5 free games w/ 6mo. live membership! YMMV

ken9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
EDIT: YMMV seems like this is only for silver members :(

Its on the home tab of the dashboard. Just wait for it to scroll through the offers in the middle of the page and you should eventually see it.

(sorry if I'm not very good at describing it.. I'm usually a :ps3: guy and recently moved over to the :360: xD)

"5 games free when you purchase a 6 month xbox live gold membership"

the games listed are:
Halo Reach
Fable III
Kinect Sports
Toy Soldiers
Gunstringer

"Games will be sent as codes to your email for download"

some important points from the fine print:
"Offer valid only though this in-dash signup with credit card. While supplies last."
"not valid on prior Xbox Live membership purchases"
membership auto-renews
Full payment for the 6 month subscription is required to receive the free games. Redemption codes will be sent to the email tied to your Xbox live account within 4-6 weeks and must be used by June 30, 2012. Limit 1 per acc."

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be an awesome deal for anyone who needs gold...

Since I already have a couple years of gold and have Halo Reach and Fable 3 (dont really care too much for the other games), I will have to pass. If I didnt have any of those games I would probably jump on that deal. Maybe I could even use my Serve card so I wouldnt care about having it store my CC info.

I own a hard copy of Reach, but I could sell it off and that would pay for at least half of 6 months, I'd imagine. Gonna go see if this is on my dashboard.

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']I'd get this if it wasn't such a pain in the ass to cancel your Xbox Live Gold membership.[/QUOTE]

This has been changed. FYI. It's easy as fuck to cancel now.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Price? Also, are you sure it's not one of five games or something?[/QUOTE]

Just went back to double check, I'm pretty sure its all 5 for free :)

Read the fine print and it says "Full payment for the 6 month subscription is required to receive the free games. Redemption codes will be sent to the email tied to your Xbox live account within 4-6 weeks and must be used by June 30, 2012. Limit 1 per acc."

just bolded some important points

[quote name='eagleyankee']Where is this on the dashboard exactly?? Seems like a great deal, but I can't find it :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vashtheowner']I can't find this deal on my dashboard either, is it only for people who don't currently have a gold subscription?[/QUOTE]

Its on the home tab on the dashboard in the middle of the page where the ads are. Just wait for it to scroll through and you'll eventually see it. It might be YMMV? I'm not too sure how these ads are sorted out and such. If it is, I'll update the title.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']If I didn't own all but two of the games I'd be all over it with my wife's silver account.[/QUOTE]

Oh that is a good idea. With summer coming up the wife could use a bit of Gold.

@OP
Did or do you already have Gold membership? I'm not seeing it on my home screen either, but I'm also a ps3 guy who literally just got a 360 and activated gold about an hour ago.

[quote name='ken9']Its on the home tab on the dashboard in the middle of the page where the ads are. Just wait for it to scroll through and you'll eventually see it. It might be YMMV? I'm not too sure how these ads are sorted out and such. If it is, I'll update the title.[/QUOTE]

I have gold and it's not on mine.

Definitely YMMV, likely available to most silver members.

[quote name='Donuts']@OP
Did or do you already have Gold membership? I'm not seeing it on my home screen either, but I'm also a ps3 guy who literally just got a 360 and activated gold about an hour ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm usually not a Gold member. Only subscribed to it once when they had that $1 for a month deal. I guess I'll PM a mod and tell him to add YMMV to the title

u can edit the title under edit- advanced options

[quote name='ken9']Yeah I'm usually not a Gold member. Only subscribed to it once when they had that $1 for a month deal. I guess I'll PM a mod and tell him to add YMMV to the title[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']u can edit the title under edit- advanced options[/QUOTE]

Never knew that, and I've been a member on this site for almost 6 years.. *facepalm* lool but thanks! Title has been edited

Last one is for sure Gunslinger. I have a friend who is wanting to get his son his own live account I might offer him 20 to give me the codes for Kinect Sports and Halo Reach. I own the rest of those.
This offer showed up 4 of my silver accounts I have on my xbox. 3 of the accounts never had gold and one had gold for 3 months before but no longer does. Offer did not show up on my current gold account though.

how do i even buy this, i see it on my dashboard but there is no option to purchase

Edit: never mind found out how, you just gotta watch the video and press "A" when they tell you to

[quote name='ets']after the 6 months, do you lose the games like sony plus?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it.

I just logged onto the wives silver account and all I had was a 2 months for 2 dollar deal for her.

[quote name='ets']after the 6 months, do you lose the games like sony plus?[/QUOTE]

Xbox Live is NOTHING like Sony Plus.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna activate one of my dummy accounts to get this deal... Does the digital download of Gunstringer also come with Fruit Ninja or is that only the disc version?

I'd rather buy a 12 month card that's on sale in store for about the same price and get those five games for free. Yeah, wish it was renew gold for a year get these 5 games for free if you're a silver account.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']Xbox Live is NOTHING like Sony Plus.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna activate one of my dummy accounts to get this deal... Does the digital download of Gunstringer also come with Fruit Ninja or is that only the disc version?[/QUOTE]

True...lots more whiny kids that do nothing but throw the n-word around playing games they are 6 years too young to play. :lol:

(Hey, I was a day one buyer of both Xbox and Xbox 360, just calling it like it is).

Xbox Marketplace tends to have more/better sales, and you get to keep what you purchase. The only games that disappear on PS+ are the free ones (PS1 classics, mini's, ect). If you get a game at a discount on PS+, you still get to keep it as you've spent money on it.

This seems like an OK deal. Kind of cruddy if you don't have a Kinect though. Are any of the games trade-able by code or anything?

I'm not gonna touch that one, BiggNick. Lol.

But I'm sure you could trade the codes here or sell them on eBay. I'd like to get rid of Toy Soldiers myself of I take advantage of this deal. Still wondering about Gunstringers w/Fruit Ninja. Gonna research...

How easy is it to cancel auto renewal of the membership? Don't want to deal with any problems with Microsoft customer service about cancelling.

Also is everyone assuming it's all 5 games free or just 1? Seems like it's almost too good to be true. :lol:

Id be all over this but i really only want fable and toy soldiers. The others i have or dont want so id be stuck with them.

Does anyone know if the codes are transferable? Someone said they were linked to your account so you could sell them.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Last one is for sure Gunslinger.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it isn't The Gunstringer? I can't find any mention of "Gunslinger" on Microsoft's website (apart from the movie), and The Gunstringer is a Kinect game.

IMHO, The Gunstringer is one of the best Kinect games out there - and a definite must have for any Kinect owner

[quote name='kit352']Id be all over this but i really only want fable and toy soldiers. The others i have or dont want so id be stuck with them.

Does anyone know if the codes are transferable? Someone said they were linked to your account so you could sell them.[/QUOTE]

They email you the codes, so any account could use them.

Totally would do this. It's like they're incentivising us to revert to Silver to get good re sign up deals.

Out of 5 silver accounts 4 had the $2/2 and 1 had the offer. The 4 had not seen much activity. The one with the offer had about 3k in gamescore but I decided to not do it since that account could not enroll in xbox rewards since it was a minor account. Hopefully some of the other accounts will offer this.

Once again, Microsoft puts new customers above loyal gold members. Not that I'd buy 6 months of gold at $40, especially when I can get a year on sale for as little as $30 to $40. But still, us gold members rarely get crap, and the rewards program is a joke.

It is definitely all 5 games which is cool, but 4-6 weeks for the codes really suck. Oh well I have Reach and Fable III, but the Kinect Sports and Gunstringer I wanted anyway and I guess Toy Soldiers is nice too.

[quote name='preston181']Once again, Microsoft puts new customers above loyal gold members. Not that I'd buy 6 months of gold at $40, especially when I can get a year on sale for as little as $30 to $40. But still, us gold members rarely get crap, and the rewards program is a joke.[/QUOTE]

Another reason I buy 99% of my games for my ps3 and not my 360. Playstation Plus is cheaper than XBL and We get too many free games a year to count on Ps+. Microsoft has just never been a good company, ever. I'll still always buy Xbox's for the great exclusives though, can never get enough Halo, Fable or Gears.

[quote name='Deuce-']How easy is it to cancel auto renewal of the membership? Don't want to deal with any problems with Microsoft customer service about cancelling.

Also is everyone assuming it's all 5 games free or just 1? Seems like it's almost too good to be true. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Very easy.You can go to Xbox.com and turn off auto renewal under "My Account"

My gold account did not have the offer. One of my silver accounts had a $5.00 a month gold offer and the other had the one with the 5 free games.

bread's done
Back