Alright, Michael Bay has gone too far.

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

I pretty much gave up on TMNT once I saw an image from "The Next Mutation" of a female ninja turtle with a rack. Gave me the creeps.

Alien turtles doesn't sound so good. I get this creepy feeling they will be from the same planet that gave us Howard the Duck.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#32 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

I know the Transformers movies aren't perfect, but I'm never sure what exactly people expected when they go on rants about how they hated them.

For me, I expected to actually see the Transformers when they fought. Not just flailing metal parts. I feel bad for anybody that watched that on a 120Hz TV. That shit would have killed an epileptic.

#33 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

I paid to see the first Transformers in theaters -- I hated it, but still got suckered in by my hopes for the sequel. Ever since then, I've sworn off anything Michael Bay has any part in. The death of his career can't come swiftly enough.
Posted Image

#34 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:57 AM

I paid to see the first Transformers in theaters -- I hated it, but still got suckered in by my hopes for the sequel. Ever since then, I've sworn off anything Michael Bay has any part in. The death of his career can't come swiftly enough.

bay and shamylan both need to ride off into the sunset. seriously how do you Fuck up an avatar movie? the damn thing writes itself not to mention he could have just followed the cartoon.

#35 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

Good thing I don't give a Splinter's ass about Micheal Bay movies.
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#36 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

For me, I expected to actually see the Transformers when they fought. Not just flailing metal parts. I feel bad for anybody that watched that on a 120Hz TV. That shit would have killed an epileptic.

I don't know wtf was up with all the hand to hand fighting anyway, there was very little of that in the show. Highly advanced sentient robots from another world, and most of fights end up with them punching each other, wtf.....
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#37 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

less humans and randomn t&A and more focus on the robots. also no stupid robot humor and robots using stupid slang terms and and definitely no racial stereotype robots. and no robots with big balls and no robots pissing.

nobody expected oscar worthy material but the transformers films are fucking stupid. how the Fuck can giant robots with weapons that could easily demolish the earth not be able to kill one or 2 particular humans? these movies dont require you to suspend belief they expect you to be retarded.

tits, ass , lame jokes and tons of explosions with no substance.thats all his movies are about and when it comes to some things it just doesnt cut it. the guy is stuck in the 90s.

:applause:

I don't know wtf was up with all the hand to hand fighting anyway, there was very little of that in the show. Highly advanced sentient robots from another world, and most of fights end up with them punching each other, wtf.....

:lol::applause:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#38 epobirs

epobirs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

You know, IIRC the original concept for the turtles was dark, like Batman dark. The only thing we grew up with was the cartoon show/comics and while the first movie was slightly dark (and obviously my favorite for that reason), it was still wacky enough to be a kids movie. If anything, this is an opportunity to actually get closer to the source material and. . .yeah, it's Michael Bay.

Never-fucking-mind.

The Turtles were originally created as a satire of Frank Miller's work, which was becoming hugely popular at the time but still obscure outside comics geekdom. (This was before The Dark Knight Returns) The Turtles were ninjas because Miller had almost single-handedly made ninjas a big thing. A few years earlier most people had never heard the word and even some Asian movies were dubbed in such a way that characters who were plainly ninjas were never referred to as such. And they weren't big in Japanese culture, as they were historically regarded as scum. Hired hands with no loyalty to anyone in a culture that took loyalties very seriously.

The cartoons lost all of that because it meant nothing to eight year olds and instead cranked up the cute. It made the creator super rich so they could marry Penthouse Pets and indulge all kinds of expensive whims.

If you can find it, there was another really good series of Frank Miller parodies that crossed over with the Turtles. This was the GnatRat by Mark Martin, a character who veered from being a Daredevil parody to being a Batman parody and others along the way.

It tends to be very inside baseball, with a fair chunk of the material meaningless to anyone who wasn't a comics geek at the time and following the various industry battles and scandals.

Another comic that originally had a lot of great parodies was Cerebus by Dave Sim. It was great stuff for about the first 100 issues but became incredibly dull and pedantic as Sim decided to crank up the DEPTH setting way past the factory recommended limits. This went on for another 200 issues, where the series ended as he'd announced it would almost twenty years earlier.

Cerebus had a character who was perpetually becoming different super-heroes, all with some sort of cockroach theme while also being Moon Knight, Spider-man, etc., because he was simply insane but also a huge frightening thug who was easily manipulated by, well, almost anybody.
If I thought I needed to get out in the sunshine I'd play Boktai.

#39 epobirs

epobirs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

That had more to do with the Bureau of Standards & Practices than the concept of the show. The censors constantly made it difficult to tell a believable story in which any kind of combat was involved.

Joe Straczynski has a bunch of great stories from his days working on shows like Ghostbusters, GI Joe, Superman, etc.

On one episode the script had dialogue referencing the Necronomicon, a lengendary book of forbidden knowledge created by H.P. Lovecraft for some of his stories. The BS&P said it couldn't be mentioned because kids would look it up and get all devil worshippy or something. JMS told the guy that wasn't possible because the book didn't exist and was just a famous plot device. No, the guy said, it was real and he could prove it! This went on quite a while.

In a Superman episode, the script called for Superman to destroy a giant robot by crash through its body. Censor said no, it was murder. The robot was in the shape of a man, therefore it had a soul.

That was life, writing kid shows in the 80s.
If I thought I needed to get out in the sunshine I'd play Boktai.

#40 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

Posted Image

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#41 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

That had more to do with the Bureau of Standards & Practices than the concept of the show. The censors constantly made it difficult to tell a believable story in which any kind of combat was involved.

Joe Straczynski has a bunch of great stories from his days working on shows like Ghostbusters, GI Joe, Superman, etc.

On one episode the script had dialogue referencing the Necronomicon, a lengendary book of forbidden knowledge created by H.P. Lovecraft for some of his stories. The BS&P said it couldn't be mentioned because kids would look it up and get all devil worshippy or something. JMS told the guy that wasn't possible because the book didn't exist and was just a famous plot device. No, the guy said, it was real and he could prove it! This went on quite a while.

In a Superman episode, the script called for Superman to destroy a giant robot by crash through its body. Censor said no, it was murder. The robot was in the shape of a man, therefore it had a soul.

That was life, writing kid shows in the 80s.

This clip right here sums up my opinion of standards & practices perfectly. The only way you get anything edgy on TV is if you have the 'premium' channels 9 times outta 10. Anyway, here's the clip:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#42 austenwithane

austenwithane

Write Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

I kid of course but...

Michael Bay is getting worse than George Lucas. At least Lucas only fucks up his own properties...
Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun. - Ash

#43 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

First world problems.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#44 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

If people stop buying into this nonsense, then this stuff wouldn't happen.
I can't say that I'm "mad", but it just seems like a radical change just for the sake of the attention..then people will "hate" it..but "go see it out of curiosity, just to see how bad it is"...and lie about disliking it.. LOL

Just from what I read.. I have 0 interest in this.

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#45 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

What if they're mutant aliens. Would that make people happy?

Are the turtles even still around anymore (on TV I mean)? Maybe this movie will make the turtles relevant to the current generation of kids (which is probably the target audience of the movie).

Seems like the Transformers movies made the Transformers relevant again. I never watched Transformers growing up because I don't think it was on...all I remember is Beast Wars which I thought was awful.

Outside of nostalgia I don't see how anyone could like the old animated Transformers movie and hate the new ones. It's a bad movie.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#46 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

After thinking about it, it's not really that far-fetched is it? With the Utroms, Krang, Dimension X, etc?

Duh:

http://tmnt.wikia.com/wiki/Utrom

The Utroms were stranded on Earth and interacted with humans through the company, T.C.R.I.. They are responsible for creating and losing the canister of mutagen that transformed Splinter and the Turtles. When they were stranded, the Utroms contacted their homeworld. They were ordered to stay and observe humanity. Eventually, they were forced to leave Earth by teleporting to another world. They later returned and opened official relations with humans and other alien races.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#47 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

i cant lie i always wanted to see krang in the movies but i have no hopes for this film.

#48 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

He's working with Nickelodeon with this one lol

#49 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

He's working with Nickelodeon with this one lol

oh shit well its a kids movie then expect to see a music performance from one of those kids theyre always trying to turn into musical acts and some characters from their show will show up in character. and tons of popular phrases lol. " hey bro lets go gtl after we get some pizza"

#50 Kreutz

Kreutz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

"How can Michael Bay make a TMNT movie, there is nothing to blow up!" - My Wife
I think this says it all.

#51 Renegade Moose

Renegade Moose

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

Its just called Ninja Turtles now, right? I guess if the new(ish) cartoon can make Shredder an alien...
Posted Image

#52 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

I don't see the big deal, TMNT have had their source material changed constantly from day one with most aspects of it. Most people grew up on a source modified from the original concept anyways. I'm most familiar with the original animated series, like most kids from the 80s, but I still enjoy almost all incarnations of it.

Do wish they'd give Casey Jones bigger roles though, like the first movie. Hell they could probably make a full feature film from him alone.

#53 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:00 AM

^This. I think people are overreacting.

#54 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

That was the only thing good about the original, it started the career of Elias Koteas. Dude is an excellent actor, watch The Thin Red Line for all the proof you need.