Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD]April BB @Gamer Mag $55 360 headset $30 Darkness 2, USED-$3 Homefront/$15 R3

• Please log in to reply
1106 replies to this topic

#271 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

Damn thread went crazy since I posted about them not letting me use a "house" coupon...

Anyway I DID tell them I was a RZ Unlocked member, they said it doesn't matter. Also I thought you got an extra 10% when trading stuff in, he scanned my card and everything and it was a no-go...maybe their system was screwing up, I just know I was too lazy to deal with it.

Yet, oddly enough I actually ended up receiving the magazine in the mail yesterday anyway (I get my mail really late at my house)...so either way no biggie. Guess I'll head back early Monday and hopefully use one or two.

Sign into your Reward Zone account. Check to see if you're listed as just Gamer's Club(free version) or Gamer's Club Unlocked. I know I had this issue where I was only showing up as the free tier for a couple months after I signed up in store.

I had them try to 'unlock' me using the SKU from the coupon they had to scan to unlock your Gamer's Club to the paid membership a couple of times after they tried it the first time. But it took the reps on the BB forums going into the system and fixing it before I would get the 10% on trades and 10% off pre-owned to show up automatically.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#272 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Just tried to pre-order Prototype 2 to get the free copy of April's issue. Not working properly yet and won't package out. So YMMV. Will probably (hopefully) work next week.

#273 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Depending on how the digital coupons work, I can imagine that it will be a trainwreck with that keyring app deal. Clerks will finally get it through their heads not to take the keyring app and then go too far and assert that "all coupons on your phone" are frauds and won't take them. Going to be hard to work out.

#274 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Depending on how the digital coupons work, I can imagine that it will be a trainwreck with that keyring app deal. Clerks will finally get it through their heads not to take the keyring app and then go too far and assert that "all coupons on your phone" are frauds and won't take them. Going to be hard to work out.

Digital coupons don't necessarily mean on your phone.

#275 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

Read that the digital coupons will be sent separately in the mail on the same card stock paper you would find in the physical mag copy.

And for anyone wondering the Keyring app is not official

#276 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Did anyone else notice the typo on the coupon pages? On the left hand side of the coupon page, where the coupons are listed #1-8 with a description of each, the description for what is supposed to be "$10 off used game $29.99+" is worded as "$10 off used game $19.99+." Before anyone tries to be a greedy idiot and argue to BB that they should be getting the typo'd deal, know that the actual coupon is worded correctly, but I thought it was interesting to point out. They must have copied the same graphic used in March's edition, as I believe the images of Uncharted and Skyward Sword are the same, and forgot to change the price points.

Oops.
Posted Image

#277 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

At least they aren't making spelling mistakes anymore in their editorial. You shoulda seen their first issue.

But yeah, you know some idiot is gonna try to argue this with a manager.

#278 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

got my mag today. kinda weak since i signed up feb 22 and never got a march issue. haven't received my welcome packet either.. time to call.

Welcome packet? What welcome packet? I signed up at the beginning of March and haven't received anything.

#279 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Welcome packet? What welcome packet? I signed up at the beginning of March and haven't received anything.

I keep hearing about this welcome packet and I also have no idea what this is either.

unless you are talking about the welcome B2G1 Free pre-owned game coupon? Although would that be considered a packet?

#280 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

A couple quick questions--

I searched the OP's of both this and March's threads and followed the links and couldn't find the answers.

The subscription sticker attached to your magazine through the mail with your address and information on it...does it need to stay on when you bring it into the store? The copy I got in the mail today came with the subscription sticker half-peeled off and I would rather just remove it or it's going to annoy me. Reason I ask is that after subscribing the gaming rep's always let me use the in-store copies, but I always had issues with the cashier at checkout. How else can they tell the difference between my copy and the stores? I feel like its unnecessary to keep the BB $4.99 price tag and barcode on the lower right corner if it's a subscribed copy. I'm sure that it will eventually get straightened out in the store, I would just rather not deal with it every time I go in there all month.

Also, with this being my first copy being delivered by mail, wasn't I supposed to get a "welcoming package" to go along with it? I remember seeing mentions of "welcome packages" scattered through these two threads and I just assumed something would come in the mail with my first issue...but it didn't. Does it not come at the same time or how does it work?

Edit: funny that as I was posting this 2 other CAG's asked about their welcome packet lol
Posted Image

#281 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

My welcome packet showed up about a month after i signed up, but this was last year. Im sure its much quicker by now

It came with another set of coupons, GCu stickers for your RZ card and some info

#282 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

I got my welcome pack well after getting the first mag in the mail (signed up in mid-Feb, got the march issue in the mail, also received April), it's a bigger blue envelope with 4 coupons. B2g1 on New games up to $39, B2G1 used, some % off strategy guides and digital downloads.

Also, the coupons themselves should be all that's needed for them to work, rip them out of the magazine and just hand them over.

Edit: also, these coupons expire in July.

#283 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

The subscription sticker attached to your magazine through the mail with your address and information on it...does it need to stay on when you bring it into the store? The copy I got in the mail today came with the subscription sticker half-peeled off and I would rather just remove it or it's going to annoy me. Reason I ask is that after subscribing the gaming rep's always let me use the in-store copies, but I always had issues with the cashier at checkout. How else can they tell the difference between my copy and the stores? I feel like its unnecessary to keep the BB $4.99 price tag and barcode on the lower right corner if it's a subscribed copy. I'm sure that it will eventually get straightened out in the store, I would just rather not deal with it every time I go in there all month.

Why don't you just tear out your coupons and stick them in your wallet/pocket?

#284 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Why don't you just tear out your coupons and stick them in your wallet/pocket?

Because then I run the risk of having to surrender the coupons when I use them, rather than the cashier just scanning them out of the magazine.
Posted Image

#285 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

I got my welcome pack well after getting the first mag in the mail (signed up in mid-Feb, got the march issue in the mail, also received April), it's a bigger blue envelope with 4 coupons. B2g1 on New games up to $39, B2G1 used, some % off strategy guides and digital downloads.

Also, the coupons themselves should be all that's needed for them to work, rip them out of the magazine and just hand them over.

Edit: also, these coupons expire in July.

The percentage off guides is 50% if I remember correctly. I used it on the LE of the Uncharted 3 guide, which BB charges $5 OVER MSRP for($34.99 instead of $29.99:roll:).

I figured with the way the original Uncharted guide went hard-to-find/rare I better not take a chance waiting for it to penny to try grabbing one.

Because then I run the risk of having to surrender the coupons when I use them, rather than the cashier just scanning them out of the magazine.

You mean like they're SUPPOSED to?

Posted Image

#286 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

Just got my mag today and laughed at the Metroid M coupon.

#287 darkasian

darkasian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Just have the yellow shirt at the door pink tag your mag on the way in. Problem solved.

#288 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

Check the mail today and tomorrow. The coupons and AR cards for Kid Icarus should be arriving via USPS.

In the future (should be in time for the May issue), digital subscribers will get their offers via email a few days before the offers go live. They will be digital single use codes.

Where did you get this info...the digital issue states that the coupons will be emailed. I was about to go buy the physical issue or call to have them send me one just for the Kid Icarus Cards...they sold me the digital version even though i specifically asked for the physical mailed issues...after i paid and saw it on the receipt they told me it could not be changed.

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#289 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

Where did you get this info...the digital issue states that the coupons will be emailed. I was about to go buy the physical issue or call to have them send me one just for the Kid Icarus Cards...they sold me the digital version even though i specifically asked for the physical mailed issues...after i paid and saw it on the receipt they told me it could not be changed.

That's what happened to me too, you can change the sub online back to "physical", but it is too late for this month.

#290 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

Guy told me the same thing that i couldn't change it back, on a side note ;checked the mail today and I had a letter from best buy with a copy of the coupon page from the magazine. Looked like it is printed on a magazine page instead of the harder coupon page on the retail magazine. Also had a Kid icarus card. I had thrown away the cards i had in the other mags cause i didn't have the game.

#291 jvtr2985

jvtr2985

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

April mag? I still never got the March mag

Just to let eveyone know, for those who have signed up for the GCU you may have to "manually" go to the @gamermagazine website. https://w1.buysub.co...206015019&vid=2 log into your account and then change your subscription from digital to physical copy. I "unlocked" MAR 27 and just received an email stating that my digital copy of the mag was available to view, meaning that the default setting for my account was digital release and thereby depriving me of those precious coupons!!!!....hope this helps anyone that didn't receive their physical copy in the mail like they wanted.

#292 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

Guy told me the same thing that i couldn't change it back, on a side note ;checked the mail today and I had a letter from best buy with a copy of the coupon page from the magazine. Looked like it is printed on a magazine page instead of the harder coupon page on the retail magazine. Also had a Kid icarus card. I had thrown away the cards i had in the other mags cause i didn't have the game.

Hmm yeah I still havent received anything...I got the email saying the digital magazine was available. I immediately changed my account to the print version and emailed customer service. The main thing I wanted was the Kid Icarus cards lol. :(

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#293 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Wtf?

#294 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

Wtf?

Lol right, god forbid they take the coupons from you after using them....

#295 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Does the save 10% on a digital gaming purchase up to $14.99 coupon work on the $10 PSN card? :-k

#296 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

haven't gotten welcome packet and i signed up months ago and just got my first mag which is the april one

#297 narec

narec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

anyone have any luck using the april coups early?

#298 JoeZiggadigga

JoeZiggadigga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

I've gone back a few pages, and I am still confused. For those that are getting the digital magazine, is the April edition available yet? I log in to my account and it says I am Unlocked but I don't see any option to switch to a print copy of the magazine. I also do not see any coupons on the site anywhere, but I figure they might not show up until April 8 when they are supposed to start anyway.

To complicate matters further, if I click on the digital magazine login, it asks for the subscription account number found in your email. The only number in my email is my RZ member number. Anyone encounter something like this or should I just contact BBY? Thanks for any help.

#299 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

I just checked my subscription status after seeing a lot of people saying they got switched to the digital version and I'm still listed as getting the print version thankfully. They also listed that it was mailed April 1st, meaning I should likely get it tomorrow finally.

Posted Image

#300 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

I've gone back a few pages, and I am still confused. For those that are getting the digital magazine, is the April edition available yet? I log in to my account and it says I am Unlocked but I don't see any option to switch to a print copy of the magazine. I also do not see any coupons on the site anywhere, but I figure they might not show up until April 8 when they are supposed to start anyway.

To complicate matters further, if I click on the digital magazine login, it asks for the subscription account number found in your email. The only number in my email is my RZ member number. Anyone encounter something like this or should I just contact BBY? Thanks for any help.

Have you received any issues of the physical magazine? If so, there's a subscription number on there. You have to enter that and your last name at the @Gamer site to log in to get the digital magazine I would assume.

Posted Image