Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD]April BB @Gamer Mag $55 360 headset $30 Darkness 2, USED-$3 Homefront/$15 R3

• Please log in to reply
1106 replies to this topic

#511 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

But the big question is what does the system do? Will it discount $30 when you scan the coupon when only purchasing one of the games?

Chances are it will discount the one game. It's been said as a misprint. They can easily update the computer to accept 1 game if it didn't do that already in the first place. The correction is more for people who were confused or employees only accepting what the coupon says.

#512 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

coupon says not valid on preowned games unless coupon specifically states its for a preowned game
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#513 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

I have an older BB Rewards Zone member number (9 digits instead of 10) and while I get the 10% unlocked discount if I buy a used game online, my card never seems to work in store. The game rings up at full used price and I always have to argue for the 10%. Homefront cost me $3 + tax instead of the $1+ that other people are getting it for.

Anyone who has this same issue, do you have an old number as well? I'm trying to gather some info before I call customer service to find out why my number doesn't work correctly. Thanks!

#514 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

I have an older BB Rewards Zone member number (9 digits instead of 10) and while I get the 10% unlocked discount if I buy a used game online, my card never seems to work in store. The game rings up at full used price and I always have to argue for the 10%. Homefront cost me $3 + tax instead of the $1+ that other people are getting it for.

Anyone who has this same issue, do you have an old number as well? I'm trying to gather some info before I call customer service to find out why my number doesn't work correctly. Thanks!

Use your phone number instead. I have a 9 digit number and my card never works for the 10% or to populate my info for trade ins.

#515 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Use your phone number instead. I have a 9 digit number and my card never works for the 10% or to populate my info for trade ins.

Oh! Well there's a great idea I obviously did not think of. My in store purchases do show up on my Rewards Zone account and I can see an Unlocked line item when I look at purchase details but that 10% just does not work. I haven't traded in games since I joined unlocked so I'm not sure if that bonus works either.

I'll try using my phone number next time I buy a used game and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the tip.

#516 mattvander

mattvander

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Got Homefront and Resistance 3, paid $12.05 (after using $5 Reward Zone cert) plus my R3 had a valid online pass on it. Thank you OP!!

#517 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

Put a zero in front of your Reward Zone number. My number is the same way (9 digits instead of 10) so the online system wouldn't recognize it and take my Unlocked discount off when ordering online (although never had an issue in-store). Played around with the numbers online and putting a zero before my RZ number worked. Instantly recognized and applied...

#518 ninjabenja

ninjabenja

Where do I put my title?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

Just to throw out some useless information, since the better answer of using your phone number has already been given, I have a five digit number and they would always have to add five zeroes before my number in the old days to get it to work.
edit: yeah, what esalw822 said.

It actually sounds unrelated to them entering your account properly if you do see the purchases showing in your RZ account. Sounds like you should be hitting up the Best Buy Forums to get your Unlocked account to work properly:
http://forums.bestbu...bd-p/gamersclub
I'd just make a new thread and usually a mod will get back to you within 3-5 days. Slow initial response, but they usually get the issue resolved.

Oh! Well there's a great idea I obviously did not think of. My in store purchases do show up on my Rewards Zone account and I can see an Unlocked line item when I look at purchase details but that 10% just does not work. I haven't traded in games since I joined unlocked so I'm not sure if that bonus works either.

I'll try using my phone number next time I buy a used game and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the tip.

#519 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

i always just use my phone number everytime. i tell my friends to use it also, lol.
so sometimes i see purchases and points and im like thats awesome, and then i see they bought a cassette adapter for $35 for an iphone case for some crazy amount of $$ and then i cringe, but i appreciate the rz points cuz i only use gc's and therefore earn very little points. lol. but yeah, the game trade supervisors knew my # offhand.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#520 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Just picked up Homefront for 360. The disc was pretty beat up it had a small crack near the middle and a couple of scratches. Surprisingly the online pass and camouflage dlc (though it says it expired on the sixth of 2011) weren't used.

#521 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

No Homefronts left at my local store but did get a complete copy of Resistance 3 minus the online code. Thanks OP.

#522 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

i was looking just in case it got a good sale, but my local bestbuy doesnt even have Yakuza Dead Souls. Ugh!
I'm playing it now and it is such a great game (combat lil flawed compared to Yakuza 4 brawler cuz you are using guns vs zombies, but still great) but it went from white knight chron 2 then yoostar 2 then xmen destiny. crazy they stock shit like xmen destiny and not yakuza. it wasnt even sold out just not even there. ugh for shame.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#523 shiftymcneely

shiftymcneely

I love my Lions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

I scored the last Homefront for the 360. I would have gotten the last resistance 3, but it is disc only and not worth it to me.

Rating scale ( :cold: :drool: :cry: :applause: :hot:)

:xb1:  Nothing

:ps4: Diablo 3 :hot:

:wiiu: nothing

#524 Prosper

Prosper

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

I wasn't able to get past my local store (Woodland, CA) yesterday, and they'd sold the single copy of Homefront (360) they'd had. Luckily I was headed to Sacramento anyway, so I was able to swing by and snag the last one in Natomas for $1.30. It was in good shape and complete with manual, so I'm happy. :)

#525 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

I wasn't able to get past my local store (Woodland, CA) yesterday, and they'd sold the single copy of Homefront (360) they'd had. Luckily I was headed to Sacramento anyway, so I was able to swing by and snag the last one in Natomas for $1.30. It was in good shape and complete with manual, so I'm happy. :)

Hey what are you doing at my local store? JK, I was looking for the PS3 copy and they don't have any. Even the guy at the gaming dept is a fellow CAG.

#526 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

I can't believe anyone was able to find the game today with the limited suppy and crazy low price.There was only one copy left at my BBY after I bought my copy Monday. Go figure.

#527 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:44 AM

According to the list posted in another thread my closest store is one of the 50 getting the axe soon.:cry:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=319188

It seems like just a totally random list to me. Two stores in quite a few states and one area(Syracuse, NY) is losing two of their three stores. The only one staying open up there is the one in Clay.:-s

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#528 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

According to the list posted in another thread my closest store is one of the 50 getting the axe soon.:cry:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=319188

It seems like just a totally random list to me. Two stores in quite a few states and one area(Syracuse, NY) is losing two of their three stores. The only one staying open up there is the one in Clay.:-s

And the CEO just called it quits.

#529 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

Hey what are you doing at my local store? JK, I was looking for the PS3 copy and they don't have any. Even the guy at the gaming dept is a fellow CAG.

sorry, that was me! i grabbed the last copy of Homefront (and only copy from what i saw) for 360 yesterday. but there was a PS3 copy from what i remember. wait, which guy is also a CAG?

#530 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

sorry, that was me! i grabbed the last copy of Homefront (and only copy from what i saw) for 360 yesterday. but there was a PS3 copy from what i remember. wait, which guy is also a CAG?

The guy at the gaming dept. in Natomas. Sup fellow pinoy.

#531 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

The guy at the gaming dept. in Natomas. Sup fellow pinoy.

oh okay, i thought you meant at woodland. sup! hows the gaming department in general over at the Natomas BBY?

#532 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:57 AM

Yeah. That's usually never a good sign.:-# It just sucks that my closest store is on the list. The next closest one is 20 miles from me and most of the management there are a buncha toolbags who look for any reason to exclude PMing something and would most likely flag my trade-ins in a second if the 3 per title limit was still going.:-#

Posted Image

#533 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

oh okay, i thought you meant at woodland. sup! hows the gaming department in general over at the Natomas BBY?

The gaming dept. here are cool folks. I was just told about the 1 title per platform per year trade in yesterday, but they said they let me go over except I could get ban. LOL, not taking that chance.

#534 Prosper

Prosper

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:20 AM

No worries! I kinda figured chances were slim that it would still be there today. And besides, it worked out for me in the end.

#535 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

Picked up homefront and resistance 3 for ps3 for less than $15. Both complete even with online pass.

#536 htz

htz

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

Yeah. That's usually never a good sign.:-#

"Certain issues were brought to the board's attention regarding Dunn's personal conduct, unrelated to the company's operations or financial controls, and an audit committee investigation was initiated," according to a company statement issued late Tuesday. "Prior to the completion of the investigation, Mr. Dunn chose to resign."

It had nothing to do with him giving up on the company or how he ran it. Brian Dunn appears to be a nice guy, I wonder what he did that was so bad it forced him to quit immediately.

#537 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

Probably banged a secretary or something.

#538 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

is that the dude who talks at the beginning of my bb cs calls?
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#539 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

is that the dude who talks at the beginning of my bb cs calls?

Not anymore it's not.:-#

Posted Image

#540 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

Probably banged a secretary or something.

They didnt sleep together, they were UP ALL NIIIIIGHT !
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png