Amazon Goldbox Game Deals Today - 3/27 - Ear Force PX5 $159.99

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
223 replies to this topic

#1 JN25WIL

JN25WIL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

Didn't see this posted yet, saw this in the ad scroll when I checked Amazon for new deals of the day.

Goldbox Videogames event March 27th Midnight PT.
http://www.amazon.co...cs_top_nav_gb27

Deal of the Day: 320gb PS3 for $259.99

6am Vicious combat, dark humor, and lightning-quick action on the PlayStation Vita- Army Corps Hell
8am Feel the exhilaration of the full-body dancing workout that you know and love!- Zumba Fitness Rush
11am This controller redefines motion gaming on the PlayStation3! -Move controllers
2pm Step into the iconic octagon fighting cage to battle in one-on-one action for the ultimate fighting championship!- UFC
4pm Action RPG Meets first person shooter. -Borderlands GOTY ?
6pm A sports-party game set at the 2012 Summer Olympic games in London and featuring iconic video game characters! - Mario & Sonic at London 2012 Olympic Games
8pm The most technologically-advanced headset ever designed for PS3 and XBOX 360 gaming .-Turtle Beach PX5

original post
Spoiler

Edited by CheapyD, 27 March 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#2 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

Preparing for disappointment

#3 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

All aboard the speculation train. Next stop disappointing shovelware.

Toot toot.

#4 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

It would be amazing if amazon put amalur on sale, but they are amatuers

#5 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

yay for disappointment! I fully expect to see several "lightening deals" in which the following day Amazon will have the same games at lower prices.

and then the following week those same games will be part of the "deal of the week" at an even high price then the lightening deals.

Amazon has really fallen apart lately

#6 rpnguyen

rpnguyen

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

yay for disappointment! I fully expect to see several "lightening deals" in which the following day Amazon will have the same games at lower prices.

hahaha, I get it, because they're "lightening" their load of shovelware

#7 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

Glad that this is happening. Things have been going pretty well for me the last week or two, so some disappointment will be good for me.

#8 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

hahaha, I get it, because they're "lightening" their load of shovelware

No I just can't spell :) or write good... err well

#9 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

Amazon has stopped being the leader and more of a follower anymore. They only seem to match other stores/sites prices.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#10 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Amazon has stopped being the leader and more of a follower anymore. They only seem to match other stores/sites prices.

Fine by me as long as I can get their product shipped 3-day for free. With gas the way it is i end up paying $5 minimum to even check out a deal at a B&M location. That is not even mentioning the fact that you can get enormous stockpiles of amazon credit with minimal effort through deals, flips or reward sites.

I spent well over 2k on amazon last year, all on heavily discounted items, all paid for with massively discounted (or mostly free) credit.

#11 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

Fine by me as long as I can get their product shipped 3-day for free. With gas the way it is i end up paying $5 minimum to even check out a deal at a B&M location. That is not even mentioning the fact that you can get enormous stockpiles of amazon credit with minimal effort through deals, flips or reward sites.

I spent well over 2k on amazon last year, all on heavily discounted items, all paid for with massively discounted (or mostly free) credit.

Yeah AZ is still great in the aspect of free & fast shipping with prime but their deals (as in their own) suck donkey balls. It's lame that I have to search the circulars looking for sales and then hope that Amazon will match.

When stores like Target, Best Buy or TRU would have B2G1 it was almost a guarantee that Sunday morning at 3AM EST Amazon would have its own B2G1 ready to go... now we are lucky if they'll put together a similar promotion by mid week if at all

#12 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

Prime is a great service, but still not worth anywhere near $80 for me. This is especially true since I have a whopping $5 something in real credit sitting in my Amazon account and a $10 promo code from a game I ordered last fall.

But if I had shittons of credit like I used to a few years ago, then I'd probably consider it a deal, though only if I could pay for it with said credit. However, since they seem to require the membership be paid for by a credit or debit card it's definitely NOT for me.:booty:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#13 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

set sail for fail...

ostzsk.jpg

#14 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

set sail for fail...

Come sail away, lol.

#15 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

I am curious what we will get, I am hoping for amular but I doubt less than 40. Especially considering we had it at 40 shortly after release from them. Going to go do some trade in to bestbuy and get some kindle cards. Just in case they have some deals.

#16 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

I think we can expect a 2012 baseball game to be there much like last year with the latest version of the show.

#17 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

If Tony/T-Money can see this, please have your company hire someone like you to run great deals in the "Physical Copy" department of video games.

#18 Rouzhokuu

Rouzhokuu

Bio-Shocked!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Obligatory....

Posted Image
"Don't be a slowpoke, Mister Bubbles. Angels don't wait for slowpokes."
Take a look at my trade-list, eh?

#19 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

I mentioned this on the DD thread but based on a similar deal last year with Dragon Age 2 Tuesday deal of the day $39.99 at the end of March I am betting on ME3 $39.99. We'll see I guess.

#20 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

I agree to an extent.

Their PC DD deals have been damn good, but since I don't have a beastily rig and prefer games on my 360 and 3DS those sales mean nothing to me.

They still have a system that marks down some old/new non-AAA games slowly. For example, a lot of people grabbed Majin for $5 (or less) . Otomedius has been slowly dropping, and I've grabbed some other games for dirt cheap from them. I think Splatterhouse was $10.

Other then that they seem to match weekly ads, and they won't match most pre-orders. Witcher 2 has been $45 pre-order for how long now? Amazon still hasn't matched it. They even ended up screwing over those that pre-order Amalur at full price.

#21 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

Heres amazons motto for these goldbox events:

Ama: prepair for dissapointment !
Zon: shhhhh dont let the shoppers know it

Ama: to make that sure we sell all of these goldbox things
Zon: We mask these deals as acuall savings
Ama: but this doesnt work on cheap ass gamers
Zon: as they are a bunch of Amazon flamers

AMA !
ZON !

Team amazon stock blasting off in the speed of light, as long as there are Soccer moms shopping we will be alright !
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#22 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

all aboard the speculation train. Next stop disappointing shovelware.

Toot toot.

qft.

#23 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'm calling it now. Gummi Bear Golf for Wii, $9.99.

#24 Sparky_Buzzsaw

Sparky_Buzzsaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hoping for either SSX or Kingdoms of Amalur at about a $35-40 price range. Crossing my fingers.

#25 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Any chance MLB 2k12 will be in this for sub $30?

#26 primalcarnage

primalcarnage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

Hoping for either SSX or Kingdoms of Amalur at about a $35-40 price range. Crossing my fingers.

Have you ever seen the Gold Box events?....lol

Prepare to be VERY disappointed. I have kept up with the last 3 or 4 and every time it's a huge letdown. I'm not even bothering with this one.

#27 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

I actually have a small hope that they sell FFXIII-2 CE for $39.99. They've lowered it to $59.99 and they're still not selling and have 999+ copies. I'd buy that CE for for $40. My other hope is maybe a deal on Radiant Historia since they have 999+ copies of the reprint. If you recall, shortly after the reprint of DQV, it was an LD for $19.99 so here's hoping...

ostzsk.jpg

#28 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

Prime is a great service, but still not worth anywhere near $80 for me.

I'm good for Prime for $40 bucks for the next three years!

#29 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

I actually have a small hope that they sell FFXIII-2 CE for $39.99. They've lowered it to $59.99 and they're still not selling and have 999+ copies. I'd buy that CE for for $40. My other hope is maybe a deal on Radiant Historia since they have 999+ copies of the reprint. If you recall, shortly after the reprint of DQV, it was an LD for $19.99 so here's hoping...

I'd be interested in both of those but refuse to get my hopes up.

#30 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Amazon just give me kirby mass attack for 20$ or less and Ill be happy. No retailer has put it on sale yet and its been out since september !
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze