• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

April Fool's?

#332 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

gamestop better not try to sell off their used merchandise as new during this deal. i've seen them do that before.

Auen1.png?7125

#333 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

So is this a print ad somewhere? Will the store have it? I just want to make my PM at BBY for ME3 go as smooth as possible.
Posted Image

#334 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

gamestop better not try to sell off their used merchandise as new during this deal. i've seen them do that before.

Any game that is new and on sale like this is always gutted. Happened last year with WWE All Stars, I wanted a NEW copy and all six were gutted. Many stores still have the gutted copies today.

#335 ibarra350z

ibarra350z

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

April Fool's?

Happens to fall on the first day of the sale..
Posted Image

#336 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

Any game that is new and on sale like this is always gutted. Happened last year with WWE All Stars, I wanted a NEW copy and all six were gutted. Many stores still have the gutted copies today.

You could always ask for a sealed copy if they have it. Some gamestops don't put all their stock in the bins. I remember buying a game last year that I gave the gutted box to the guy and he gave me a fresh sealed copy.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#337 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

I cant wait to devour the psp rpgs

#338 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

I always consider these gutted copies USED, period. So if this sale only has gutted copies, forget it. Will be checking for MK Complete when the sale starts.

#339 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

Now, it's likely that the used counterparts of the games going on sale will also be discounted, right?

#340 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

I always consider these gutted copies USED, period. So if this sale only has gutted copies, forget it. Will be checking for MK Complete when the sale starts.

Exactly. They try to tell you "Oh no, don't worry, it's NEW!"

Is it? IS IT!!?? It's been out on the floor getting molested left and right by anyone, it's manual gets flipped through, sometimes gets stolen, sometimes the art work even gets ripped a bit... yet it's NEW!!!! I tell this to them when occasion arises, and they know. They look at me and basically say "Yeah, I know, it's horse shit. Not our call, though"

#341 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

Beware that some GS locations have already shipped out their used PSP games to other stores or are in the process of doing so. You can ask the associate if they have them in the back and have them check inventory if there's something you want specifically.

#342 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

They are used. The gutted games are the ones checked out by employees. They are absolutely, unequivocally used.

#343 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

Got into a little argument over new and gutted.. I called and asked if I could return and rebuy since the price is going down. He said yes. So when I pick it up I ask again and he says no. I ask why and he said its open. I say your selling it to me open and charging me new. I said I don't know how they get away with this crap. He thought that was a stupid question and said how else are they going to display stuff. I said try going to any other retail store. So I told him to seal it so I could return it and he put a sticker over the opening but said I may get a hard time if he's not there when I return it. I told him I'm ready to fight. This gutted crap is beyond annoying its complete bullshit. Also it does have tons of stickers all over the case that say new which couldn't have been put there had it been sealed like it should be.
Posted Image

#344 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

They are used. The gutted games are the ones checked out by employees. They are absolutely, unequivocally used.

Unless your DM doesn't allow you to participate in the checkout program. Which is the case of my region. So no, they're not absolutely, unequivocally used.

Just because something is OPEN doesn't mean it's USED. Gamestop doesn't advertise it's games as New AND Sealed. It advertises them as New. I could go into the CAG Marketplace and find about 100 listings for NEW games that aren't sealed. So let's go and start calling out every single one of those people as well.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

That jacket is sooo September 10th

#345 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

Unless your DM doesn't allow you to participate in the checkout program. Which is the case of my region. So no, they're not absolutely, unequivocally used.

Just because something is OPEN doesn't mean it's USED. Gamestop doesn't advertise it's games as New AND Sealed. It advertises them as New. I could go into the CAG Marketplace and find about 100 listings for NEW games that aren't sealed. So let's go and start calling out every single one of those people as well.

You realistically cannot argue this. Once you break the seal, it's used, PERIOD. Try returning a 'new' media product without its seal and see how far you go. "but but i didn't use it..."

#346 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

Gotta agree, opened is used. They don't accept returns when the seal is broken; but they charge you like it's new when they sell you a game with a broken seal. Stupid.

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#347 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

I'm not trying to be a jerk, only pointing out if that's your idea of making money, just a few dollars at a time for all of that trouble, it sounds a bit crazy.

I can see your point about having too much GS credit. Just hold onto it and wait to use it for other things or the next console. :)

Now if he said AMZ gives $20+ for $11 in retail (taxes), maybe that could be worthwhile to some. Keep in mind though technically this coupon is one per person and has to be rung up one at a time. Is that worth it to you to be labeled a flipper for pennies?

how is gaining 60% profit off you initial investment crazy? yes it's only $6 but it was also only $10. $6 goes a long way here on CAG....
Posted Image

#348 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

Does anyone advertise "new and sealed?" How do we find out which DM's let employees take out these "new" games? Oh we cant! Open is used.

#349 savagepastry

savagepastry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

I apologize for perpetuating the age-old "gutted is/is not new" argument, but to add to the comments -

The absolute best is when the game DOES NOT COME WITH artwork or instructions and is still sold as "new." You see that a surprising amount at gamestop (lots of ps2 games have been like that).

Regardless of your opinion on the new vs not new gut argument, its hard to argue that disc-only should qualify as a "new" item.

#350 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

Can you return these "open new" copies back to GS?

#351 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

Just traded in Mortal Kombat vanilla for $19 store credit at Gamestop. Come Sunday I'll use that store credit towards Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition when its on sale for $30 :D
Posted Image

#352 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

I wish they would do this more often and drop the used prices temporarily too.

#353 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

Can you return these "open new" copies back to GS?

As long as the sticker that was put on it isn't broken/cut.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#354 RUAfraidOfTigers

RUAfraidOfTigers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:19 AM

dude we have not been allowed to check out new games as per company policy in almost 3 years.

#355 WRM

WRM

Hi-Tek Redneck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

Who in their right mind would buy Hulk Hogan's Main Event POS game?

#356 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

Now, it's likely that the used counterparts of the games going on sale will also be discounted, right?

that usually never happens, at least that i have noticed. it always seemed strange to me because it didn't make sense how the used one would be less than the new one (why would anyone buy used if they could get new for free?). that's what leads me to believe that they'll just end up selling their used copies as "new" ones.

#357 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

dude we have not been allowed to check out new games as per company policy in almost 3 years.

so then the games that they sell which aren't sealed are used :shame:

#358 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:05 AM

Will used copies be cheaper than the new sale prices?

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#359 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:13 AM

Two posts up, Protoman

#360 althe

althe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:24 AM

Hi everyone. First time poster here.
I've never bought new games at GS, only used ones. My question is: do any of the new games come shrink wrapped? Or I get the games in those dirty display boxes with the impossible-to-remove price stickers?
If that's the case, does anyone know if there's gonna be a printed ad? I'd rather PM at BB or even Walmart as long as I get something with a shrink wrap.
Thanks!