Sony Rewards Blu-ray/DVD Points thread

• Please log in to reply
816 replies to this topic

#391 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

I created a Facebook just to do promotional stuff like this but apparently you need at least 17 friends to do the Evil Dead thing. Oh well...

#392 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

I created a Facebook just to do promotional stuff like this but apparently you need at least 17 friends to do the Evil Dead thing. Oh well...

That's really dumb. I only have a fb account for stuff like this.

#393 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

That's really dumb. I only have a fb account for stuff like this.

You guys should become friends and find 15 others who only use facebook for promotional stuff.

#394 jgiovanni

jgiovanni

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Zero Dark Thirty from BR UKF9PZ8Y

jgiovanni.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#395 Teujip

Teujip

Once upon a CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

thank you!
Posted Image

#396 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever

The Cars Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

I wanted to check if I am missing something on the Evil Dead points - do you have to have Facebook to get the 50 points? For Looper and Spiderman this was not the case, but I am not seeing anywhere to logon to get 'credit' for watching the video. I expect I am just been a doofus and am missing something so any help would be appreciated.

#397 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

I wanted to check if I am missing something on the Evil Dead points - do you have to have Facebook to get the 50 points? For Looper and Spiderman this was not the case, but I am not seeing anywhere to logon to get 'credit' for watching the video. I expect I am just been a doofus and am missing something so any help would be appreciated.

Did you get the 200 points without facebook? I can't even do anything because it says I need facebook and 17 friends on my list.

#398 Vandalia

Vandalia

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

how do you join? do the points reset?

#399 Teujip

Teujip

Once upon a CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

how do you join? do the points reset?

Registration link is in the OP. (nice bold and orange word Registration ;))
As far as the points resetting: yes they do. They have a longer lifespan if you are a sony/playstation card member (you also accumulate more points, and have access to some exclusive rewrds, like the PSN/SEN e-cards, if I am not mistaken)
Posted Image

#400 FJO

FJO

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Thanks.

#401 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever

The Cars Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Did you get the 200 points without facebook? I can't even do anything because it says I need facebook and 17 friends on my list.

I don't have Facebook at all, but thought you would get 50 points for viewing the video. I don't see a way to get credit without logging in with a Facebook account. I was hoping there was something I was missing though and could still get the 50 points similar to the Looper and Spiderman promos.

#402 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

That 17 friends thing is lame. Is it really worth selling out my real Facebook account for about $2.50 in points?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#403 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

That 17 friends thing is lame. Is it really worth selling out my real Facebook account for about $2.50 in points?

What selling out? Let it post to your account. Then go on to your wall and delete said post. That's what I did. It was only visible to my friends for the 10 seconds it took me to delete it.

#404 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

What selling out? Let it post to your account. Then go on to your wall and delete said post. That's what I did. It was only visible to my friends for the 10 seconds it took me to delete it.

Yup, that's what I did too. I'll FB like anyone to get something free, then unlike when I get the freebie.
If its free, its for me!!

#405 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Good point guys. Done and done.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#406 FadeToDark

FadeToDark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Whenever I agree to let anything post to facebook I use the little settings tab and make it only visible to me. That way my friends don't have to see anything I do that may be spam and I don't have to delete every little thing I do. If I want to delete it I can do it when I have time and no one will be the wiser.

#407 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

Hm.. I only ended up receiving 30 points (15 initial, 15 for the FB share) from the Looper video thing that's mentioned in the OP. Did they reduce the point value, ro did I do something wrong? I watched the video, completed the six survey segments, and shared on Facebook.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#408 Tacosss

Tacosss

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

of my 2076 points, it says 361 are expiring on 3/31/2013. Is this the only time this year(2013-2014) those points will expire and do I still get to keep my other 1650+ points for now? Sorry for the question. I thought that all the points expired on 3/31 of each year

#409 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

• If you don't have a Sony Card / PlayStation®Card: You earn Sony Rewards points on a calendar year basis. You can use your points at any time during the year they were earned and also for an additional three-month period in the following year. This means your points from the previous calendar year expire on March 31.
    For example, let's say you earn 10,000 Sony Rewards points in 2012. You use 5,000 of your points before the end of December, leaving 5,000 points unused at the start of 2013. You will have until March 31, 2013, to use the remaining 5,000 points that you earned in 2012. And, if you wish, you can combine these points with the points you earn from January to March 2013. At the end of March 2013, your unused Sony Rewards points from 2012 will expire — but any points you have earned in 2013 can still be used throughout the year 2013 and also for an additional three months in 2014.
  • If you have a Sony Card/PlayStation®Card: As a cardmember, your Sony Rewards points will expire 5 years from the end of the month in which they were earned. Points are redeemed on a first in/first out basis, so you have plenty of time to select the Sony Rewards item that interests you most.

If its free, its for me!!

#410 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hm.. I only ended up receiving 30 points (15 initial, 15 for the FB share) from the Looper video thing that's mentioned in the OP. Did they reduce the point value, ro did I do something wrong? I watched the video, completed the six survey segments, and shared on Facebook.

Yes, they did lower it.

#411 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Yes, they did lower it.

Ahh, alright.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#412 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Might want to update the OP, but now it says maximum disc registration of 3 per month now.

Just tried, and got that error message.

Also just noticed you can earn up to 250 points for interacting with the Evil Dead app through facebook. You need a minimum of 17 friends.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#413 Sauron96

Sauron96

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

Very Off-Topic - but you are good people here... :)

So I've had a Playstation card for two billing cycles, and it was advertised as getting 3X points on "mobile bill, quick serve restaurants etc" - I have several purchases that should have qualified but it looks like the points come over from Capital One to Sony in one giant pot rather than by individual purchases. Does anyone else have this card, do you get the points you're supposed to? Does it take longer that 1-2 billing cycles?

I'm aware there's customer service numbers for this but I just wanted to ask some real people before I get put in the phone circle of "You need to call Sony Rewards" from a Cap One rep and "You need to call Cap One" from a Sony rep.

Thank for any info.

#414 Bluecomputerpro

Bluecomputerpro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

Does anyone else have this card, do you get the points you're supposed to? Does it take longer that 1-2 billing cycles?

Thank for any info.

i too have this card and was wondering about the transfer period. it took me about 45 days before they transferred. but you need to make sure your register with sony rewards and link your accounts. hope this helps
May the ghost of Cheap Ass past guide us on our path to CAG greatness

#415 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

So I've had a Playstation card for two billing cycles, and it was advertised as getting 3X points on "mobile bill, quick serve restaurants etc" - I have several purchases that should have qualified but it looks like the points come over from Capital One to Sony in one giant pot rather than by individual purchases. Does anyone else have this card, do you get the points you're supposed to? Does it take longer that 1-2 billing cycles?

I'm aware there's customer service numbers for this but I just wanted to ask some real people before I get put in the phone circle of "You need to call Sony Rewards" from a Cap One rep and "You need to call Cap One" from a Sony rep.

Thank for any info.

I've got the PlayStation Visa CapitalOne card. With my account, any purchases made during one month will result in their bonuses (cashback) appearing on the following month's statement. So my mobile phone bill paid this month will have its 3% back in Sony Rewards points appear on the following statement (for use on next month).

I wish that Sony Rewards/CapitalOne would break out which transactions qualified for what cashback/SR points totals. I'm still not sure if fast food restaurants like McDonalds count as "quick serve restaurants", as sometimes when I try totaling up the amount of SR points I should be getting based on a monthly statement, they don't quite add up correctly. I'm just glad that any PSN purchases always get back 10% as SR points :)

#416 Tacosss

Tacosss

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

• If you don't have a Sony Card / PlayStation®Card: You earn Sony Rewards points on a calendar year basis. You can use your points at any time during the year they were earned and also for an additional three-month period in the following year. This means your points from the previous calendar year expire on March 31.
    For example, let's say you earn 10,000 Sony Rewards points in 2012. You use 5,000 of your points before the end of December, leaving 5,000 points unused at the start of 2013. You will have until March 31, 2013, to use the remaining 5,000 points that you earned in 2012. And, if you wish, you can combine these points with the points you earn from January to March 2013. At the end of March 2013, your unused Sony Rewards points from 2012 will expire — but any points you have earned in 2013 can still be used throughout the year 2013 and also for an additional three months in 2014.

But I earned like 600 points in 2012. Why would it say only 361 points are expiring?

#417 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever

The Cars Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

Just a reminder that a chunk of your points may be expiring in a few days (3/31). If you have a Sony Card or a PlayStation®Card registered with your account then it is likely you have longer. Time to make use of them before they go away if they are expiring. I really didn't find much of interest, but will end up getting a couple gift cards. Can't argue with a free meal!

You can see what points are expiring and when by clicking MY ACCOUNT in the top right of the Sony Rewards site and then MY TRANSACTIONS on the menu. Near the top of the transaction list, you will see a breakout of points similar to the following:

My points: 2,000
Points on hold: 0
Points expiring on 03/31/2013: 1,200

Just make sure to use up the points expiring before the expiration date!

#418 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever

The Cars Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Just needed to bitch about this program a little. A few days ago there were a bunch of gift cards that showed as available. When I went to redeem for them yesterday all showed as "not available" when adding them to the cart. There was no unavailable or sold out notation on the item itself, only when attempting to add it to the cart. Now virtually all gift cards can only be redeemed if you have a Sony Card.

I am sure it is a pure coincidence that this change occurred in the last few days that non-Sony Card rewards members can redeem their points from last year. It is really crappy to do this.

All of this said, I am using my points to purchase a couple overpriced 3D Blu Rays from the Sony Store. I would have preferred to use the points for gift cards, but I am definitely not letting the points expire. Even though the prices are high, I am only having to cough up a few bucks for one and nothing for the other.

#419 walterdude

walterdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

I've literally only registered 5 discs... And now it says I've reached the maximum disc registerations wtf?

#420 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

I've literally only registered 5 discs... And now it says I've reached the maximum disc registerations wtf?

How lar apart were the registrations?