GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

• Please log in to reply
1164 replies to this topic

#1081 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

while i want to make fun of u for being 16 and having to ask permission, i admire the fact that you are a teenager being honest with your mom- hold on to that quality young one.
borderlands goty will only get cheaper, im sure you can find similar/other games to play for the next 2 years.

:applause: sadly a quality many of our youth is missing these days

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#1082 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

No, my mom doesn't ask employees, mainly because she already knows all about the games going in.

And thanks technical. I figure it's easier to ask her and get a no than to buy it then have her find out about it later.

#1083 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

while i want to make fun of u for being 16 and having to ask permission, i admire the fact that you are a teenager being honest with your mom- hold on to that quality young one.
borderlands goty will only get cheaper, im sure you can find similar/other games to play for the next 2 years.

Here here. That said, its a fantastic game and well worth the $20 price tag.

#1084 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

No, my mom doesn't ask employees, mainly because she already knows all about the games going in.

And thanks technical. I figure it's easier to ask her and get a no than to buy it then have her find out about it later.

Good on your mom for keeping informed, and good on you for being honest.
At 10 and 13, my kids are still too young for M-rated games, but it never fails to amaze me how many of their friends are playing the same stuff I am (Dead Island, GTA, etc)

#1085 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

I've never gotten how any kids that old get their hands on those kinds of games. Do the parents not care?

#1086 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

I've never gotten how any kids that old get their hands on those kinds of games. Do the parents not care?

Exactly!

#1087 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Yupp. that or theyre uneducated on the medium and how vulger it can be.

#1088 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

I played resident evil 2 when I was in 3rd grade. first game I got with my new ps1.

#1089 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Exactly!

lol depends on the parents. some -like mine- were less strict when it came to violence and more strict when it came to sex. some parents are the opposite. and yeah, some just see it as a video game/fake and dont care or are too busy to care. while i grew up running around and playing cowboys and indians or cops and robbers with my friends, i see little kids running around playing mw3: headshots and pretending to snipe each other. times've changed.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1090 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Another thing I don't get, how can they be uneducated? I mean, if they look at the box there's a big bold M with "Mature 17+" on it. If that's not enough a glace at the back gives them a list of content descriptors. It just doesn't make sense.

#1091 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

lol depends on the parents. some -like mine- were less strict when it came to violence and more strict when it came to sex.

I see this a lot too.
In America, we are completely desensitized to violence for entertainment, but if someone sees half a tit, all hell breaks loose. It is so weird.
But to put this discussion back on track, I got the MK Komplete for $30 thanks to this sale (and a BB price match), and it is incredibly fun.
And no, I won't let my kids play it. I'm cool dad, but I ain't that cool.8-)

#1092 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

I see this a lot too.
In America, we are completely desensitized to violence for entertainment, but if someone sees half a tit, all hell breaks loose. It is so weird.
But to put this discussion back on track, I got the MK Komplete for $30 thanks to this sale (and a BB price match), and it is incredibly fun.
And no, I won't let my kids play it. I'm cool dad, but I ain't that cool.8-)

picked one up myself too. my son wanted to play it and my wife let him. i told her not to, but she said it was mean to let him see that i got it and not let him. that's b.s. and i told her as much. luckily he didn't see any fatalities or anything, and i made sure to put it away later that day. now i only take it out when he's not home or when he's sleeping.

#1093 oldschool990

oldschool990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

Since it's not their property I've seen some of the employees palm the read side of discs before with their greasy hands leaving a big ol' handprint all over the bottom of the disc.

I've also bought newsed games from them before that had a coating of dirt/dust/grime on the bottom of them.

I think just like any retail job, some of these GS employees just don't give a shit.

They shouldn't give a shit cause they don't get paid extra or anything for a crappy company... If you work there would you care? I was there couple of days ago and this new person was working there and he was getting the game from the sleeve and the manager said hurry up... Most of them are college kids so they don't give a rat ass if the game gets mess up or not...

#1094 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

They shouldn't give a shit cause they don't get paid extra or anything for a crappy company... If you work there would you care? I was there couple of days ago and this new person was working there and he was getting the game from the sleeve and the manager said hurry up... Most of them are college kids so they don't give a rat ass if the game gets mess up or not...

Actually the employees here do care about their jobs, which is why I liked going to their stores. Admittedly some of the employees took in some of the worst condition garbage I've ever seen, including chewed up cases with indeterminate stains/smudges on them.

But it's their JOB that they get PAID(meagerly) for to care about making sure the customer is happy. Of course, going by most of the troglodites that go into GS with their summer teef(some here, some there, some brown, some green<retch>) and money in hand ready and willing to pay for whatever scratched up copy of Call Of Doody that someone wiped their ass crack with that the employees will happily sell them I can say without a doubt that this is why they take in such crap condition stuff.

If the suckerrrrr....errrr customers would stop buying incomplete stuff that looks like Uncle Jeb dropped it in the septic tank and then fished it out with his snot rag then we might not have to worry about stuff not working when we buy it from GS.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1095 oldschool990

oldschool990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

Actually the employees here do care about their jobs, which is why I liked going to their stores. Admittedly some of the employees took in some of the worst condition garbage I've ever seen, including chewed up cases with indeterminate stains/smudges on them.

But it's their JOB that they get PAID(meagerly) for to care about making sure the customer is happy. Of course, going by most of the troglodites that go into GS with their summer teef(some here, some there, some brown, some green<retch>) and money in hand ready and willing to pay for whatever scratched up copy of Call Of Doody that someone wiped their ass crack with that the employees will happily sell them I can say without a doubt that this is why they take in such crap condition stuff.

If the suckerrrrr....errrr customers would stop buying incomplete stuff that looks like Uncle Jeb dropped it in the septic tank and then fished it out with his snot rag then we might not have to worry about stuff not working when we buy it from GS.

I do agree with you the gamestop I usually go to the ppl do care about there customers being happy and stuff, but the one near work is just bad... The ppl that works there don't care and all they wanna do is make you preorder stuff... More then half of there used games don't even have a original case or manual... That's why I would never buy used games from them even if they have there sales on used games...

#1096 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

As long as you have the spare time and nitpick, you CAN find good and complete condition games at GS. But be prepared to get the 'hurry up' look from the employees.....repeatedly.

I actually nitpicked on a copy of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for 20 minutes during a B2G1 a couple years ago and in the end I didn't buy any of the 3-6 they showed me. Every last one had some sort of scratches on them(for a PS3 game).

But I've bought plenty from their sales otherwise. Sometimes(it's rare) they have a good sale that you just can't pass up. But that's few and far between.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1097 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

ya if u go in early ie right when they open, they're more inclined to offer the best copy and check discs. on wed morning the guy offered to find me the best ones without me even asking. he even offered me the limited edition gears 3 -recently converted to used-.

now playing:

#1098 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

I check all the discs before I give them to people. I even show it to them before I sell it.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#1099 greenegt

greenegt

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

I almost missed this sale. I'll be picking up MK:Komplete today.

#1100 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

picked one up myself too. my son wanted to play it and my wife let him. i told her not to, but she said it was mean to let him see that i got it and not let him. that's b.s. and i told her as much. luckily he didn't see any fatalities or anything, and i made sure to put it away later that day. now i only take it out when he's not home or when he's sleeping.

this hurts. i played MK back in the day all the time. funny horrible story when i was 4 or 5 my mom took that game away cause my brother bought it and she didnt want him too lol. naturally being 4 or so i was excited NEW GAME MAN!!!! well my mom took it away due to hearing of the violence and seeing it on tv. i guess out sympathy cause i cried and couldnt grasp what was the big deal she eventually gave it back.

maybe she shouldnt have or maybe it didnt matter or maybe it only matters now because violence is so real looking. but those old violent games didnt wreck me. or maybe they have and im not aware of it???

just random food for thought. FYI the new MK has a turn off blood option for your young one. im not sure what that does to fatalities though.

#1101 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

lol that could actually be worse since its basically saying to kids if you punch someone in the face, they won't bleed/get hurt.

just random food for thought. FYI the new MK has a turn off blood option for your young one. im not sure what that does to fatalities though.

now playing:

#1102 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Thinking about passing on Catherine and White Knight Chronicles 2 since I'm picking up Xenoblade, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Hoping Catherine will go down and White Knight Chronicles 2 seems not that good by reviews. Still at $20 WKC2 seems reasonably priced.

#1103 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Its this mentality possessed by GS store which has driven me away from them forever (I'm not even picking up Xenoblade from them!).

Every time, without fail, that I have walked into my local GameStop, I have been talked down to, laughed at, and treated like I am one of those people with 'summer teef' looking for the worst copy of 'Call of Doody'. In general, the GameStop-ites I would see in my region are asshats, cocky men who are so overconfident in their ability to upsell that when one 'smart' consumer turns down their offers to pre-order Generic FPS 12, all customer service IMMEDIATELY goes out the window. I can't imagine what kind of treatment I'd get if I picked up Xenoblade there -- I expect tons of laughter, and then the manager giving the last remaining copy to the chick that works there (whom he is probably sleeping with anyway).

Sorry for the anti-GS rant.

There are some good deals to be had here -- MK: Komplete is my favorite (MK is awesome, still!) on the list (If I didn't already have all the DLC, I'd probably try to PM that game at a local store.)

#1104 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

Thinking about passing on Catherine and White Knight Chronicles 2 since I'm picking up Xenoblade, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Hoping Catherine will go down and White Knight Chronicles 2 seems not that good by reviews. Still at $20 WKC2 seems reasonably priced.

Catherine and WKC 2 are out of print, price isn't likely to go down any further for years. Look at how long it took Tales of Vesperia and Valkyria Chronicles to drop below $20 (over 2-3 years and only Amazon and NewEgg briefly.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1105 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

I'm thinking of buying a pre-owned Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Is there anything in there that is worth buying a new copy for?

#1106 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

I'm thinking of buying a pre-owned Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Is there anything in there that is worth buying a new copy for?

I believe everything is on the disc

#1107 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

Everything is on the disk.

On a related note...I picked up a used (near mint) copy of MK KE for PS3 and it still had an unused movie and soundtrack code inside.

#1108 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

White knight chronicles 2 worth $20? Been a while since a played a jrpg

#1109 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

White knight chronicles 2 worth $20? Been a while since a played a jrpg

I've enjoyed what little I've played so far. Sure it's not the greatest JRPG ever but you really can't go wrong with $20 for two games
IMO.

#1110 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

I've enjoyed what little I've played so far. Sure it's not the greatest JRPG ever but you really can't go wrong with $20 for two games
IMO.

Is it true there is no trophy support for the first game on the disk?