Sony Rewards Blu-ray/DVD Points thread

• Please log in to reply
806 replies to this topic

#181 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

I'd say there's a huge difference between applying a multi-use code to your account and making multiple accounts with the sole purpose of reaping as many $10 PSN/SEN codes as you can. The SEN codes appear to be a recent addition and it's clear that it's probably been abused since they took down the $10 ones already. Prior to that, just about everything else in the store was overpriced and you likely had to pay money out of pocket to get what you wanted, which I have personally done recently myself. I wont get into this too much, but personally, I do think Sony should smarten up and be like Disney and use unique codes for every copy of their movies

#182 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

I am going to side with the "Forgot to make it cardmember exclusive" camp.

Not even SD knew about it. Also 24 hours doesn't seem like enough time for people to abuse it.

#183 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Friend wanted in on some of the Sony goodness and it looks like they set a limit for how many dvds you can register at one time.

Looks like the fun is done for some.

Spoiler

Just incase anybody says I tried to sign up again and there was no friend.

Edited by doodmandood, 17 July 2012 - 07:39 PM.

#184 AllFrankedUp

AllFrankedUp

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

I'd say there's a huge difference between applying a multi-use code to your account and making multiple accounts with the sole purpose of reaping as many $10 PSN/SEN codes as you can. The SEN codes appear to be a recent addition and it's clear that it's probably been abused since they took down the $10 ones already. Prior to that, just about everything else in the store was overpriced and you likely had to pay money out of pocket to get what you wanted, which I have personally done recently myself. I wont get into this too much, but personally, I do think Sony should smarten up and be like Disney and use unique codes for every copy of their movies

Says the guy who created this thread meant to milk and abuse the sony rewards program.

648665.png

#185 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

Reading isn't your strong-point I see.

#186 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

This thread kinda died didn't it?

#187 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hard to have updates when nothing new has come out...

The next one to be released is The Pirates! Band of Misfits which comes out Aug. 28th

#188 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

Oh ok. Just making sure nobody was mad at each other. We are all friends here.

#189 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

FAQs now state three discs per month. Ouch.

#190 Cheapskate

Cheapskate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:35 AM

Do Sony Cardholders still get 45 points instead of 30 points? And do Playstation Cards count for this as well, or only Sony Cards specifically?

#191 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

Community Season 3 DVD - K6EBUP7C

#192 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever

The Cars Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

I am sure this is to slow down the sharing of codes, but three per month! Even three per week would be rough, but 3 per month is pretty...well...weak.

#193 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Thanks!

#194 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

I am sure this is to slow down the sharing of codes, but three per month! Even three per week would be rough, but 3 per month is pretty...well...weak.

I guess it sucks for people new to this, but it really won't have an impact on people that have been doing all the codes as they come in as they rarely even have 3 new codes a month to enter.

#195 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

Whoops I've been slacking. I just entered 3 codes. Thanks guys! I haven't entered any for a couple of months.

#196 Teujip

Teujip

Once upon a CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

Thank you!
Posted Image

#197 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

Tweet or call them and tell them to fix it.

It's lame and scares new people away.

#198 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

ouch, can sony make this card even worse?
(probably, next month, the limit will probably be three discs per decade)

#199 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever

The Cars Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

Tweet or call them and tell them to fix it.

It's lame and scares new people away.

I agree - what if you just got a new blu ray player and are stocking up on BD movies? Instead of creating a program that is somewhat resistant to being abused they make it onerous to participate.

All of this said, I was able to enter another 3 codes today (entered 3 codes yesterday). Won't know until tomorrow, but maybe it is 3 per day or week as opposed to 3 per month.

#200 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

They should just limit non card holders. They are getting something for nothing.

#201 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

ouch, can sony make this card even worse?
(probably, next month, the limit will probably be three discs per decade)

Maybe Sony should make every code one-time use only to shut people like you up. We should be grateful that the system allows us to pretty much get something for nothing. Plus, you should direct your anger at the losers, some probably in this thread, who abused that system to make multiple accounts with these multi-use codes to harvest $10 PSN codes. The timing of those two things are not a coincidence. The system as it is is flawed in my opinion, but they obviously are aware of the fact that the codes are multi-use and have not changed it. At the same time, they also extended a hand of good faith, hoping it wouldn't get abused to the extent that it likely has.. I'd say the same kind of thing happened with PSN Game sharing, and the abuse of that good faith eventually forced Sony's hand to limit that. Sony gets the hate, but it's the bad apples that ruin it for everyone.

#202 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever

The Cars Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

I was able to enter another 3 codes today (entered 3 codes yesterday). Won't know until tomorrow, but maybe it is 3 per day or week as opposed to 3 per month.

I was able to enter three codes on Friday, Saturday and Monday but not Sunday. Not sure why I couldn't enter codes on Sunday - maybe it wasn't a full 24 hours when I tried - but it looks like three per day and not three per month. At least for now...

#203 yayawoo

yayawoo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

Thank you.

#204 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

I was able to do 3 more today (Ghost rider)

#205 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever

The Cars Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

I was able to do 3 more today (Ghost rider)

I wasn't able to enter any yesterday and only one today. Still better than three per month, but it seems pretty inconsistent.

#206 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever

The Cars Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

I was able to enter three codes on Friday, Saturday and Monday but not Sunday. Not sure why I couldn't enter codes on Sunday - maybe it wasn't a full 24 hours when I tried - but it looks like three per day and not three per month. At least for now...

It has been about a week since I could enter any new codes. It is weird, but for most of a week I could enter 3 codes a day and now I have not been able to enter any for the following week.

#207 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

I wasn't able to enter any yesterday and only one today. Still better than three per month, but it seems pretty inconsistent.

Still says three per month. We need to band together and make them change it back.

I talked to @SonySupportUSA on Twitter about it and here was what they said:

"I'm not sure why they have it setup like that but I will pass this along to their team in hopes of a future change. -Amanda J"

It's atleast a response. If more people bring attention to it they might change it.

#208 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

If they can get it to work right, I would have no problems with a three-per-day limit. That would cut down on people creating fake accounts. Three-per-month, though, that is too restricted.

#209 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

The Pirates! Band of Misfits Blu-Ray UU9W7CJY

#210 FJO

FJO

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

The Pirates! Band of Misfits Blu-Ray UU9W7CJY