GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

• Please log in to reply
1164 replies to this topic

#451 Magicman103

Magicman103

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

Technically the promo lasts until the 1st, implying that you can still do that Sunday, which I am going to do.

I have two left over coupons for BB's FFXIII-2 and wanted one for myself and figured I would flip one for a small extra chunk of credit for the sale!

oh whoops. misread the fine print. anyway still a good reminder.
Posted Image

Check out this link to earn some cash by doing surveys!
http://OpinionOutpost.com/join/9860393

#452 WTFD4V1D

WTFD4V1D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Do you guys know if there is a limit on buying Revelations? I wanted to get two copies.

#453 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

i remember not too long after valkyria chronicles came out they had it in the sales bin at gs that summer for about 19.99. i was thinking about picking it up, but i decided not to. it's strange sometimes how the prices will drop then pick back up again.

Lol yeah i remember that. I was hovering on whether or not to buy a copy, then ended up getting it the moment i saw it on sale.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#454 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

Technically the promo lasts until the 1st, implying that you can still do that Sunday, which I am going to do.

I have two left over coupons for BB's FFXIII-2 and wanted one for myself and figured I would flip one for a small extra chunk of credit for the sale!

dont FF only grab 16 what it cost in the store to buy at best buy after coupon so your making 8 bucks tops then figure in gas be lucky to make 5 bucks off it
WOOOO I STINK

#455 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

dont FF only grab 16 what it cost in the store to buy at best buy after coupon so your making 8 bucks tops then figure in gas be lucky to make 5 bucks off it

But if you're out there anyway and you get 2 your making $16 for practically nothing. If you don't like flipping, fine. But I don't know why people think flippers give 2 shits about how others view our profit margins.

#456 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

So is it possible that amazon could match some of the prices for the sale?

#457 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

It is possible. But they've been out of stock of some of the games(:ps3:Catherine) for a while now.:cry: Otherwise I'd just wait and use my $10 promo code if they matched the price on that.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#458 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Darn and that was one of the games i was wanting. Shooting for catherine mk:c lego harry potter and maybe wkcii

#459 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

But if you're out there anyway and you get 2 your making $16 for practically nothing. If you don't like flipping, fine. But I don't know why people think flippers give 2 shits about how others view our profit margins.

Agreed. I have two coupons from the Batman AC flip and all of that. I have been wanting FF13-2 anyways and $15 is a great. I will be there picking up my own copy and will have an extra coupon so why not make a few bucks? Taking the extra 5 minutes to run into Gamestop and sell it will basically pay for half price of my personal copy of the game. With the 50% +10% I am looking at a $10 profit for really no work.

#460 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

Do you guys know if there is a limit on buying Revelations? I wanted to get two copies.

as someone here once said "THis isnt the russian bread line, buy as many as you want"

#461 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

as someone here once said "THis isnt the russian bread line, buy as many as you want"

Yeah, but be careful comrade, Gamestop KGB might ban your PUR account. Two should be fine though
Posted Image

#462 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Yeah, but be careful comrade, Gamestop KGB might ban your PUR account. Two should be fine though

gamestop banning??? must be copying best buy lol

#463 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

In Soviet Russia, you ban gamestop
Posted ImagePosted Image

#464 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

Ban ? The only gamestop ban I know off is when iatcg got banned for abusing that legendary hdmi cord flip lmao
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#465 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

I got banned for trading in 2 of the same game with a store managers approval. Granted I got the ban overturned, but it can happen for much smaller offenses.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#466 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

I got banned for trading in 2 of the same game with a store managers approval. Granted I got the ban overturned, but it can happen for much smaller offenses.

Seriously ? I've done that so many times that I can't even count but I've had no problems. Must be a manager by manager thing I guess as they are all differint
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#467 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

Must have just been a pissed off manager abusing his power, i'v done it quite a few times too.

Only things i know my gamestop ever refusing are HDMI cables (Though they took them without any problems for a while, not that i ever did it)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#468 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Is mortal kombat komplete worth picking up? I have the reg edition, but thinking about trading it in to bby for $24 after bonus/gcu, and wondering if its worth the $6 upgrade charge to just pick up the komplete edition with this sale. Haven't really played it much since the release and don't own any dlc.

#469 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

Is mortal kombat komplete worth picking up? I have the reg edition, but thinking about trading it in to bby for $24 after bonus/gcu, and wondering if its worth the $6 upgrade charge to just pick up the komplete edition with this sale. Haven't really played it much since the release and don't own any dlc.

I'd say for 6$ yeah, 4 new characters and all the costumes.

Personally, i'd jump on the deal too if it werent for the fact i want the Vita version coming in in barely a month.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#470 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

If you do not want any of the DLC then there really is no reason to upgrade...

I feel like you answered your own question.

I personally would gladly upgrade for $6 but that is me.

#471 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

Question, if the sale is tomorrow, why no ad released to the public, on the site, or at least emailed? Or they doing this tomorrow.

#472 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

Seriously ? I've done that so many times that I can't even count but I've had no problems. Must be a manager by manager thing I guess as they are all differint

Here is the basic run down. Went to Blockbuster. Bought two copies of Dirt 2 for PS3 and one for 360 (maybe it was 2 PS3 and 1 360). Went to a store to trade em in, and he said it was fine. Went in a week later they said I was banned and they couldn't sell me anything or let me do trade ins.

Called corporate, they got the DM to call me, after about an hour of arguing he finally removed the ban. But for about a year the store manager that remembered me would make my life miserable. Like I pre-ordered a game with one of the "trade in X game for X amount toward game Y" and he wrote on my receipt that I cannot cancel the pre-order. Granted I was able to get around that as well. But it left me really disliking my local Gamestops.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#473 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

Question, if the sale is tomorrow, why no ad released to the public, on the site, or at least emailed? Or they doing this tomorrow.

There are store ads, but we aren't supposed to put them on display until tomorrow.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#474 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

There are store ads, but we aren't supposed to put them on display until tomorrow.

how will customers know if they didn't go to the store or look at this website? I mean the emailing they do.

#475 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

Any chance of there being special editions of AC:R?

#476 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

Any chance of there being special editions of AC:R?

I hope cause I want the PS3 with Assassins creed 1 :D, isn't best buy having the same price?

You can try there unless you have gamestop credit

Hopefully the $10 coupon works for everyone

#477 bellenoire2005

bellenoire2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

I also have a question --- will Best Buy PM from an online version of the GameStop ad?

#478 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

Is it just me or is anyone else seeing a bunch of Ron Swansons on the site?

#479 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

Here is the basic run down. Went to Blockbuster. Bought two copies of Dirt 2 for PS3 and one for 360 (maybe it was 2 PS3 and 1 360). Went to a store to trade em in, and he said it was fine. Went in a week later they said I was banned and they couldn't sell me anything or let me do trade ins.

Called corporate, they got the DM to call me, after about an hour of arguing he finally removed the ban. But for about a year the store manager that remembered me would make my life miserable. Like I pre-ordered a game with one of the "trade in X game for X amount toward game Y" and he wrote on my receipt that I cannot cancel the pre-order. Granted I was able to get around that as well. But it left me really disliking my local Gamestops.

I too had the managers' permission when I was trading in massive quantities of HDMI cables and duplicates(thank you Best Buy free Gamer's Club coupons that made for free games;)). But personally I have a feeling the local DM just had it in for me.

He basically accused me of returning tons of pre-orders(I guess you're not allowed to change your mind EVER:roll:), 'gaming the system'(by wanting to trade in a PS3 AND a stack of games for two seperate promos on the same visit) and even accused me in a roundabout way of pulling the old switcheroo when they first released the Dual Shock 3's.

Mind ya, once I found out that cancelling pre-orders hurts the numbers of those you're cancelling with, I did use that info repeatedly on the d-bags working his home office store. I'd make like 3-4 pre-orders one week n come back when the one know-it-all ass kisser was working n cancel them all on him.:evil:

I hope cause I want the PS3 with Assassins creed 1 :D, isn't best buy having the same price?

Word of warning: On the PS3 version of Revelations the copy of AC1 was a download or massive install file. It was 5-7gb's if I remember correctly from when my buddy did it from his copy.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#480 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

The AC1 that comes with ACR is an install, but not a download. That should help people overall since it doesn't require you to download a huge file that will take hours and it's just a 10 min or so install.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List