So you can actually store animals now?

TwitterIcon2.pngThe7thNumber.png

#662 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

So you can actually store animals now?

Also is the fence gate new? Or have I just not been able to figure out how to make one?

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#663 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

yes, the fence gate is new. right now, everyone builds a door or french doors to their pen.

i saw the sprint ability (yay!). lots of food options. looks like improved lighting. abandoned villages and mines.

Posted Image

and with new enemies... yay!

not looking forward to a hunger bar... I was kind of happy that the Xbox version didn't have it.

what I'm confused about is the previous preview video... are they implying that you will soon be able to use your Xbox avatar in the Minecraft world?

#664 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

That is avatar stuff not in game avatar

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#665 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

next update has been sent to microsoft!!

http://playxbla.com/...ox-360-edition/

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#666 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

i'm excited! I've actually been holding off Minecraft as I have some big ideas but wanted to wait for a new world. but that link doesn't say that it was submitted, did it? I didn't see it.

that second line...

- Disabled Achievements and Leaderboard updates if the player is in Creative Mode, or if the world has been previously saved in Creative Mode.

does that mean you need to have a dedicated creative mode world? That you can't switch a world back and forth? like when they allowed you to switch between peaceful and easy for a world?

#667 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

does that mean you need to have a dedicated creative mode world? That you can't switch a world back and forth? like when they allowed you to switch between peaceful and easy for a world?

I would believe so, otherwise you could just use creative mode to complete stuff like making a obsidian gate and then switch back to get the achievement.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#668 kingtut313

kingtut313

What Up Doe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

you can switch between creative and survival but once you use creative mode on a map, leaderboards and achievements are disabled
Posted Image

#669 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

I would believe so, otherwise you could just use creative mode to complete stuff like making a obsidian gate and then switch back to get the achievement.

this makes sense for achievements... but for leaderboards?

take my world in Minecraft now. I normally play on Easy which means I have to fit in a ton of building during the day and a ton of mining at night so I can avoid the mobs. But my friend wants to build and she hates fighting off the mobs. So I'd switch to Peaceful so she can play with me.

But now in this new scenario, if I switch to creative mode at any time, that world is now offlimits for the leaderboards even if I switch back to easy or normal. So that means if I have a friend with me that wants creative mode, I'd have to get out of that world and into a creative mode world.

actually, the new design doesn't make sense...

it wouldn't be cheating. right now, i play my world in easy mode. I can see the changes to the easy stats for me. Then I switch to peaceful so my friend can build without worrying about night or mobs. The leaderboard stats start updating for peaceful. Then I switch back to easy and the leaderboard stats go back to tracking for easy. I'm not boosting my easy stats by playing in peaceful mode.

This is how it should be done with creative mode. Turn off the stat tracking while in creative mode and turn it back on when in easy or normal or whatever. If what you are saying is correct, that means we need separate worlds for creative mode and for survival mode if we want stat tracking.

if the stat tracking is totally turned off during creative mode, it wouldn't matter that you built the obsidian gate because the stats are turned off and it never recognizes that you built it. so if you turn off creative mode and go back to peaceful/easy/normal/whatever, the achievement wouldn't occur because the event didn't happen because you built it during creative mode. that's how stat tracking should work with regards to creative mode.

I like survival mode and I like how it tracks all the hard work I put in it. I didn't even use the duplication glitch in my main world because I wanted a "legit" world. I kept the dup glitch to a second world where I built like crazy.

Edited by dirtyvu, 04 October 2012 - 03:38 AM.

#670 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

So no more peaceful ? I thought peaceful and creative were different.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#671 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

So no more peaceful ? I thought peaceful and creative were different.

they are different.

from watching the video, to switch to creative mode, you press a button which then allows you to fly and have unlimited supplies.

but according to the update text, it would seem that once you switch to creative mode, that world is no longer eligible for leaderboards. kind of like once you use any cheats in Saints Row (or anyone joining your game using cheats) makes that game save stop counting for achievements/leaderboards. which is dangerous if a stranger joins our world and enables it without your knowledge.

#672 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

I doubt a stranger could turn it on.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#673 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

oh, I didn't mean to imply that a stranger could turn it on in Minecraft. I was just using Saints Row as an example of how its similarly handled in terms of turning off stats if cheats are enabled.

but come to think of it, why not? if only a press of the X button turns on creative mode, why not?

#674 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

They won't make it so easy it could be done in accident or done by anyone but host. Speaking of I can't wait for the features letting hosts not let people do anything in game till given privilages.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#675 kingtut313

kingtut313

What Up Doe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

oh, I didn't mean to imply that a stranger could turn it on in Minecraft. I was just using Saints Row as an example of how its similarly handled in terms of turning off stats if cheats are enabled.

but come to think of it, why not? if only a press of the X button turns on creative mode, why not?

you have to choose creative or survival mode when you load up your world, just like peaceful/normal/hard
Posted Image

#676 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

you have to choose creative or survival mode when you load up your world, just like peaceful/normal/hard

not according to screenshots. You just press X.

Posted Image

#677 drysushi

drysushi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

That screenshot shows a world already open in creative mode, x is simply for the creative menu. You must start up the world as creative or survival.

#678 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

okay, thanks! good to know

#679 drysushi

drysushi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

No problem.

Can't wait for this, I'm going to build until my eyes bleed. Sad that it won't have quest mode additions and ender pearls wont be usable.

#680 Spanky

Spanky

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Can't wait for this update to come out. I've been in a huge rut with the game but I think this will bring me back into it. At least I hope since Borderlands 2 is occupying my time currently.
Posted Image

#681 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

You guys have no idea how much time I have spent in minecraft... I lost my social life pretty much completely, lol.

Currently working on reproducing a famous level from an NES game... video when I am done.

#682 RyanEvans

RyanEvans

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

1.8 update coming out tomorrow :bouncy:

#683 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

*boner metropolis* That's why I came into the thread for haha
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#684 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Are patch notes posted somewhere?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#685 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Posted Image

woohoo!!!

#686 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Are patch notes posted somewhere?

http://www.minecraft...title-update-5/

#687 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Thx

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#688 kingtut313

kingtut313

What Up Doe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#689 RyanEvans

RyanEvans

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

http://m.youtube.com...d&v=EakNifXH42w

i like the background music!

#690 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

Woot!

Tomorrow at work is going to be rough...