Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition - 1600 points

• Please log in to reply
775 replies to this topic

#721 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Tu9 is out letting players into the end to fight the ender dragon.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#722 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Damn it Minecraft, I was just gonna get into Terraria.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#723 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#724 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

My kids tell me that The End is super duper difficult to get to in (pure) survival mode. Has anyone here done that? Obviously I mean in PC version, since this update is just out.
Posted Image

#725 kingtut313

kingtut313

What Up Doe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

My kids tell me that The End is super duper difficult to get to in (pure) survival mode. Has anyone here done that? Obviously I mean in PC version, since this update is just out.

i beat the dragon with my boy yeterday and it was extremely easy.. i had enchanted diamond armor and a lvl 30 bow so that may have helped haha.. my health never dipped below half tho
just climb up the pillars and destroy the crystals so the dragon cant heal and then just run around and shoot the dragon with arrows.. dont look at the endermen roaming around and you should have no problems
Posted Image

#726 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

I mean starting a new save in survival mode, stay in survival mode, get to the end and win.
Posted Image

#727 kingtut313

kingtut313

What Up Doe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

I mean starting a new save in survival mode, stay in survival mode, get to the end and win.

yea thats what i did

the last update added the end portal and this update made it possible to activate it.. basically you could travel to the end on a world that you have been working on for months

gathering materials to beat the dragon is time consuming but its nothing crazy
Posted Image

#728 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

Wow I didn't even know the new update came out! Looks like the world of Minecraft is gonna suck me back in again.

#729 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

yea thats what i did

the last update added the end portal and this update made it possible to activate it.. basically you could travel to the end on a world that you have been working on for months

gathering materials to beat the dragon is time consuming but its nothing crazy

how can you start from the very beginning, in survival mode, and finish it that fast? heck, just getting up and running in a survival world takes awhile, let alone getting enough material just to be able to fight the dragon without being slaughtered.

#730 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

I believe he means he used an existing save they'd been working on for a while. He didn't start a new one once this title update hit.
Posted Image

#731 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

Does anybody know of a good tutorial video or something that describes all the new shit that was added to the 360 version since it was released? I haven't played in forever and I'm totally confused about the new stuff. The tutorial level has confused me even more. I know. I'm retarded :/
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#732 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

Does anybody know of a good tutorial video or something that describes all the new shit that was added to the 360 version since it was released? I haven't played in forever and I'm totally confused about the new stuff. The tutorial level has confused me even more. I know. I'm retarded :/

How to play section of the menu teaches a lot.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#733 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

Go easy on yourself. The PC version is infamous for practically requiring a browser open to the Minecraft wiki while playing to get going. I think the learning curve is a bit softer on the 360 but you probably won't pick up everything without going to the wiki. The wiki is primairly focused on the PC edition so some of the information doesn't apply to the 360 edition yet.

http://www.minecraft.../Minecraft_Wiki

#734 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

It's been a few months since I played, so I started a new survival world last night. I started off by making a small farm with all the different types of animals in pens (except chickens, they keep disappearing?) and a wheat field. Then I dug out a huge branch mine.

I have a good stockpile of materials now and was thinking about building a mob grinder. The last one I built was the huge one on Youtube that is like 64x64 and 8 stories high. Not sure if I want to go through all that trouble again. Are there any options for something a little more simple?

Another question, how do you get seeds to grow sugar cane? I found a bunch and picked it up but I didn't get any seeds. I'd like to make one of those automated sugar cane farms.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#735 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Don't you just plant a part of the sugar cane in the ground to start growing it?

#736 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

yeah, as long as the sugar cane is adjacent to water, it'll grow.

#737 kingtut313

kingtut313

What Up Doe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

how can you start from the very beginning, in survival mode, and finish it that fast? heck, just getting up and running in a survival world takes awhile, let alone getting enough material just to be able to fight the dragon without being slaughtered.

honestly the hardest part (or at least most time consuming) is getting the ender eyes to activate the portal.. endermen dont spawn nearly as much as they used to and half the time they dont drop a pearl

i beat the dragon again yesterday on a different world using 2 stacks of arrows, a power 2 bow, diamond chestplate & boots, iron helmet & leggings.. its very easy
Posted Image

#738 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

I like this guy's channel. Yes, it's for the PC. But most of them apply to the Xbox now with all the upgrades.

http://www.youtube.c...er/paulsoaresjr

#739 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

thanks guys for the links and the tips. I'm going to check them out!
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#740 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

I started off by making a small farm with all the different types of animals in pens (except chickens, they keep disappearing?)

I don't know if they fixed it or not, but for a while, a pen had to be 5x5 or smaller for the animals to not despawn. You need a chicken coop if you don't have a skeleton grinder (which I don't) to get the feathers to make arrows.

#741 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

I don't know if they fixed it or not, but for a while, a pen had to be 5x5 or smaller for the animals to not despawn. You need a chicken coup if you don't have a skeleton grinder (which I don't) to get the feathers to make arrows.

that's all old. in the latest update, you can breed and farm animals. you can make the pen up to 20x20 each. I have 3. one with pigs, another with cows, and the last with sheep.

#742 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

I'm getting back into this after the latest update that made some interesting changes. Gravel has a new texture that looks similar to cobblestone and the different types of trees produce different types of wood, so your first wood house can look even uglier than before. I don't know if this is a new thing or not, but pretty much every time I mine gravel, I also get either coal or iron. So I have a ton of coal and iron because gravel is all over the place in every cave I find.

I started a new world and spawned right between two villages, so the survival aspect was pretty easy since I just moved into one of the pre-built houses and am building up from there.

#743 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

I don't know where my post went but yeah as I said, grabbed the FYI free birthday skin yesterday and played a bunch last night. Finally got the Pigs Fly achievement, last one to grab and fitting since Minecraft 360 Edition's 1 yr anniversary.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3

#744 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

I don't know where my post went but yeah as I said, grabbed the FYI free birthday skin yesterday and played a bunch last night. Finally got the Pigs Fly achievement, last one to grab and fitting since Minecraft 360 Edition's 1 yr anniversary.

Free birthday skin? Like DLC?

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#745 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

http://marketplace.x...17950?cid=SLink
Yup

Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition was released on May 9th, 2012. One year later, Mojang and Microsoft Studios have decided to celebrate the game's first birthday in style with a FREE... you guessed it... skin pack. The "1st Birthday Skin Pack" adds 23 skins to the already burgeoning collection of 319 DLC skins released via eight other skin packs.

Posted Image

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#746 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Cool, just grabbed it.

#747 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

It also adds special capes to some of the normal skins, as Ray from Achievement Hunter complained about in their video:

#748 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Lol I'm all about it too.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#749 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

What skins do you guys like to use? :lol: I usually stick with Louis from L4D, sometimes Marcus Fenix.

#750 kingtut313

kingtut313

What Up Doe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

i use the pirate
Posted Image