Sony Rewards Blu-ray/DVD Points thread

• Please log in to reply
807 replies to this topic

#541 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

Yup, I've only got about $10 in rewards held up in there and it's only going up as I use my Playstation Card. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until November to cancel and be done with it. I have both next gen systems reserved for store pick up at Best Buy with the card and they periodically do a preauthorization charge. 

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#542 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Look for the IMEI registration to go live sometime too. This link www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/imei_registration/ redirects to the sony rewards homepage. It would give an error if it wasn't a correct link. Good if you plan to get the Xperia Z coming soon to T-mobile (or cough cough use the store model IMEI cough cough)

#543 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever

The Cars Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:37 AM

I am looking at using some of my Sony rewards points towards a gift card for a gift (friend's son).  Is the Sony Store Gift Card usable as a Playstation card?  I don't see any other gift cards on the store or in Sony Rewards and believe this was said previously.  I would hate to purchase this card only to find it was only usable at the Sony Store.

#544 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

I am looking at using some of my Sony rewards points towards a gift card for a gift (friend's son).  Is the Sony Store Gift Card usable as a Playstation card?  I don't see any other gift cards on the store or in Sony Rewards and believe this was said previously.  I would hate to purchase this card only to find it was only usable at the Sony Store.

It's only usable "online, in stores and at Sony Factory Outlets", so yeah they're not the same as a PlayStation Network card or Sony Entertainment Network card.  However, since the Sony Rewards site has become so limiting on what you can redeem your SR points for, the Sony Store seems to be a great alternative once you login with your SR account.  I've used some of my SR points towards a PS4 game (Infamous 3) preorder.  Too bad you can't purchased PSN cards on the Sony Store, as that would have been able to solve your situation.

#545 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever

The Cars Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

It's only usable "online, in stores and at Sony Factory Outlets", so yeah they're not the same as a PlayStation Network card or Sony Entertainment Network card.  However, since the Sony Rewards site has become so limiting on what you can redeem your SR points for, the Sony Store seems to be a great alternative once you login with your SR account.  I've used some of my SR points towards a PS4 game (Infamous 3) preorder.  Too bad you can't purchased PSN cards on the Sony Store, as that would have been able to solve your situation.

Thanks for the info.  I suspected this was the case.  In the past I had used Sony Reward points at the Sony Store to get Blu Rays since they used to have a decent selection - even if a bit overpriced.  I just hoped to use them for gift cards, but obviously that isn't happening.  Hopefully the selection will get a little better before too long.

#546 Sindur

Sindur

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:36 AM

New Code: Evil Dead (Blu-Ray): TX58L9CK

#547 Teujip

Teujip

Once upon a CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

New Code: Evil Dead (Blu-Ray): TX58L9CK

Thanks!

Posted Image

#548 plastik3000

plastik3000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

You can use your points at http://store.sony.com/ on PS4 items. I had enough points to get the PS4 camera for free.

#549 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

You can use your points at http://store.sony.com/ on PS4 items. I had enough points to get the PS4 camera for free.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I will be able to save up enough for a camera or extra controller by the time it releases.

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#550 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

I prefer to purchase at authorized retailer and submit the form. You get retailer specific points (like reward zone, powerup etc.) and you get it sooner.

edit: I actually usually triple dip. Mypoints/fat wallet + GCU/PUR + Sony Rewards.

#551 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

I prefer to purchase at authorized retailer and submit the form. You get retailer specific points (like reward zone, powerup etc.) and you get it sooner.

It's only worth it if the total is over $50 or so, the cost of a stamp erases the value of anything less than that.  I really wish they had an electronic submission page on the rewards website.

#552 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

It's only worth it if the total is over $50 or so, the cost of a stamp erases the value of anything less than that.  I really wish they had an electronic submission page on the rewards website.

5% back takes care of the stamp anything $10 and over. They don't do electronic because of how much of a deterrent the physical is. People just avoid it or forget.

#553 Hiroshou

Hiroshou

You bred Raptors!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

Can this be combined with GC for that specific retailer? Lets say I purchase a PS4 from Gamestop or Amazon and I use $200 in credit and pay the other $200 out of pocket. When I submit my form will they just deduct the $200 worth of points from my account or the full amount?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#554 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

Can this be combined with GC for that specific retailer? Lets say I purchase a PS4 from Gamestop or Amazon and I use $200 in credit and pay the other $200 out of pocket. When I submit my form will they just deduct the $200 worth of points from my account or the full amount?

You'll get purchase credit and/or bonus points on the amount actually charged to the card. So if you submit a form for the PS4 and 200 is charged to your card, you'll get credit against that amount for however many points your account has (up to full value). If you do bonus points, you'll get that 200 times whatever multiplier is applicable (3x to 5x most likely).

#555 Hiroshou

Hiroshou

You bred Raptors!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

You'll get purchase credit and/or bonus points on the amount actually charged to the card. So if you submit a form for the PS4 and 200 is charged to your card, you'll get credit against that amount for however many points your account has (up to full value). If you do bonus points, you'll get that 200 times whatever multiplier is applicable (3x to 5x most likely).

Awesome I got around 15k in reward points. By the time the PS4 is out I should be able to take a good chunk out of it with points. Thanks for the info.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#556 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

New game for Elysium. 50 points for playing, 200 for sharing on FB (set visibility to you only if you care)

http://www.itsbetter...me/safepassage/

#557 Sindur

Sindur

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

New game for Elysium. 50 points for playing, 200 for sharing on FB (set visibility to you only if you care)

Cool! Thanks for letting us know! You don't even have to actually play the game to get the points!

#558 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

Cool! Thanks for letting us know! You don't even have to actually play the game to get the points!

Yes, I found that out. Just connect with Facebook to get 50, then share for the other 200.

#559 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

No problem getting the points w/o playing the game.  Thanks!!

If its free, its for me!!

#560 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

where is the facebook link? All I see is Play and Help plus the sound toggle.

#561 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

where is the facebook link? All I see is Play and Help plus the sound toggle.

You just need to click on SHARE on the bottom-right, then login to your Sony Rewards account.  On the "Congratulations you were awarded 50 point" page there's a Facbook button, click on that to post to your FB wall to get the extra 200 points.

#562 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

You just need to click on SHARE on the bottom-right, then login to your Sony Rewards account.  On the "Congratulations you were awarded 50 point" page there's a Facbook button, click on that to post to your FB wall to get the extra 200 points.

k, thanks. Had to try a different web browser to see the share button.

#563 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:37 AM

New code:

THE CALL (bluray) - 2RUTZ355

got it from this thread: http://w11.zetaboard...pic/7728313/20/

#564 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

$20 and $50 Sony Entertainment cards are back in stock. Everybody go go go!

I am wondering whether these are going to sell out quickly or not. I have about $13 worth of points, but should be expecting another couple bucks worth coming from this months credit card spending. Decisions decisions.

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#565 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

Thanks. Added this to the op, as well as the codes that were posted since the last update. You don't evenhave to play the Elysium game btw, just hit the "Share" link at the bottom of the game window, log in to get 50 pts, and share on facebook for another 200. Easy.

#566 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

I am wondering whether these are going to sell out quickly or not. I have about $13 worth of points, but should be expecting another couple bucks worth coming from this months credit card spending. Decisions decisions.

SoE cards or PSN cards?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#567 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

Well unless I am mistaken, the $20 is already sold out. Boo.

#568 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up.  Just picked up the $50 card.

Posted Image

#569 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Well unless I am mistaken, the $20 is already sold out. Boo.

Not showing as sold out for me. I have one sitting in my cart. Still debating on pulling the trigger.

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#570 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the SEN cards.  I think I'll hold off though, saving up to use my points towards a PS4 game on the Sony Store later :)