Canadians, what shipping services do you use?

Capsuledragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I remember a while ago I sold a FF3 Snes cart on ebay. I charged $3 for the shipping. Someone in Alberta bought it, so I threw it in a mailer, checked the rates at Canada Post, put enough stamps on it, and mailed it. It was returned two days later saying it's two thick and needs to be shipped regular parcel. I took it to Canada Post and it cost me I believe $11 to ship it. :shock: I was really pissed.

SO I must ask, what services do you guys use? I picked a random Canadian ebay auction: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DASH-GALAXY-...Games_Games&hash=item45ffe33c7b#ht_500wt_1054 How is that guy able to ship it for just $5? He lists it as standard shipping, which I can't seem to find.

Now the rates for shipping to the US, are $6 for regular parcel and $18 for expedited which is good. Shipping international is $9 for Small Packet Air. Those are certainly no USPS prices, but they seem fair.

So, how do you guys ship games domestically when they don't fit in the lettermail? There must be something I'm missing if it's cheaper to send a package across the ocean than it is to send to my neighbor.

Your issue is the same one i get. Is why i stopped doing ebay auctions. Canada post is a rip. its true its cheaper to send a game to usa.oversea's then it is to ship to canada.

The issue comes up because there is no small package or small packet for canada. Only lettermail and parcels. Your lettermail must only contain paper, cannot contain plastic. For example i send trading cards (MTG) but they are in top loaders (plastic holders) can send to usa for like 3$ but to anywhere in canada its like 8$. retarded!!

I sent in a complaint but nothing came of it. so now i just send to usa instead or sell locally on kijiji

[quote name='dotCody']Purolater, FedEx, DHL[/QUOTE] What makes them any better than UPS? Purolator is owned by Canadian Post... *shrug*

[quote name='Mr.']What makes them any better than UPS? Purolator is owned by Canadian Post... *shrug*[/QUOTE]

Whoa now, they only own around 90%. :roll:

bread's done
Back