Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD]April BB @Gamer Mag $55 360 headset $30 Darkness 2, USED-$3 Homefront/$15 R3

• Please log in to reply
1106 replies to this topic

#661 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

It's a TRAP!!!

i agree

nobody is saying it's the gamestop clerk's fault. They're just saying it's annoying. And since we know there's a ton of other options, there's no need to put up with it.

Like if you walked into Target and their policy was to throw feces at you. People just would like to avoid that.

im not really sure how asking for preorders is even remotely comparable to tossing feces at me...

#662 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

It's not the same scale but just something most of us would rather avoid if possible.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#663 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

It's not the same scale but just something most of us would rather avoid if possible.

yes to compare something it usually needs to be somewhat close to the same scale. Feces is like that 700 Foot Homerun someone hits.

#664 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Granted I don't go to GS too often, but out of the last three times I went in there and bought something not once did anyone ask me to pre-order or buy anything other than what I asked for. In fact the last time with the EA gift cards, the manager helped me and was nice and no pressure. The last time I got asked about a pre-order was when I bought Deadly Premonition and they tried to convince to pre-order Alan Wake because I guess they thought the two games were similar.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#665 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

darkness 2
:360: $25 USED PRIOR to 10% off GCU
:ps3: $35 USED PRIOR to 10 off coupon & 10% GCU discount
for those lucky enuf to come accross a used copy grab it now with these discounts & just wait to see if the new copy drops & become = or cheaper.

Also,
GCU silver tier status, BB pm'ing AMZ daily in DOTD form, BB joining CAG & coupons being allowed for online use info has also been completely updated in the OP. With nearly 50 KUDO's for the coupons shouldn't be too long before this is put into place if assuming they haven't already begun making moves towards this option.

Edited by Enuf, 15 April 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#666 Shaimun

Shaimun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Amazon is selling The Darkness II PS3 for 29.99 so it is another alternative instead of using the coupon to bring it down to 30$ anyway.

The Darkness II - PS3 - 29.99

#667 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

darkness 2
:360: $25 USED PRIOR TO 10% off GCU
:ps3: $35 USED PRIOR TO 10 off coupon & 10% GCU discount
for those lucky enuf to come accross a used copy grab it now with these discounts & just wait to see if the new copy drops & become = or cheaper.

Also,
GCU silver tier status, BB pm'ing AMZ daily in DOTD form, BB joining CAG & coupons being allowed for online use info has also been completely updated in the OP. With nearly 50 KUDO's for the coupons shouldn't be too long before this is put into place if assuming they haven't already begun making moves towards this option.

On the back of the coupon it says cannot be owned on preowned unless it states preowned. Care to tell me what I may have missed and if it can be replicated on the metroid coupon.

#668 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

On the back of the coupon it says cannot be owned on preowned unless it states preowned. Care to tell me what I may have missed and if it can be replicated on the metroid coupon.

There's a $10 off a used game coupon in this month's magazine.

Amazon is selling The Darkness II PS3 for 29.99 so it is another alternative instead of using the coupon to bring it down to 30$ anyway.

After coupon and membership discount, it would be $21.50 at Best Buy.

#669 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Whats all the fuss about updates? Steam automagically updated all my games for me while I was sleeping. :) ... oh wait, we're talking about consoles not real systems.

ach.png

#670 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

The gaming coupon would be bring the price down to $24.99 ($35- $10 off) + the 10% discount.

#671 Shaimun

Shaimun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

The gaming coupon would be bring the price down to $24.99 ($35- $10 off) + the 10% discount.

That would be the pre-owned copy of it. I was referring to the new copy which there will not be a deduction of 10% for GCU and the new one is listed as 39.99.

#672 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Anyone know what happens at a bb when it closes? Is everything just msrp and they take it off? and do the discounts get higher the closer it is to closing?

#673 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

Anyone know what happens at a bb when it closes? Is everything just msrp and they take it off? and do the discounts get higher the closer it is to closing?

I'll know tomorrow. One of my 2 local BB stores is closing. It said get 20% off of everything. Since it's not a liquidation, I don't see why they wouldn't still have the normal sales on, too. I don't think they'll hit crazy percentages... Not when there's 2500 other stores to send inventory to.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#674 sokmaster

sokmaster

sweep the leg

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

Two weeks into April and I still haven't gotten my magazine in the mail. Should I be worried; has everyone else gotten theirs? I'd be more upset if there were some amazing deals to be had that I was missing out on, but it's not like I _need_ it now.

#675 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

Two weeks into April and I still haven't gotten my magazine in the mail. Should I be worried; has everyone else gotten theirs? I'd be more upset if there were some amazing deals to be had that I was missing out on, but it's not like I _need_ it now.

If there is some insane deal that comes up that you'd miss out on otherwise by not having the magazine, then you could always go in store and show them you're in the GCU and state you haven't received this month's mag as of yet.

But I would also be checking my status on the @Gamer customer service site to see if maybe they switched you to a digital format magazine and to switch it back.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#676 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

Was interested in picking up Resistance 3, but wondered how used games come at BB. Do they have stickers all over the cases? are they usually complete? I usually avoid used games but wanted to use one of these coupons.
Posted Image

#677 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Was interested in picking up Resistance 3, but wondered how used games come at BB. Do they have stickers all over the cases? are they usually complete? I usually avoid used games but wanted to use one of these coupons.

The only sticker on the case on the BB used games is usually over the original UPC. But it's a difficult to get off kind of sticker, just like the old EB Games stickers used to be.

Posted Image

#678 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

Damn im one of those anal retentive fellas. Ill have to ponder if this will hit new for 15 some day. Thanks for the info though.
Posted Image

#679 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:57 AM

Damn im one of those anal retentive fellas. Ill have to ponder if this will hit new for 15 some day. Thanks for the info though.

As long as you have a piece of packing tape you can get most(if not all) of the leftover glue residue off the case with little to no trouble at all. I have yet to do that to my copy of :ps3:Dead Island, but I've already picked off the sticker as it is. So hopefully the rest of the glue will come off as easily as the one that used to be on the older Gamestop stickers.

Posted Image

#680 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

yeah ive learned to give up on removing the bb stickers. the used game deals are usually so good i figure im just gonna keep the game so leaving the sticker isnt that big of a deal. and if i wanna trade it in, i just use a craft knife and cut it out.

The only sticker on the case on the BB used games is usually over the original UPC. But it's a difficult to get off kind of sticker, just like the old EB Games stickers used to be.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#681 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

yeah ive learned to give up on removing the bb stickers. the used game deals are usually so good i figure im just gonna keep the game so leaving the sticker isnt that big of a deal. and if i wanna trade it in, i just use a craft knife and cut it out.

You guys talking about stickers on the case? I always use boiling hot water plus a mixture of dish soap and white vinegar, scrub with a sponge, works like a charm

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#682 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

You guys talking about stickers on the case? I always use boiling hot water plus a mixture of dish soap and white vinegar, scrub with a sponge, works like a charm

with my luck that would just damage the case worse lol.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#683 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Wow fancy, I use goo gone and just remove the artwork first.

#684 midloo

midloo

I'll have to try that. I usually end up using my wife's nail polish remover and it does a pretty good job.
Posted Image

#685 M00seKnuckle

M00seKnuckle

Best in the world!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

I just use Goo Gone, very fast and smells like citrus!
Coheed and Cambria kicks balls!

#686 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

I'll have to try that. I usually end up using my wife's nail polish remover and it does a pretty good job.

I used to do that, and it works better, but I cannot stand the smell

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#687 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

I just use Goo Gone, very fast and smells like citrus!

Except that Goo Gone then leaves a greasy residue behind from what I've seen.:-#

Posted Image

#688 Ymeegod

Ymeegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

Bestbuy announced eariler today which 50 store where closing and they ones in Syracuse NY weren't on the list :0. Kinda glad since I'm only 1 mile or so from the Dewitt BB store.

Couldn't find any copies of Sin & Punishment nor Metroid M for the WII at my two stores.

#689 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

Bestbuy announced eariler today which 50 store where closing and they ones in Syracuse NY weren't on the list :0. Kinda glad since I'm only 1 mile or so from the Dewitt BB store.

Couldn't find any copies of Sin & Punishment nor Metroid M for the WII at my two stores.

But they did also say in their statement that there are three as yet unnamed stores.:cry: The DeWitt store though was always my source for decent deals when I was up that way for work.;) That and the Sears nearby never failed to amaze me with the sheer volume of good stuff really cheap that was left untouched in that area. I always thought for such a major metro area that every deal would be cleaned out.:-#

Posted Image

#690 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

WD-40 takes the residue off with 1 wipe. As long as you don't use too much, it doesn't make the case greasy, either.

iouabeatn.png