Amazon Goldbox Game Deals Today - 3/27 - Ear Force PX5 $159.99

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
223 replies to this topic

#181 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

Why is everyone so sure it's borderlands? I know these deals suck but a shooter from '09? There's a few I could think of that it might be.

Agreed, I think Deus Ex would be far more likely.

#182 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

Why is everyone so sure it's borderlands? I know these deals suck but a shooter from '09? There's a few I could think of that it might be.

Unfortunately, it is definitely Borderlands.

Type into Google: Action RPG Meets first person shooter. (which is the hint)

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#183 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

Yea, these Amazon Goldbox deals are pretty lackluster most of the time.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#184 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

I googled it but added deus ex and apparently every news site thinks its deus ex. I get it's the amazon explanation but maybe not.

Since deus ex was just on gamefly sale, I might bite on a borderlands GOTY since I haven't played it. What was it clearancing for at Target? I'm sure they'll do a weak $24.99 or $19.99 if it is the deal.

#185 neuropolis

neuropolis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

I googled it but added deus ex and apparently every news site thinks its deus ex. I get it's the amazon explanation but maybe not.

Well, it will be VERY annoying if it's Deus Ex for the same price as Gamefly used. I wonder if it will be too late to cancel my order...

#186 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

It's got to be Borderlands GOTY. On the back of my copy it says "Action RPG meets first person shooter."

#187 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

It's got to be Borderlands GOTY. On the back of my copy it says "Action RPG meets first person shooter."

What about the regular edition though?

I'm banking on that 4PM deal being Borderlands GOTY! With my luck though it'll turn out to be just regular Borderlands for like $15.

Not really interested in anything else today...

#188 Bigp5437

Bigp5437

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

And of course it's only the Xbox version of Undisputed...nice one amazon
-_-

#189 Scootsy

Scootsy

T'wolves/Magic/Bulls Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

-_-

I wanna grab this game so bad but I just feel that I'll be able to find it for less than $20 in the Fall lol

#190 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

-_-

Its both.Click select options and pick PS3 -_-

#191 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Do any of these sales ever reach 100% claimed anymore?

#192 Bigp5437

Bigp5437

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

Its both.Click select options and pick PS3 -_-

Is it now? Checked it right around when it first went live and the PS3 version was $49.99...hmm

EDIT: Ahhh I see..forgot about the select options button for that lol, I went to the actual page

#193 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

Do any of these sales ever reach 100% claimed anymore?

I'm pretty sure at least one did today, they just drop since people change their minds quickly.

#194 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

Seems like most of the games are about $10 off, so Borderlands GOTY at $19.99 would be a good guess. Wouldn't surprise me at $24.99 either though.

#195 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

This was $20 at gamestop over the summer. Still a good deal though. Great game and a ton of content in the GOTY edition.

CBrownsT10.png

#196 GILiveRadio

GILiveRadio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

bORDERLANDS goty - 19.99$

Xbox 360 only

im seeing it for both ps3 and xbox 360 for 19.99

:360: GI Mvideoplus
Visit us @ 8bitfix.com

#197 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

im seeing it for both ps3 and xbox 360 for 19.99

I had the choice too. The only option I had for the edition is Game of the Year (though, why would you choose the other...?).

Picked up a copy! Thanks OP! I used my $10 gift card from the Local Amazon gift card sale and got this bad boy for $9.99.

#198 pistolpeet1337

pistolpeet1337

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

I bit on the GOTY Borderlands... hoooray for the impulse buy

#199 neuropolis

neuropolis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

I used my $10 gift card from the Local Amazon gift card sale and got this bad boy for $9.99.

Technically you got it for $14.99 since you had to shell out $5 for the Local Amazon deal, lol. But I forgot I had that and now I'm considering it as well...

#200 sirdudeoi

sirdudeoi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

I just picked up the vanilla borderlands for $8.99 at best buy. Is the dlc worth returning it and picking up the goty?

#201 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

I just picked up the vanilla borderlands for $8.99 at best buy. Is the dlc worth returning it and picking up the goty?

IMHO, yes. The vanilla game was good in the game mechanics department, but the storytelling and immersion were a little weak. In the DLC, however, the "borderlands flair" really kicks in. They really took the feedback (that the storytelling and characters were a little bland) to heart and made great strides to improve that in the DLC. Not to mention these are not 1-2 hour side missions, you can easily spend nearly as much time going through the DLC as you did through the main campaign.

Except Mad Moxxi. That DLC was terrible, but the other 3 were so good that it more than makes up for it. Borderlands is a great example of DLC done properly.

Also your enjoyment of the game will go up tenfold if you play through co-op with a friend. There are hours and hours and hours of great co-op play in here.

#202 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

Valuewise, for sure. But only if you play it.

#203 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

Technically you got it for $14.99 since you had to shell out $5 for the Local Amazon deal, lol. But I forgot I had that and now I'm considering it as well...

Well if you want to get that technical, then I can easily sell both my vanilla copy of Borderlands and the Double Add-On Pack for $10 total (I don't have the other 2 DLC's yet)... so really it'd mean I got the game for $4.99 :-P

#204 raarar

raarar

With sexy results.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

Holy crap for once Amazon pulls through for me. Borderlands GOTY you shall be mine.

#205 sirdudeoi

sirdudeoi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

IMHO, yes. The vanilla game was good in the game mechanics department, but the storytelling and immersion were a little weak. In the DLC, however, the "borderlands flair" really kicks in. They really took the feedback (that the storytelling and characters were a little bland) to heart and made great strides to improve that in the DLC. Not to mention these are not 1-2 hour side missions, you can easily spend nearly as much time going through the DLC as you did through the main campaign.

Except Mad Moxxi. That DLC was terrible, but the other 3 were so good that it more than makes up for it. Borderlands is a great example of DLC done properly.

Also your enjoyment of the game will go up tenfold if you play through co-op with a friend. There are hours and hours and hours of great co-op play in here.

Thanks for the input guys

#206 neuropolis

neuropolis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

Well if you want to get that technical, then I can easily sell both my vanilla copy of Borderlands and the Double Add-On Pack for $10 total (I don't have the other 2 DLC's yet)... so really it'd mean I got the game for $4.99 :-P

In which case, bravo! That's a hell of a deal.

#207 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

I thought the PS3 dropped to $249 recently. Why is this one higher?
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#208 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

Borderlands GOTY for 19.99 is a hell of a deal to bad I got mine over a year ago for the same price...

#209 VidPower

VidPower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Quick, can anyone tell just from the cover art on Amazon if it is the version with the DLC on disk, or is it the one with the DLC as download tokens.

Help! There's only 29 mins left!
Don't drink and drive. You might spill the beer.

#210 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

Quick, can anyone tell just from the cover art on Amazon if it is the version with the DLC on disk, or is it the one with the DLC as download tokens.

Help! There's only 29 mins left!

No clue, man. I just purchased a "Platinum Hits" edition game new the other day, and they gave me the standard. So frankly, it's a toss up no matter what cover is up.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause: