*** DEAD *** 20% Off iTunes Codes at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 gr8asianman

gr8asianman

◕‿‿◕

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

Thanks op in for a couple $100's. There are a couple apps I've been wanting and I've been buying a significant amount of digital comics lately.

fs_overall.png

sig.gif

#32 hockey0707

hockey0707

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

Thanks OP picked up a $100 card.

#33 Ervgotti85

Ervgotti85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

Thanks op bought a $25 and a $15.

#34 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

Thanks op in for a couple $100's. There are a couple apps I've been wanting and I've been buying a significant amount of digital comics lately.

How are the Marvel and DC apps? And do you prefer reading them on the iPad over the print version? I've been wanting to get back into the comic book game and this seems like a good way.

#35 Bii

Bii

*does the robot*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

How are the Marvel and DC apps? And do you prefer reading them on the iPad over the print version? I've been wanting to get back into the comic book game and this seems like a good way.

Speaking on behalf of myself (:P), I use Comixology. It has Marvel and DC comics in addition to other publishing houses. I just switched to digital with my acquisition of the new iPad. I've only begun to read comics last fall and have accumulated a lot of printed trades. My reason to go digital was to save on space but so far, I think I've gotten more out of it. I really enjoy reading it on the new iPad. As a matter of fact, I think it looks better on the iPad. Of course, if you prefer the feel of paper and flipping through the pages, print is where it's at. If you don't care for those two things, then you can't go wrong with digital.

Also, Comixology just had an update today adding retina display support for the most recent comics. I reread issue #7 of Wolverine and the X-Men and noticed visual improvements from when I read it just the other day. And the comics still looked phenomenal before the update.

Thanks to this thread, I picked up a $100 iTunes code. I'm debating whether or not I should get another one.

#36 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

Is Comixology officially supported by Marvel and DC? If I buy a Marvel or DC comic from their apps, can I read them through Comixology's app?

#37 gr8asianman

gr8asianman

◕‿‿◕

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

I use the Comixology, Dark Horse and Archie apps and find it much nicer than reading the print versions, though I do occasionally miss the tactile sense of flipping pages. Most of my downloads are through comixology and I like the fact that I can access my comic through my Mac, iPhone or iPad. There are constant sales and the sheer convenience of not having to travel to the comic book shop or dig through a longbox are what I find convenient. I must say that I can't think of a single comic I've read through my iPhone 4 or iPad that hasn't looked great through the retina display.

fs_overall.png

sig.gif

#38 starscream615

starscream615

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:48 AM

Thanks op. Deal is dead now but not before I scored 2 $100 codes.

#39 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

In for a $25 card.

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#40 pjarvi

pjarvi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

i'm not seeing any discount

#41 FishyJoe

FishyJoe

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

i'm not seeing any discount

same, I'm always too late on these things.

#42 Qwinn3

Qwinn3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

Yup, desk must be dead now. Damn.

#43 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

DOH!! Missed it, just when I was starting to drink the damn Apple koolaid. :hot:

#44 Kevfactor

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

I just dl my music off youtube lol =p

#45 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

Wow, can't believe I forgot to/didn't visit CAG yesterday. Totally missed this...bummer there was no tweet pushed to my phone, like I usually get for game deals.

#46 gryphter

gryphter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

dang it. I was waiting for some RZ points to clear so I could apply them to a $50 gift card

#47 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

Don't worry for those who missed out. I believe Best Buy does this every month or two.

#48 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

It might still be alive at Office Max.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=317808