Angry Birds in Space and Backyard Zombies, free (Android)

calli

CAG Veteran
[quote name='Kaiser499']Can this be used on the HP Touchpad?[/QUOTE]

Web OS Touchpad? or Android Touchpad?

Its working on my CM7 Android loaded Touchpad.

[quote name='topplehat']Aren't these the ad-supported free versions?[/QUOTE]

Yes indeed, the ad-supported versions of Angry Birds are always free.

Thanks, I didn't realize Angry Birds in Space was out. My wife is gonna be very excited to play the HD version on her Kindle Fire.

I had to get 3 versions. Angry Birds Space HD for my HP Touchpad, Angry Birds Space HD (Kindle Fire Edition) for my Kindle Fire, and Angry Birds Space for my Optimus V.

[quote name='Link2999']I had to get 3 versions. Angry Birds Space HD for my HP Touchpad, Angry Birds Space HD (Kindle Fire Edition) for my Kindle Fire, and Angry Birds Space for my Optimus V.[/QUOTE]

Where did you find an HD version that works on devices other than the Kindle Fire? I'm not seeing that one and Amazon blocks other devices from using the Fire HD one.

Got the $3 Kindle Fire HD version, very nice. The Kindle Fire HD versions of games are really nice; PvZ is another great one. I saw Angry Birds Rio HD KF edition, but its a bit higher at 4.99; I bet the Space version is temporarily discounted to $2.99 at launch, and will go up to 4.99 later. There aren't a ton of levels yet for Space, but like all the other games more levels will be coming.

I spent all of 15 seconds on Backyard Zombie and uninstalled it - I have better run/gun games (Zombie Dash is a good example)

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']OP definitely needs to specify that this is the (normally free) ad-supported version Angry Birds... not the ad-free version.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I got my hopes up thinking it was the Amazon Free App of the Day. They've put the Angry Birds games as the Free App every so often (and they did it within the first week AB:Rio was released), so it'll be worth the wait.

[quote name='DurbanBrown']angry birds is always free on android. yes with ads. why pay?[/QUOTE]

Angry birds is ok and it is easy to sink hours into it. So why not pay a couple dollars. But, worth is subjective and many will not see any benefit to paying for a title

Why pay you ask?

Well, the free version of games with advertisments may lack some of the content, and I view them as trials personally. The comment a few slots above mention the free-w/ advertisments also drain the battery (do not know if this is true).

I personally feel if the title is good/quality it deserves my support by giving/spending my entire 1-3 dollars on the game/application. I also hate advertisments in the games and often times the ads are placed in a way it is easy to tap by accident. I personally think a couple dollars is trivial and why not pay for something I enjoy that costs a couple dollars. That is my answer.

Has anyone actually compared the $1 amazon version to the $3 "HD" version? The $1 one looks just fine on my Touchpad...

[quote name='FadeToOne']Has anyone actually compared the $1 amazon version to the $3 "HD" version? The $1 one looks just fine on my Touchpad...[/QUOTE]

The HD version, especially on pads do have a noticeable difference in quality. The picture/graphics appear shaper and well high def. The regular version still looks great, but I do notice an upgrade in the HD on the pad.

Angry Birds...CM9 ICS Android HP Touchpad....YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Downloaded this yesterday, but 5 stars for the birds! WOOP!

[quote name='stoned99']I read yesterday that Ad supported Apps use up to 60% more battery due to poorly written ad engines.[/QUOTE]
If anyone was wondering... here's a link to an article that talks about that. It's interesting that Microsoft had a hand in the research.
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/...t-for-up-to-75-percent-of-battery-drain/19168

Angry Birds was one of the apps they tested.
While playing a level of Angry Birds, 70 percent of the battery drain was as a result of the game uploading user data in the background, such as location information) and the downloading and displaying of ads to the user.

bread's done
Back