Photo
- - - - -

(Dead) Portal Gun (Amazon Preorder): $139.99 w/ FSSS

• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

#511 dallow

dallow

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

I sold mine as well, I mean, this was too good not to.
I emailed the buyer letting him know exactly the condition it was it in and he said he knew about how badly NECA had shipped them and only cared about the gun, not the box.

I really emailed Amazon mainly to complain about how NECA shipped the items to them. Didn't ask for anything. I should be ok, as I rarely contact Amazon for adjustments. They've been so good to me.

#512 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

^ I agree. I contact AZ only in the rare instance that my item is broken or not as described.

As it concerns your eBay buyer(s) understand that partial refunds are the biggest scam going. eBay almost encourages it with their pro buyer atmosphere. Buyers understand most sellers don't want a neg or low DSR's so they are able to bully a seller into giving them what they want.

If you can get a buyer to admit through eBay messaging that they want a credit or they will neg you or leave low DSR's you can almost always get that cleaned up by eBay; as you have proof that they are trying to use feedback manipulation.

Unless the buyer is reasonable in their request I almost ALWAYS tell them I am sorry I did not meet their expectations but it is my policy that I do not offer partial refunds but will be more then happy to issue a Full refund upon return of the item.

If you sold your Portal Gun to someone in the U.S. that might not work depending on how upset they are about the condition as it will only cost them a few dollars to send it back with delivery/signature confirmation. Where I sold mine to buyers in Austrlia they will end up losing out on about $90 in return shipping costs so they are going to be less likely to return them.

I'm hoping I don't run into any issues and none of you do either. Flipping is generally frowned up on CAG but I can honestly say that if I didn't have a few good finds like this a year then I would not have half of the collection that i currently own.

I didn't run into a single buyer with this item that asked for more photos or if it is was in "mint" condition. Typically my OCD buyers with high expectations are clear about that type of thing prior to purchasing.

Shipping in the US with a properly packed box costs at the very minimum $20 with signature confirm but no insurance.

Thanks for the tip about the feedback manipulation threats. I've had a similar experience before.

#513 fusion0fangels

fusion0fangels

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

Just got mine in today. It was shipped in a huge box filled with packing paper, and the only things wrong with the box were worn corners and edges and a few nicks and bumps. Pretty much nothing to complain about, so I'm a happy camper. Amazon's been great to me, so they'll hear no complaints from me.

#514 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

Anyone have any minor scratches or blemishes on theirs? I have some minor scratches on the bottom of the upper white part of the gun. Can't really see them there unless looking for them, but you can feel them.

I was thinking about getting it replaced by NECA, but I've been reading online and some people have had a few non working LEDs on the claws or scratches where the claw stopper hits the white part of the gun. (you wouldnt see the ones on mine on display) Don't know if I want to risk for something that could be worse.

#515 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

No scratches on mine, no LED problems either. If its not noticeable, I'd probably keep it. Who knows what you'd get back.

#516 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

No scratches on mine, no LED problems either. If its not noticeable, I'd probably keep it. Who knows what you'd get back.

Yeah that's probably what I'm going to do. But here's a pic of one of the scratches anyhow. You can't see it unless its directly in the light.
Posted Image

Again, it's on the bottom so no one will see it when it's on display. I'm just annoyed that it came out of the box that way. But then again most people wouldn't have even seen it in the first place, I'm just OCD and look over every detail too much.

Edited by aTaRiFrEaK223, 15 May 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#517 zenintrude

zenintrude

habitual line stepper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Well this is interesting...

Hi - We have learned that we will receive a limited number of the new Portal replica piece. As you had previously had the original item on pre-order, we have entered a courtesy pre-order for you with the new item. if you are no longer interested in this piece, please contact our Customer Service department, who will be happy to remove you from the pre-order list. Thank you very much! www.bigbadtoystore.com

Looks like I'm getting a second of these!

YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#518 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

^ Very cool. I don't think they made more, rather I think NECA had extra inventory that hadn't previously sold and now they are releasing it to retailers whom they originally shorted inventory.

That being said my last unit ordered from the final 50 NECA released should be arriving today. I plan on keeping this one :)

#519 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

Ok, this is pissing me off... my amazon order is keeping delaying...

#520 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

Ok, this is pissing me off... my amazon order is keeping delaying...

Same here... I thought I was in the clear after ordering it from Amazon

#521 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

Did you guys order from a restock or from Amazon's first batch?

#522 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

http://www.amazon.co...37194811&sr=8-8

Amazon has the P-Body version up for preorder

#523 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

Finally was able to order me a portal gun. Thanks Salamando!

#524 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:10 AM

so who else got in on the chell and the pbody?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#525 zenintrude

zenintrude

habitual line stepper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

so who else got in on the chell and the pbody?

Me.

YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#526 MadGeniusDude

MadGeniusDude

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Did you guys order from a restock or from Amazon's first batch?

I ordered on the day that Amazon had restocked. My expected delivery date was May 14-18 but it has been delayed because supossedly Amazon has still not received them yet. The Amazon rep kindly offered convert my free super saver shipping to One Day Shipping.

#527 MadGeniusDude

MadGeniusDude

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

*Update my portal gun now is shipping soon :)

#528 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

*Update my portal gun now is shipping soon :)

Hmmm.. mine is too (the order I placed during the brief restock). Estimated delivery date is Wednesday the 23rd.

Hopefully this arrives in better condition then the first once I received

#529 PS2gamerGCN

PS2gamerGCN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

I ordered my Portal Gun when it first went up on Amazon a few months back. Had it shipped to my mother's location as my own address was up in the air. Finally had the chance to pick it up yesterday (it arrived at my mother's last week) and I was surprised to find that mine was shipped in an actual Amazon box instead of just being shipped as itself. :D

#530 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

I just receive my portal gun today and the box is pretty bang up WITHOUT amazon brown box. WHAT THE HELL was amazon thinking. And when I was on amazon chat talking about it, the associate doesn;t seems to really care about the box damage and just tell em to file a complain.

#531 MadGeniusDude

MadGeniusDude

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

I recieved my 2 portal guns yesterday in brown box. I received another set of portal guns by error today. In fear of being banned I contacted amazon on how to return them.

#532 malalrd

malalrd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

Received my portal gun couple of days ago from Amazon and it looks like the box went through hell and back. Anybody know the contact info for NECA to get it replaced? I tried submitting a case to their online customer service but did not get any answer back. Thanks in advance.

#533 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

Quick question. I know people have had succcess getting a refund from amazon with the crappy shipping on this. Do you talk directly to a customer service rep or do you submit rate their packaging thing? Mine looks like perhaps dragged the entire way here on the sidewalk from washington state

#534 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

Hi guys. I got my replacement model from Neca. Although the body isn't damaged, they still used the stupid tape around the edged of the box. Oh well.