Photo
- - - - -

Buy 2, Get 1 Free Video Game Sale at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
414 replies to this topic

#331 guessed

guessed

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Everybody seems to be saying that. Does my local Target just suck, then? I went in last weekend and they only had a small number of games as part of the B2G1F. Tales/Abyss wasn't one of them. Also they had exactly 2 Vita titles. Neither of which was included in B2G1F.

How did your local Target manage to exclude games from the B2G1F?
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#332 elvis731

elvis731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Both the Targets in my area have a great selection and I was able to pick up the games I wanted from them: The Show 12 for the Vita, RE Revelations and Snake Eater for the 3DS.

#333 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

Dissidia 012
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Chrono Trigger
The World Ends with You
Punch-Out
Rune Factory 3

Pokemon White
Super Mario 3D Land
Radiant Historia

Plenty of deals to be had.

Where's Deus Ex for $60? You're doing it wrong. You are supposed to find games that you already bought for less than $20, post it, then whine about Amazon. Sheesh!

#334 KingXtreme81

KingXtreme81

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

Grabbed (yesterday) for $97.89:

Silent Hill Downpour (360)
Silent Hill HD Collection (360)
Jak & Daxter HD Collection

Now playing:

PS4 - nothing; PS3 - Minecraft, Mass Effect; Vita - The Walking Dead

Xbox One - Titanfall

Wii U - nothing; 3DS - Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

PC - nothing

#335 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

They're price matching Target. Target has these games for these prices.

You guys gotta get over it.

I was thinking this as well. Not to mention its pretty easy to trip over amazon credit/gift cards.

#336 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

How did your local Target manage to exclude games from the B2G1F?

I am sure I do not know. The guy said it was only good on games that had the special red sticker/tag thing next to the display copy. Not very many of them had it. Perhaps my store's management chose not to participate in the promotion? Can they do that?

#337 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

I am sure I do not know. The guy said it was only good on games that had the special red sticker/tag thing next to the display copy. Not very many of them had it. Perhaps my store's management chose not to participate in the promotion? Can they do that?

He was ill informed. Did you actually try to ring up any 3 games? Cause i'm 99.9999% sure it would have worked.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#338 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

I have never had to return an item from Amazon that was part of a buy games get one free.Does anyone know how that works with Amazon if a game had to be returned?
Let me state I am not asking because I want to return a game for no reason but to get money back, I am asking because I wanted to know their policy on a sale if a game had to be returned for a valid reason.
Thanks everyone

They pro-rate the discount between the three games. So, you will only get the pro-rated amount back for whatever you return. It's basically the same as Target in that respect although if you return something due to your fault, they make you pay return shipping and won't refund any shipping you may have paid initially.

#339 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

For those looking for a third $60 game *and* looking to buy a 12 month XBL card or 1600 point cards, Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge comes with a $30 credit for the 12 month XBL card or 1600 point card. It also trades in for $16. Assuming one buys 3 $60 games, you'll pay $40 for the game and get $30 in XBL credit and can trade it in for $16. Not a big money maker but more of a filler.

#340 PopCall

PopCall

Proud Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

At first, I thought this sale blew too, but I ended up picking up the following for 25.00 each after the B2G1 discount.

Dark Souls (360), Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

Overall, hard to find three for a lot of people though, in particular if your game library already has some of the titles.

#341 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

He was ill informed. Did you actually try to ring up any 3 games? Cause i'm 99.9999% sure it would have worked.

I would have but they didn't have any of the titles in stock that I was after -- no Tales of the Abyss, no Silent Hill HD Collec, and nothing I wanted for Vita. So I didn't bother.

#342 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

Abstaining from that shit altogether sounds like a nice idea if you are frugal. Yet another version of Blazuie is hardly exciting, and Fuck Capcom.

I'm the same way. $100 is a lot for three games. I'd wait until they hit much lower prices like $10-$15 range. Hey, I'm cheap. ;)

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#343 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

I wish Amazon had the Devil May Cry HD collection as part of the promo.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check out my Gaming Stream.

#344 dallow

dallow

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

My games arrived today. yay.

#345 Rebelphoenix

Rebelphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

They raised the prices on all the games to do this sale. What a kick in the nuts.

#346 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

my games arrived today. Yay.

yay!
Posted Image

#347 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:49 AM

dumb question, i know it says on the rules that's only 1 per costumer but has anyone tried getting 2 orders? ( 6 games total ) im on my way home and i would like to know this

#348 infidex

infidex

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:06 AM

My 6 vita games were received today, most of the prices were not great but it was a good deal for Vita owners as all of these games are still mostly full price. Picked up 3 $40 games and 3 $30 games for 140, will keep me busy for a while.

I did it on two orders, so for whoever asked if you can do 6, not sure if you can do on one order, but I was able to on 2 seperate orders.

#349 GamerDooD

GamerDooD

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:47 AM

It's a good list with new games that launched just last week...but NG3 and RE:ORC at full price is too much based on the quality of them.

I shall wait.

#350 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:49 AM

Went with:

Tales of Abyss (3DS)
Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3)

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP)
Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (PSP)
Fishing Resort (Wii)

#351 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

Went with:

Tales of Abyss (3DS)
Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3)

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP)
Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (PSP)
Fishing Resort (Wii)

I got fishing resort too, with the rod. Saw it was part of the deal so I picked up that and 2 other $20 games.

#352 tuklaw

tuklaw

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

dumb question, i know it says on the rules that's only 1 per costumer but has anyone tried getting 2 orders? ( 6 games total ) im on my way home and i would like to know this

No, it won't let you. I tried getting 2 copies of Tales of the Abyss but I got an error during checkout.

#353 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

At this point, it's probably unlikely that Amazon would add more games to the list right?

There's literally nothing I want to pair with Radiant Historia and Devil Survivor 2 from the list. If they'd only add DS Overclocked, I'd buy all three right this second :-(

Guess it's time to hope for some additions or a price drop for Fate/Extra LE to $30

#354 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Ended up buying Zelda: TP, Assassin's Creed 2, and Mass Effect for $39.95 in Amazon credit.

Only really wanted Assassins Creed 2, so I'll be trading in Zelda and ME. Ended up costing me $10.60 in Amazon credit after all was said and done

#355 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

They always put the same condition, but early last year I remember placing two separate orders and the discount applied with no problem in both.
And if it does not let you do that, try to create another account.
Posted Image

#356 seraph011

seraph011

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

They raised the prices on all the games to do this sale. What a kick in the nuts.

yeah..feel the same way. Most of the games you can get a lot cheaper with all the other sale going on that it pretty much beats the B2G1. Not bad though if you'r after the games that haven't dropped in price, i.e ME3. :)

#357 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

Did some more research and now I'm wondering if Kirby Mass Attack has ever gone on sale?

I saw that Kmart dropped it to 19.99 for a week during Christmas season but couldn't find anything else. If that's the lowest it's ever been, I might use Kirby to fill out my order if nothing new pops up.

#358 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

I got fishing resort too, with the rod. Saw it was part of the deal so I picked up that and 2 other $20 games.

hell yeah, high five! :D

#359 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

I think I've settled on Super Mario 3D Land, Tales of the Abyss 3DS and a copy of Resident Evil: Revelations to then sell because I don't want it but I couldn't find a third game

#360 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

I think I've settled on Super Mario 3D Land, Tales of the Abyss 3DS and a copy of Resident Evil: Revelations to then sell because I don't want it but I couldn't find a third game

I believe Super Mario will end up being your "Free" game... If that's the case you could simply return RE:R and they will refund you and it will not affect the B2G1 free deal.