1164 replies to this topic

#1141 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Just saw its only mentioned on the full site

http://www.gamestop....uD5M4nPQ#PSVita

Add the game to your cart, it'll automatically discount $10.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#1142 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

More Borderlands praise here. I hate Call of Duty / Modern Warfare (basically shooters in general) but I love Borderlands.

I think it goes back to my love of Diablo II. Think of that, but in first person and shooting instead. But with more characters (good guys and bad guys) and personality.

The DLC for this game impresses me too. Each of the Zombie/Knoxx/Claptrap DLC add 4-10 hours of gameplay, and fun/loot. While the arena was just an annoying grind I'll probably never finish.

#1143 TheGuardianWolf

TheGuardianWolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

I'll throw a positive vote on Borderlands while I'm here, I guess. I don't even play CoD single player, I find most solo shooters boring, but Borderlands is awesome solo or multi. I hope they do something about loot division for multiplayer in Borderlands 2 though. First person to rush and grab a loot box is not a good way to do it.

#1144 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

I found Borderlands boring unless you were playing co-op

#1145 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Borderlands is my favorite game of this console generation. Can't wait for the second game to come out.

#1146 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

I found Borderlands boring unless you were playing co-op

I played through broderlands 4 times. Twice solo and twice co-op. personally I had just as much fun either way. At times I thought the single player was better, but that was during the time when modders were running rampant.

#1147 endlessxshadow

endlessxshadow

HAVE AT THEE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

I wanted to get Marvel vs Capcom 3. I went to the store and then found the used case took it to the front and then the guy rang it up as 17 dollars, but I told the guy it was 10 bucks. He replied back with its only 10 bucks new but the site lists it as 10 bucks pre owned.. WTF

#1148 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

My store only have a gutted copy of borderlands left, but i successfully got a pm at BB. Will give it a try soon.

#1149 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

I just tried to sign up for purchase up rewards in store. they would not let me. told me I can only join if I purchased a 15 dollar membership. I told them I thought it was there is a free version and they said no. which is of course a flat out lie.

Just sent an email to gamestop PUR, and called a neighboring store asking it THEY offered free membership, told the guy the story and he apologized for the other store.

I thought I was just mistaken, but after looking up the PUR faq when I left the store, I'm ticked. UNIT 13 could be the last purchase for at the very least a VERY long time from gamestop in general.

Edited by 6er, 07 April 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#1150 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:38 AM

got WKCII gutted. I'll just wait till new copies arrive (one store said a shipment was coming next week) and exchange.

#1151 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:58 AM

do all new versions of borderlands goty have the dlc on disc instead of a token?

#1152 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:18 AM

do all new versions of borderlands goty have the dlc on disc instead of a token?

Yes

#1153 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

I was told there wouldn't be an MK Komplete used by a GS employee when I asked because basically they would just be selling you the vanilla edition as the extra stuff are all DLC which I guess makes sense.

That may be wrong. On PS3 the MK Komplete comes with all of the DLC on the disc (minus the MK movie and music which actually has a DLC code). MK no longer requires a code for online play, this includes the vanilla version. Not sure about Xbox 360 so I may be wrong.

#1154 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

I played through broderlands 4 times. Twice solo and twice co-op. personally I had just as much fun either way. At times I thought the single player was better, but that was during the time when modders were running rampant.

I had it on PC. I thought it was fun coop when I was able to get it to work, for some odd reason I couldn't connect with a few of my friends and we tried everything (opening every single port on our routers). The single player felt very short and it wasn't that challenging. But playing Coop was a different story, every fight had a decent chance of me being killed if I wasn't careful. But in single player I could pretty much walk into a base full of enemies and clear it out with ease. Cool game though. I wish they could have made it longer and may be made some of the weapons harder to obtain. In some areas, I could clear an area to a high level chest that I knew dropped good items, save and then reload. Continue until I get a great weapon.

#1155 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

Good on your mom for keeping informed, and good on you for being honest.
At 10 and 13, my kids are still too young for M-rated games, but it never fails to amaze me how many of their friends are playing the same stuff I am (Dead Island, GTA, etc)

One of my nephews, he's like 7 years old and there's kids that are playing COD and stuff. That just seems way too young. They were asking me to buy them those games and I said no, I told their parents not to buy it as well because of how inappropriate they were for their age group.

#1156 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

Yes and no. There may still be versions with the dlc voucher paper in stores, but any new game sent from distributors should be the disc version.

#1157 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

Borderlands was phenomenal. I didn't like it at first because my rental copy kept skipping and freezing. Then Amazon had the GOTY version on sale for $20. I instantly placed an order. I played that game for four to five months straight. I definitely enjoyed co-op more than the single player so I would open host every time. I hated that damn General Knoxx Glitch...Their mod tool helped me out there though.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#1158 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

just made an order at gamestop.com for catherine, dead island, white knight chronicles 2, and borderlands goty. total was about $103 ($90 plus $7.xx tax and $4.99 shipping), but i already went to 3 gamestops today and had no luck finding white knight or non-gutted catherine. didn't want to waste more time/gas driving to more gamestops.

#1159 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

Kinda bummed I didn't get a chance to get another copy of Assassin's Creed: Revelations after trading mine in. Stupid me.

Also didn't get any Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 or WKCII, but I can live without those.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1160 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Well I snagged a sealed copy of Borderlands GOTY and then played it all day yesterday. You really weren't kidding when you said ?amazing game".

#1161 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

just made an order at gamestop.com for catherine, dead island, white knight chronicles 2, and borderlands goty. total was about $103 ($90 plus $7.xx tax and $4.99 shipping), but i already went to 3 gamestops today and had no luck finding white knight or non-gutted catherine. didn't want to waste more time/gas driving to more gamestops.

guess you didn't use that $10 off code? also Amazon had (or still has) Borderlands and Catherine on sale

#1162 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Is GameStop open today?

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#1163 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Yes all GS are open unless they're in an enclosed shopping mall that's closed.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#1164 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Yes all GS are open unless they're in an enclosed shopping mall that's closed.

Ok thank you!

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#1165 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

i was in gamestop a couple of days ago browsing their selection for the b2g1; over in the wii section they had a copy of the metroid prime trilogy for $60. i could not believe my eyes. a couple of years ago i thought about picking it up for when it was in the $20-30 price range. can't believe i never did. :dunce: