GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

• Please log in to reply
1164 replies to this topic

#1021 espica

espica

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:33 AM

I got Hot Shots for Vita today. I had a coupon that I tried to use last week but it didn't go through, now I'm glad it didn't so I saved $10 more bucks lol
I got a copy of FFXIII-2 for my nephew at Best Buy, with a coupon too.

#1022 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:17 AM

wouldn't mind grabbing a preowned version of Mortal Kombat Komplete edition for the ps3, sadly there isnt any available.

#1023 timmywanabreak

timmywanabreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

Shit I tossed my receipt out before the trash came today. I forgot to check if there was code.

My receipt didnt come with a code

#1024 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

wouldn't mind grabbing a preowned version of Mortal Kombat Komplete edition for the ps3, sadly there isnt any available.

I was told there wouldn't be an MK Komplete used by a GS employee when I asked because basically they would just be selling you the vanilla edition as the extra stuff are all DLC which I guess makes sense.

#1025 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

so did anyone else see koa:reckoning for 29.99 today? it had a sticker with that price at the gs i went to today but according to the ad/site its 39.99
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1026 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

so did anyone else see koa:reckoning for 29.99 today? it had a sticker with that price at the gs i went to today but according to the ad/site its 39.99

Mine had a tag of $39.99. I made a note to check because someone else posted earlier that they saw it tagged for $29.99.

#1027 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

^ya i think that was me the first time. no one ever responded so i figured i'd bring it back up for the people just now coming into the thread. i already have it on 360 sealed but think i might pick it for ps3 for kicks.

now playing:

#1028 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

I'm in for a copy of SCV and an Ivy bobble head if Gamestop's inferior pick up in store's service will let my GF's mom get the game for me when she's in the city on Thursday. Oh and that's assuming they even have any bobble heads left. Seriously Best Buy's pick up service is awesome.

#1029 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

another cag said they got the guide for 15 bucks in store and it came with the bobblehead too.

I'm in for a copy of SCV and an Ivy bobble head if Gamestop's inferior pick up in store's service will let my GF's mom get the game for me when she's in the city on Thursday. Oh and that's assuming they even have any bobble heads left. Seriously Best Buy's pick up service is awesome.

now playing:

#1030 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

yea, dead island is $30 when I ask them on Monday, I'm going to see if I can go to BB and have them price match it for $20...

guys dead island is $20 new, you have to tell the guy to actualy ring the game up at the register, not to just check the computer, if they just check the computer it rings up at $30 but once they actualy scan the game it comes up for the $20.

#1031 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

Was shot down at the store on the Buy 2 get 1 on used PSP. Guys said online only

#1032 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

no the Fuck it isnt, unless its online only NOW. I picked some up instore 3 days ago

#1033 new1

new1

TroubleMaker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

So is it odd that when I picked up gta 4 and ac:r that I found some games that I traded in a few days before were put out as new? I mean granted my games were basically taken out of the wrapper and maybe played One time but that's incredibly shady.

Posted Image Posted Image

#1034 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

So is it odd that when I picked up gta 4 and ac:r that I found some games that I traded in a few days before were put out as new? I mean granted my games were basically taken out of the wrapper and maybe played One time but that's incredibly shady.

How did you know it was "your" copy? did you mark the case/manual or something? Whoa! Thats why i dont like buying gutted ones tagged as new.

#1035 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

This is supposed to be a sale? Blah.

#1036 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

Was shot down at the store on the Buy 2 get 1 on used PSP. Guys said online only

Were there used PSP games on display? Only reason I can think of denying you the sale is if they've shipped off all their used PSP games to other stores, which is happening.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1037 new1

new1

TroubleMaker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

How did you know it was "your" copy? did you mark the case/manual or something? Whoa! Thats why i dont like buying gutted ones tagged as new.

They were atlus titles operation darkness and Spectral Force 3. The store manager told me he had never seen copies ever... And my cases I had switch out for used games since I was trading them in sure enough my copies....

#1038 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

I tried to get hot shots for 20$ using the coupon one more time but I was denied again. I explained to the manager that the fine print states nothing about it not being able to stack with other offers but he just shrugged it off. Gamestop is the worst when it comes to coupons. Sigh ....
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#1039 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

Someone should set up a sting for that store, trade in a just-opened game, put some unnoticeable mark in the instruction manual or something, and then see what happens. And hopefully record it, post it on joystiq or somewhere, sue gamestop and make them quit that scam.

#1040 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

noticed this w/ my "new" mvc3 360. it came resealed in a plastic pouch, i was happy there were no stickers but u could easily the disc had been used.

now playing:

#1041 new1

new1

TroubleMaker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

noticed this w/ my "new" mvc3 360. it came resealed in a plastic pouch, i was happy there were no stickers but u could easily the disc had been used.

Well this explains why I'm not seeing any silent hill hd collections used they are reselling them new! This is I Only shop GameStop during these sales -_-

#1042 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

Couldn't find anything good with the B2G1 but I bought two copies of MvC3 for $9.99 each. So glad, and after I play for a while I'll trade it to Microcenter for $15 each.

#1043 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Just got the last Assassins Creed my store had and of course it is gutted. I know it was the last copy because the guy took the display case after looking around the whole store for another copy, but I am glad I got it. Now I have all of the assassins creed games and the total cost of them were $52 and I got the Brotherhood collectors edition. By the time I beat all of these games Assassins creed 3 will be like $30 lol.
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#1044 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

guys dead island is $20 new, you have to tell the guy to actualy ring the game up at the register, not to just check the computer, if they just check the computer it rings up at $30 but once they actualy scan the game it comes up for the $20.

I figured as much but considering the fact the employee I was dealing with HAD to be the disgruntled wife of the real manager I didn't feel like making her go the extra mile. She seemed fit to be tied after I passed on the usual pre-order BS before forcing her to check stock for CEs. I'll swing by a different store tomorrow to pick one up. Thanks man.

Now does anyone know if the CE/SE of Dead Island is up for grabs?

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#1045 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Someone should set up a sting for that store, trade in a just-opened game, put some unnoticeable mark in the instruction manual or something, and then see what happens. And hopefully record it, post it on joystiq or somewhere, sue gamestop and make them quit that scam.

I got the one store to own up to charging refurb fees on games for no good reason(like on perfect condition games) and not sending them out a while ago. I marked my copy of the one game and the coverart/case in an inconspicuous spot and as expected they hit me with a refurb fee.

I argued that my game was in perfect condition, but they argued right back about some 'defect' to it. So I traded it in and came back the next day. Lo and behold, there was the case from my copy of the game up on the shelf. So then I asked them if I could see a couple copies of the game because I was a stickler for a perfect copy. Funny thing was they pointed out my copy as flawless to me.

Then I pulled out my receipt from the day before showing the refurb fee I got hit with when trading it in. They tried to backpedal. I said I was going to contact their DM(who I honestly think put them up to charging the fees on perfect condition games in the first place to up the profits for his stores:roll:). They quickly relented and refunded me the cost of the refurb fee.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1046 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

So checking White Knight Chronicles II to see if any gamestop around me still had them in on their website, and well I can't do the pickup at store to see if any gamestop has it near me, there is no option for pickup at store.

fucking wonderful, Gamestop.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1047 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

I figured as much but considering the fact the employee I was dealing with HAD to be the disgruntled wife of the real manager I didn't feel like making her go the extra mile. She seemed fit to be tied after I passed on the usual pre-order BS before forcing her to check stock for CEs. I'll swing by a different store tomorrow to pick one up. Thanks man.

Now does anyone know if the CE/SE of Dead Island is up for grabs?

You should buy something from that store and make sure she's the one selling it to you. Then do the feedback survey at the bottom of the receipt that they always whore out to you. Believe me, managers and district managers pay attention to those surveys. Be sure to be as thorough as possible on the survey and be polite yet firm in letting them know that you did not like the way you were treated.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1048 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

Just purchased AC Revelations for 20, got home and realized the bonus assassins creed original logo wasn't on the front...guessing that means my copy doesn't include it. Can anyone confirm? It's still in the plastic wrap so i can take it back if needed. I was under the impression that all PS3 copies included the original AC on-disc, but maybe not.

#1049 gospelman

gospelman

Irreducibly Complex

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

Just purchased AC Revelations for 20, got home and realized the bonus assassins creed original logo wasn't on the front...guessing that means my copy doesn't include it. Can anyone confirm? It's still in the plastic wrap so i can take it back if needed. I was under the impression that all PS3 copies included the original AC on-disc, but maybe not.

Some PS3 copies do not.

My Trade List Tomb Raider :360: download ($9)

#1050 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

I thought it was Signature Edition>>>