Buy 2, Get 1 Free Video Game Sale at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
414 replies to this topic

#361 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

I believe Super Mario will end up being your "Free" game... If that's the case you could simply return RE:R and they will refund you and it will not affect the B2G1 free deal.

I don't think it works that way?

#362 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

I don't think it works that way?

it does not. don't know what that guy is smoking.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#363 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

it does not. don't know what that guy is smoking.

I actually did this for the Vita B2G1 and it worked. If you check your invoice and as long as they did not take the promo from each game it will work. The same with the WiFi Vita and "free" 4GB memory card. I returned the memory card and got credited back the $20 and still got the $20 promo they gave out.

It's not something I set out to do, but it worked out in both instances... I did not want one of the games I got and it was not the "free" game, so I returned it and got refunded. I wanted the 32GB card, so I returned the 4GB and got refunded. I guess YMMV, but I know from personal experience that it has worked in the past.

#364 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

I actually did this for the Vita B2G1 and it worked. If you check your invoice and as long as they did not take the promo from each game it will work. The same with the WiFi Vita and "free" 4GB memory card. I returned the memory card and got credited back the $20 and still got the $20 promo they gave out.

It's not something I set out to do, but it worked out in both instances... I did not want one of the games I got and it was not the "free" game, so I returned it and got refunded. I wanted the 32GB card, so I returned the 4GB and got refunded. I guess YMMV, but I know from personal experience that it has worked in the past.

on the order it applies a promo discount but doesn't change any of the games individual prices

#365 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Don't abuse it too much, amazon will eventually catch on.

#366 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

I don't know what happened in your case but B2G1 frees get prorated per game and when you return a game you only get the proration back.

e.g. 3 three $60 games, if you return one, you get $40 back.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#367 rockx4

rockx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

I don't know what happened in your case but B2G1 frees get prorated per game and when you return a game you only get the proration back.

Yep, I see a discount on each game on my b2g1 order. None of the games are "free".

#368 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

I don't know why, but on my Vita B2G1 the games were priced normally and below the total was section for "Promo Applied" and then minus the amount of the "free game". It may have been because my order included items other than the games themselves, but I don't know. I was not trying to abuse the system, I just had a change of heart on one of the games so I returned it.

#369 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

After mulling over this sale for a few days, I think there's only one game that I'd want (RE:R), and I wouldn't mind getting two other games to sell in an effort to recoup the cost, but is there anything in this sale besides Tales of the Abyss (:3ds:) that would be an easy item to sell? I tried buying two copies of TotA, but Amazon says I'm limited to one copy. :\

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#370 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

hell yeah, high five! :D

Got it today, rod is actually pretty cool. Game's pretty fun as well!

#371 Shimmerz

Shimmerz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

After mulling over this sale for a few days, I think there's only one game that I'd want (RE:R), and I wouldn't mind getting two other games to sell in an effort to recoup the cost, but is there anything in this sale besides Tales of the Abyss (:3ds:) that would be an easy item to sell? I tried buying two copies of TotA, but Amazon says I'm limited to one copy. :\

Redbox Resident Evil if you can, easily can beat it in one night.

#372 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

Redbox Resident Evil if you can, easily can beat it in one night.

How do you redbox a 3ds game?
Posted Image

#373 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

How do you redbox a 3ds game?

I think he was talking about Operation Raccoon City.

#374 TotalHenshin

TotalHenshin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:51 AM

I got Tales of the Abyss, Silent Hill HD (360), and Dragon Quest VI. I really wish they had offered Tales of Graces f, but getting those 3 games for $80 wasn't too bad.

#375 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

anyone get BB to PM this deal or tryed to

#376 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

anyone get BB to PM this deal or tryed to

Not worth it to try. I am pretty sure it is explicitly stated in many places they don't PM websites.

You may be able to try and get them to price match target's but that is YMMV.

#377 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

I really can't decide but what do you think of these three choices? MLB the show (PS3), Tale of the Abyss, and Red Dead Redemption Complete Edition.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#378 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

I really can't decide but what do you think of these three choices? MLB the show (PS3), Tale of the Abyss, and Red Dead Redemption Complete Edition.

Terrible from a fiscal point of view.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#379 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Need input for a 3rd game. Getting Raymon origins (ps3) and Metal gear solid HD (360). I need something in that price range, I also have a wii and a 3ds. I think my problem comes with the fact that I am planning on getting tales of grace f and(or) Xenoxblade Chronicles soon, so I don't wanna get anything heavy duty. Rayman I will play casually with the wife in her free time, and Metal Gear is more nostalgia related.

#380 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Terrible from a fiscal point of view.

Is it really? The Show usually takes a few months to dip down to what the savings are here and baseball season is starting, Abyss might not really come down (including used) and if it does it could take a year or two like formerly rare DS RPG's, and you get a lot with Red Dead Complete which I don't believe has had any crazy deals yet (lowest on Amazon was $10 off the current MSRP).

Edited by Prismatico, 31 March 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#381 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Is it really? The Show usually takes a few months to dip down to what the savings are here and baseball season is starting, Abyss might not really come down (including used) and if it does it could take a year or two like formerly rare DS RPG's, and you get a lot with Red Dead Complete which I don't believe has had any crazy deals yet (lowest on Amazon was $10 off).

Red Dead is on sale for $30 right Now.

#382 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

I see they removed SSX from the deal...oh well.

#383 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

Red Dead is on sale for $30 right Now.

I see $36, which doesn't put it far from the net savings here regardless. Also, I meant the current MSRP when I said the lowest was $10 off ($30).

Getting The Show and Abyss for that same net price, however, is well worth it and the bonus of a content heavy game+DLC like Red Dead makes me wonder how that's a terrible deal at this point in time, that's all. Factor in the possibility of free shipping/no tax for some people, and I'd want to buy that combo myself if I didn't already own two of the games.

#384 GtotheA

GtotheA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

does anyone know if they will honor this deal if i bought 2 games last saturday?

#385 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

does anyone know if they will honor this deal if i bought 2 games last saturday?

Doubtful, that was before the target sale was even live. You are welcome to try, and they may honor it, but I am sure it will flag your account. Amazon has some of the BEST customer service out there, and I really wouldn't want to take advantage of them.

What you could do is, just rebuy the two games you got with the third you want, then return the ones you purchased last saturday. And if you opened them already I am sure you can just return the new ones you will get.

#386 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

they don't take kindly to too many returns. My personal theory is that returns are the #1 reason to get banned. Especially "defective" returns.

I actually bought 2 of the 19.99 games last week and considered chatting with them but I figure it's not worth the hassle.

Ees7Y.jpg

#387 TotalHenshin

TotalHenshin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Need input for a 3rd game. Getting Raymon origins (ps3) and Metal gear solid HD (360). I need something in that price range, I also have a wii and a 3ds. I think my problem comes with the fact that I am planning on getting tales of grace f and(or) Xenoxblade Chronicles soon, so I don't wanna get anything heavy duty. Rayman I will play casually with the wife in her free time, and Metal Gear is more nostalgia related.

Why not get the 3DS version of Tales of the Abyss? That way you can get your Tales fix, and in all honesty, Xenoblade will last you a long time and is claimed to be the best JRPG of this generation. I really want Tales of Graces f, but if I had to choose, I'd pick up Xenoblade over it. Besides, by the time you finish Xenoblade, Graces will have dropped in price on Amazon or somewhere else (whether for a sale or permanent price drop).

#388 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

Why not get the 3DS version of Tales of the Abyss? That way you can get your Tales fix, and in all honesty, Xenoblade will last you a long time and is claimed to be the best JRPG of this generation. I really want Tales of Graces f, but if I had to choose, I'd pick up Xenoblade over it. Besides, by the time you finish Xenoblade, Graces will have dropped in price on Amazon or somewhere else (whether for a sale or permanent price drop).

I was thinking of getting tales, but I am not sure how much I will actually play it. I haven't touched my 3ds since last summer. Maybe i just need a good game for it, but who knows. I may well do that. At the very least I can probably trade it someplace to make back most of what I paid for it.

#389 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

I see $36, which doesn't put it far from the net savings here regardless. Also, I meant the current MSRP when I said the lowest was $10 off ($30).

Getting The Show and Abyss for that same net price, however, is well worth it and the bonus of a content heavy game+DLC like Red Dead makes me wonder how that's a terrible deal at this point in time, that's all. Factor in the possibility of free shipping/no tax for some people, and I'd want to buy that combo myself if I didn't already own two of the games.

Because you're getting a $60 game with two $40 games. You'd maximize your savings with either getting three $40 games or three $60 games. Mixing and matching hurts the overall savings.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#390 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

Because you're getting a $60 game with two $40 games. You'd maximize your savings with either getting three $40 games or three $60 games. Mixing and matching hurts the overall savings.

Basically paying 33 dollars a game. That is a great saving for the 60 dollar game but terrible for the two 40s. If you got 3 40 dollar games, you would end up doubling your savings on the 40 dollar games, saving close to 14 dollar apiece.