GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

• Please log in to reply
1164 replies to this topic

#1111 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

Correct. But just so you know, WKC 1 disc had the hardest trophies on all of PSN so it's not that big of a loss.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#1112 mr mellow

mr mellow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

Picked up l.a. noire complete edition today. they didnt have any sealed copies but did have a mint conditioned one and grabbed a case from display. Question is, does the ALL the download content come complete on the disk ?

#1113 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Is it true there is no trophy support for the first game on the disk?

Like MSU said that's correct but you can unlock trophies from the #2 list by playing the first game. Trophies like (and this is just a example) opening a chest and shit like that.

#1114 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

Like MSU said that's correct but you can unlock trophies from the #2 list by playing the first game. Trophies like (and this is just a example) opening a chest and shit like that.

That's interesting, so the generic trophies can be unlocked through either game. I'll go pick this up tomorrow and give it a whirl

#1115 mowmow

mowmow

must..resist..collecting.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

wkc is pretty fun online, if your playing it with friends.

9917.png

#1116 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Does Batman AA GOTY ps3 have dlc or is it all on disc?

#1117 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

Well, today I showed my mom a few clips from Borderlands. Mainly the 9 toes one you showed me and one that shows the adult magazines. So far she's okay with it (as long as I ignore the magazines). So I'm going to look for worse stuff to show her but so far it's looking like I might be able to get it.

#1118 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

Bummed that my Gamestop didn't have any Signature Editions of AC:R. None of the copies even had the first game on the disc. The one I traded in did, so I guess it's my fault.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1119 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

Bummed that my Gamestop didn't have any Signature Editions of AC:R. None of the copies even had the first game on the disc. The one I traded in did, so I guess it's my fault.

To be fair the game's been out for just over 4 months and already been on sale for multiple weeks in January for $30 so I'm sure a lot of those copies got cleaned out then. Although my store still had sig editions into late Feb/early March on PS3, but the 360 ones didn't last past the January $30 sale.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#1120 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

To be fair the game's been out for just over 4 months and already been on sale for multiple weeks in January for $30 so I'm sure a lot of those copies got cleaned out then. Although my store still had sig editions into late Feb/early March on PS3, but the 360 ones didn't last past the January $30 sale.

My store had a ton of the signature edition copies until this sale started, but yeah, you're mostly right.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1121 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

Does Batman AA GOTY ps3 have dlc or is it all on disc?

Joker content u download I believe. The other maps are on disc.

#1122 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Sale still runs today, right?

#1123 jmillion

jmillion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

yeea last day
Posted Image

#1124 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Well, no where anywhere near me has Borderlands GOTY used, so I can't do B2G1 free (because I have a very small budget right now). Oh well, I'm going to pick up Borderlands new and get the other games I was going to get whenever there's another B2G1.

Oh, BTW, my mom said yes to Borderlands.

#1125 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

Well, no where anywhere near me has Borderlands GOTY used, so I can't do B2G1 free (because I have a very small budget right now). Oh well, I'm going to pick up Borderlands new and get the other games I was going to get whenever there's another B2G1.

Oh, BTW, my mom said yes to Borderlands.

You're in for a awesome experience!

#1126 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

You're in for a awesome experience!

Is it that good? I play shooters occasionally. Kinda like COD but dont love it. Do you think i should give it a try at this price?

#1127 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Is it that good? I play shooters occasionally. Kinda like COD but dont love it. Do you think i should give it a try at this price?

I absolutely love it! It's a nice mix of FPS and light RPG elements. I highly recommend it!

#1128 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Got a sealed MK Komplete on the 360. I told them I hate gutted games and they said they are required to do it 😒. Then I went to target to get a sealed MvC3

#1129 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

I absolutely love it! It's a nice mix of FPS and light RPG elements. I highly recommend it!

Thanks, would probably give it a try. Anyways if i buy it used how would i know if the dlc is on the disc or on the voucher?

#1130 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Borderlands squeezes by Dark Souls as my favorite game of this generation.

#1131 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Is it that good?

Yes. It was worth $60 on day one, unlike pretty much every other game that comes out.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1132 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Since I don't have a full vita game trying to decide if I want to pick up Unit 13. Is the gameplay good enough to ignore the fact that( so I've read) there is no story? Gameplay videos look like its smooth and nice graphics.

Maybe I'll wait for a bigger sale or just pick up an uncharted on AWD

#1133 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Thanks, would probably give it a try. Anyways if i buy it used how would i know if the dlc is on the disc or on the voucher?

The first run version had a voucher but I'm sure those are all long gone now. They should all have it on disk now.

#1134 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

The first run version had a voucher but I'm sure those are all long gone now. They should all have it on disk now.

As long as it says all 4 add ons and not voucher for all 4 add ons then you're fine.

#1135 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Quick Reference Guide:
Borderlands GOTY Edition: UPC for PS3

Original UPC: 7-10425-37881-2 (Add-on is a voucher)
New UPC: 7-10425-37983-3 (Add-on in the disk)

The Old PS3 version had the warning on the back cover, “Add-On Game Content requires a connection to PlayStation Network and 4.41 GB of storage space to redeem single-use voucher.” New PS3 Version says, “Add-On Game Content requires 4.41 GB of storage space.”

http://quarterdisord...cluded-on-disc/

#1136 TheGuardianWolf

TheGuardianWolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

This probably goes without saying for some of you, but don't order from these guys online, they have no standards. v_v;;

Both of the 360 games I ordered have had something spilled on them, the center of the Arkham City disk looks like it has fecal matter on it, though the bottom of the disk seems okay actually. The case to RDR is all shriveled and messed, honestly don't know how it could have gotten so bad, and the disks look horrible on the bottom, but actually installed fine.

Ironically the one I was least worried about messing up, and wanting the most, was the one that doesn't even work. The copy of Super Mario 3dLand they sent me is corrupted. It gets to the title screen, says the save data is corrupted, tries to reformat, and then gives me a 'The Game Card Was Removed' error.

Honestly, when they sent me a Catwoman code for Arkham City I thought things were gonna be great... Now time to see how their customer service is.

#1137 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

Never mind, OP has a typo. Unit 13 is $40 not $30

#1138 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

dont expect much from gamestop cs. theyll just tell u to return the games for a refund. u can return them instore but i dont know how the employees will feel about touching the things u described.

This probably goes without saying for some of you, but don't order from these guys online, they have no standards. v_v;;

Both of the 360 games I ordered have had something spilled on them, the center of the Arkham City disk looks like it has fecal matter on it, though the bottom of the disk seems okay actually. The case to RDR is all shriveled and messed, honestly don't know how it could have gotten so bad, and the disks look horrible on the bottom, but actually installed fine.

Ironically the one I was least worried about messing up, and wanting the most, was the one that doesn't even work. The copy of Super Mario 3dLand they sent me is corrupted. It gets to the title screen, says the save data is corrupted, tries to reformat, and then gives me a 'The Game Card Was Removed' error.

Honestly, when they sent me a Catwoman code for Arkham City I thought things were gonna be great... Now time to see how their customer service is.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1139 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Never mind, OP has a typo. Unit 13 is $40 not $30

OP is correct. Unit 13 is $29.99 after $10 promo that ends tonight.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#1140 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

OP is correct. Unit 13 is $29.99 after $10 promo that ends tonight.

Just saw its only mentioned on the full site. I was on mobile. Might have to stop by one

Edited by 6er, 07 April 2012 - 08:53 PM.