just added some movies.

#97 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:02 AM

Yup, i got Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, but all my games in my queue are blank for availability now. They werent like that when i added them a few days ago. I can still add games to my queue though.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#98 howard

howard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:07 AM

That just changed last night. Before that they did have the status in that column. Don't know what changed.

Also a question....
Does blockbuster handle returns the same way netflix does in that they see you have started the return process via the USPS and they send out the next title immediately or do they wait until they receive the returned title before sending out the next one.

I didn't know Netflix actually did that, but I've always been a next-day-each-way person so it wouldn't matter. Blockbuster does not, but if you have a Blockbuster near you and you don't want to do the in-store exchange, you can have the rentals "checked in" at the store. It immediately frees up a queue slot, and in theory you should have a new disc sent to you the next day. It doesn't always happen because Blockbuster has terrible title availability.

You should take the online rentals in store and have them scanned in. It takes seconds. Don't just put them in the dropbox. Otherwise they don't bother to scan those in and just make a post office drop once a week even though the mail comes daily. I used to do that because almost everything I rented from Blockbuster Online is not carried in stores and I get new movies from my library.

#99 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:11 AM

I mainly want to rent Asura's Wrath and possibly Driver again. Maybe their some movies on that list as well.

#100 nypickle

nypickle

Orange and Blue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

I mainly want to rent Asura's Wrath and possibly Driver again. Maybe their some movies on that list as well.

In case you didn't know, Asura's Wrath won't be available to rent until June 5th.

#101 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:03 AM

Also a question....

Yes they do

#102 bombfirst885

bombfirst885

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

I'm sure this has been asked already, but is there an in store pickup option? Or is this strictly online.

#103 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

There's a blockbuster KINDA near me, it's at least close to my gym, so I can go before I work out. I'm assuming the in-store exchange is probably only on movies and not games.

The service looks worse than it did a few years ago when I was using it. No free streaming is lame, but I already have netflix, so whatever.

What annoys me is SOME movie titles will say "Add to Queue" or whatever, and I'll add them, then go to the Queue and they'll say "Unavailable." WTF?! If it's unavailable, they should remove the "Add" button, or remove the whole entry.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#104 JoeyIA

JoeyIA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

You can exchange games in-store.

My Queue isn't even showing availability. The column is there but none of the games have anything listed.

#105 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

You can exchange games in-store.

My Queue isn't even showing availability. The column is there but none of the games have anything listed.

You can exchange in-store, true, but there are restrictions. You can only exchange a game you've rented online for a 99 cent in-store game (as opposed to the newer, $2 and $3 games).

#106 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

Here's a decent bonus I just was told from a csr after canceling: I have 30 days to return the games I have from date of cancelation. Gives me time to beat the ones I have before returning.

#107 nypickle

nypickle

Orange and Blue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Here's a decent bonus I just was told from a csr after canceling: I have 30 days to return the games I have from date of cancelation. Gives me time to beat the ones I have before returning.

I would be careful of what someone says on the phone to you versus what is written on the website so they don't charge you for it.

As stated in the terms and conditions of your Blockbuster By Mail subscription, all outstanding rentals must be received by Blockbuster no later than ten (10) days after your inactivation date.

#108 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

It was via email but that's a good point.

#109 bombfirst885

bombfirst885

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

You can exchange in-store, true, but there are restrictions. You can only exchange a game you've rented online for a 99 cent in-store game (as opposed to the newer, $2 and $3 games).

Since when did they start charging 3 dollars a game? Last time I rented from Blockbuster I paid over 8 dollars.

#110 MadGeniusDude

MadGeniusDude

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Ordered 3 games on 3/22/2012. All of the 3 games arrived today. One game arrived damaged.

#111 Kromis

Kromis

Für das Vaterland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

It was via email but that's a good point.

Actually the last time I had a blockbuster subscription was around January and I can confirm that this is the case. You essentially have an extra 30 days to finish your game after you cancel. They'll send you an email and tell you when is the last day for you to return it without being charged.

#112 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

I didn't know Netflix actually did that, but I've always been a next-day-each-way person so it wouldn't matter. Blockbuster does not, but if you have a Blockbuster near you and you don't want to do the in-store exchange, you can have the rentals "checked in" at the store. It immediately frees up a queue slot, and in theory you should have a new disc sent to you the next day. It doesn't always happen because Blockbuster has terrible title availability.

You should take the online rentals in store and have them scanned in. It takes seconds. Don't just put them in the dropbox. Otherwise they don't bother to scan those in and just make a post office drop once a week even though the mail comes daily. I used to do that because almost everything I rented from Blockbuster Online is not carried in stores and I get new movies from my library.

Unfortunately all the blockbusters in my city went out of business so I don't have that option.

Just got my question answered though. I sent a movie back yesterday and the next one shipped out today. Damn fast.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#113 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

Actually the last time I had a blockbuster subscription was around January and I can confirm that this is the case. You essentially have an extra 30 days to finish your game after you cancel. They'll send you an email and tell you when is the last day for you to return it without being charged.

Yep, this was the case when my local BB closed up and we signed up for multiple "free trials" after being encouraged by the employees. The promo was that you got to keep any 2 used movies off the shelf - including blu's in addition to the free 30 day trial.

Upon cancelling, I promptly returned 1 game exactly 25 days after my membership was closed without any problems.

#114 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Unfortunately all the blockbusters in my city went out of business so I don't have that option.

Just got my question answered though. I sent a movie back yesterday and the next one shipped out today. Damn fast.

called fast return.. most places have this.. now getting the movie to you will take 2 to 4 days though..

still even with fast return only 1 package per week.

12 movies for 20 is way too much
WOOOO I STINK

#115 MadGeniusDude

MadGeniusDude

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

I am going to take advantage of this deal. Games shipped yesterday and got my games today. I have been wanting to play Kirby return to dreamland, hopefully it become available soon.

#116 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

In case you didn't know, Asura's Wrath won't be available to rent until June 5th.

Thanks man. I just noticed that. I can rent games in store as well right? I'm going to hit them up before I head to work tomorrow. They're right around the corner.

Edit: Asura's Wrath is in stock. Definitely picking that one up tomorrow. This will be a great deal for my girlfriend and I since we love playing games and watching movies. There's three Blockbuster locations around us. Thanks again OP!:applause:

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#117 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

So I can't rent a game without having one to turn in? That's lame. I'm going to check, and see what they say.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#118 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

wonder why you cant rent DS games you can in the store
WOOOO I STINK

#119 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

cool finally got big bang theory disc 1 after a day late and it has a big crack in it, like half the disc is snapped. Sucks.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#120 krushin

krushin

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

Deal is alive just did it. It's two small dots at the bottom left page all the way at the bottom.

So there's no way to rent new releases in stores?

Edited by krushin, 24 March 2012 - 07:41 PM.