Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD]April BB @Gamer Mag $55 360 headset $30 Darkness 2, USED-$3 Homefront/$15 R3

• Please log in to reply
1106 replies to this topic

#721 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Welp guess i gotta check target now hah. Thanks for the tip :bouncy:

You're welcome. I was thinking I saw those instore a while ago. Also, I pulled those numbers from the Target Clearance Thread and they are from Oct/Nov, last year.

Here's the store finder for the PS3 version:

http://sites.target....pci=207-24-0450

The Xbox DPCI/item number isn't listed.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#722 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

I thought that looked familiar from Target clearance. Ahhh... I see... $7.48 PS3/$8.98 X360 GOTY versions of both.

Yeah. I was shocked when I got that on clearance for the $7.50 price. I think I even got it from my second closest Target store. Normally I'd have to be out of town for work in order to find decent clearance prices like that.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#723 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

For those who have played Kingdoms of Amalur, how much would you say it's worth? Gamer's Club Unlocked and the $10 coupon bring it down to $30 right now, plus I have about $13 in store credit, so it'd be probably $18 out of pocket after tax.

#724 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

For those who have played Kingdoms of Amalur, how much would you say it's worth? Gamer's Club Unlocked and the $10 coupon bring it down to $30 right now, plus I have about $13 in store credit, so it'd be probably $18 out of pocket after tax.

It's repetitive(like a lot of games nowadays) and there's a lot of fetch quests. I got bored with it about 4-5 hours in after one night of playing it. I haven't gotten around to going back to it to see if it gets any better either.:cry:

Posted Image

#725 NLW1999

NLW1999

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

Heads up for anyone with a closing store that wants a preowned copy of Resistance 3. After the 20% closing discount, 10% GCU discount and $20 Gamers Mag coupon, Resistance 3 cost me $4.50 + tax. I grabbed Homefront for $0.00 earlier today. :D

#726 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

I really love it. Definitely worth $18, though it'll probably be missing the online pass which adds a few more quests.

#727 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

Thanks guys...I can live with a game being repetitive if the gameplay is fun.

#728 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:23 AM

yeah i just got it for 40 last week new. i couldnt wait any longer.
i won't play it for months. lol cag backlog fail

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#729 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

Went to bb today to get my.price adjustment on ME3 and while I was there decided to grab Homefront for 360. With the coupon to total after tax was $1.28, I figure its gotta be worth that, but based of what others have said it could be up for debate

#730 Jesse757x

Jesse757x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

Every time I order a game for ship to store, I get an e-mail that says it shipped and in transit to store. Then, a few days later I get a delayed shipment e-mail. Has anyone used this ship to store option successfully? Should I cancel or just keep the order and hope it goes through?

#731 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

Every time I order a game for ship to store, I get an e-mail that says it shipped and in transit to store. Then, a few days later I get a delayed shipment e-mail. Has anyone used this ship to store option successfully? Should I cancel or just keep the order and hope it goes through?

Is ship to store the same as in store pick up? If so I've used it a number of times and the item is always ready within an hour or so. I've also had to have them order me a sale item that was out of stock (rocketfish blu tooth headset w/ coupon) and they notified me when it arrived in store

#732 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

Went to bb today to get my.price adjustment on ME3 and while I was there decided to grab Homefront for 360. With the coupon to total after tax was $1.28, I figure its gotta be worth that, but based of what others have said it could be up for debate

IDK why everyone craps on homefront. The premise is believable, the graphics are good, and it is entertaining to play.

It is really short and on the rails gameplay, but I think it is a decent playthough. I would have been mad if I paid more than $20 for it, but for under $5 it is worth picking up.

#733 TheSithAssassin

TheSithAssassin

CAGpocalypse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

Best Buy in Manteca, CA started its going out of business sales today. Picked up Homefront for free (after 20% + @gamer mag coupon) and Resistance 3 for 8 (after 20% + @gamer mag coupon). Both were like new since online codes were not used. Good to know that the out of business sales stack with the @gamer coupons.

#734 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

Best Buy in Manteca, CA started its going out of business sales today. Picked up Homefront for free (after 20% + @gamer mag coupon) and Resistance 3 for 8 (after 20% + @gamer mag coupon). Both were like new since online codes were not used. Good to know that the out of business sales stack with the @gamer coupons.

That was likely a YMMV error on their part, since usually once the going out of business cycle begins all normal weekly sale prices, doing price matching and so on would go out the window.

Posted Image

#735 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

i thought homefront was good. would have the plat if not for grind/online heavy lord of war trophy that you need to complete all online mp challenges. i even boosted most of them like 10kill streak with each weapon/bot/vehicle, but just couldnt do anymore.

i remember playing through the game on hard the only time i played it, and it was hard and fun, and getting two trophies for beating each level and beating it on hard. nothing like waw but still a good challenge, especially the tiger direct fire sale store was tough as nails.

i think i kept my copy from 5/25 bbv sale. i gave away the 2 copies i picked up from bestbuy as gifts, good stuff.

i really enjoy the assault rifle sniping. idk if they patched it but there was like no recoil on the weapons so i would just headshot everyone from across the map. it was like line up the laser sight with their heads and go to town and every bullet would connect. like a frickn laser beam. i wish mw3 had no recoil like that, lol

oooh yeah, i also loved the medal of honor style bonuses/killstreaks you would get. and the best part is they were like mw3 support streaks before that game even came out. so even if you die 30 times, if you get enough points you could call in an epic airstrike or vehicle or bot. i loved calling in the parrot drone and just spending the whole round being the eye in the sky and lighting the other team up. good times.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#736 TheSithAssassin

TheSithAssassin

CAGpocalypse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

You're probably right. I guess I was lucky. Hopefully my luck continues next week :D. it never hurts to ask like i did today. hehehe

#737 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

i thought homefront was good. would have the plat if not for grind/online heavy lord of war trophy that you need to complete all online mp challenges. i even boosted most of them like 10kill streak with each weapon/bot/vehicle, but just couldnt do anymore.

i remember playing through the game on hard the only time i played it, and it was hard and fun, and getting two trophies for beating each level and beating it on hard. nothing like waw but still a good challenge, especially the tiger direct fire sale store was tough as nails.

i think i kept my copy from 5/25 bbv sale. i gave away the 2 copies i picked up from bestbuy as gifts, good stuff.

i really enjoy the assault rifle sniping. idk if they patched it but there was like no recoil on the weapons so i would just headshot everyone from across the map. it was like line up the laser sight with their heads and go to town and every bullet would connect. like a frickn laser beam. i wish mw3 had no recoil like that, lol

oooh yeah, i also loved the medal of honor style bonuses/killstreaks you would get. and the best part is they were like mw3 support streaks before that game even came out. so even if you die 30 times, if you get enough points you could call in an epic airstrike or vehicle or bot. i loved calling in the parrot drone and just spending the whole round being the eye in the sky and lighting the other team up. good times.

From the little multiplayer I played yesterday, snipers are still awesome like that. Pretty sweet headshotting fools like that across the map.

#738 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

IDK why everyone craps on homefront. The premise is believable, the graphics are good, and it is entertaining to play.

It is really short and on the rails gameplay, but I think it is a decent playthough. I would have been mad if I paid more than $20 for it, but for under $5 it is worth picking up.

you answered your own question. people did pay 60 bucks for it.

also i dont know as i havent opened my copy i just got yet but i also heard it was too much like COD overall. so why play it over COD???

admittely people are hypocrits for hating a game for being too much like COD and only have a 4 hour campaign a complaint i never heard levied against COD.

#739 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

you answered your own question. people did pay 60 bucks for it.

also i dont know as i havent opened my copy i just got yet but i also heard it was too much like COD overall. so why play it over COD???

admittely people are hypocrits for hating a game for being too much like COD and only have a 4 hour campaign a complaint i never heard levied against COD.

That complaint was thrown at COD4, which I think was the first super-short campaign. People complained about WAW because, well, I thought it sucked except for the introduction of the zombies. By the time MW2 came around the campaign was expected and there were other multi-player focused issues for people to complain about, lol. And then Black Ops felt like a bit of a longer campaign again.

Homefront is worth $5/$10 for sure. The shooter mechanics are solid enough that if you have nothing else to play, you can play that for a few hours. I got my copy for $5 but was more than happy to trade it into Best Buy for $3.50 or so a couple weeks ago. I didn't even finish the campaign, I got bored with how mundane it all felt. Plus the story just didn't pull me in.

#740 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

That complaint was thrown at COD4, which I think was the first super-short campaign. People complained about WAW because, well, I thought it sucked except for the introduction of the zombies. By the time MW2 came around the campaign was expected and there were other multi-player focused issues for people to complain about, lol. And then Black Ops felt like a bit of a longer campaign again.

Homefront is worth $5/$10 for sure. The shooter mechanics are solid enough that if you have nothing else to play, you can play that for a few hours. I got my copy for $5 but was more than happy to trade it into Best Buy for $3.50 or so a couple weeks ago. I didn't even finish the campaign, I got bored with how mundane it all felt. Plus the story just didn't pull me in.

well for 3 dollars i likely wont have any complaints it sounds like.

really any game i get for under 10 dollars has to crash every 5 minutes for me to hate it. honestly i am not really that critical of games 10 dollars or less(much less 3 dollars) if i can get 5-10 hours of entertainment ill be satisfied. probably because 10 dollars feels like a cheap dvd purchase so anything past 2 hours is bonus money.

yea i dont like the COD multiplayer all that much. i do oddly enough enjoy the fast paced adreline rushed campaigns though. and i liked COD's zombie mode and black ops fighting bots. it was good enough fun and i have one friend who hates the online multiplayer so we had fun with that bot mode.

#741 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

For the 1.27 I spent Homefront was awesome. And really if it was executed better it could have been an amazing game for even $60. A longer campaign and maybe throw in a few more things to break up the normal shooting and you'd have a great game. Even as is there's a lot to like.

There is a scene which is rather disturbing and not necessary where
Spoiler
. And the campaign is DEFINITELY short,
Spoiler

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#742 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

For the 1.27 I spent Homefront was awesome. And really if it was executed better it could have been an amazing game for even $60. A longer campaign and maybe throw in a few more things to break up the normal shooting and you'd have a great game. Even as is there's a lot to like.

Spoiler
Spoiler

It's an M rated game about a foreign nation taking over the US. I expected to see graphic visuals. So to me it fit into the game perfectly. Albeit maybe it was a bit over the top of them to put it in there. But it definitely fit with the brutal storyline.

Posted Image

#743 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

It's an M rated game about a foreign nation taking over the US. I expected to see graphic visuals. So to me it fit into the game perfectly. Albeit maybe it was a bit over the top of them to put it in there. But it definitely fit with the brutal storyline.

It fit in I guess sure...guess it seemed a little unnecessary to me since I have a 1 1/2 year old and a 2 year old :bomb:. Plus that's an image you rarely see in movies, let alone gaming. Kids and violent acts aren't often shown.

233526.png

#744 robodaddyo

robodaddyo

is not a scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

It fit in I guess sure...guess it seemed a little unnecessary to me since I have a 1 1/2 year old and a 2 year old :bomb:. Plus that's an image you rarely see in movies, let alone gaming. Kids and violent acts aren't often shown.

You played the game in front of them? :lol:

"...I normally open every game I buy anymore...", "...since I ONLY usually...", "...because it's wasn't fun...", "Pretty much sure it does...", "Works always gets in...", "...I acually spelled the my user...", "this will help let more people see it as this more people see...", "You very probably won't...", "...wouldnt have good sales less often due to less competition."

Please, stop butchering the English language. These are horrible.

#745 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

You played the game in front of them? :lol:

Haha :roll: No! But I can identify with it a little more having kids around the same age.

233526.png

#746 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

yeah i gave a copy of homefront to a kid (19) staying at my hotel and he has mw3 also, but he loved the campaign. i asked yesterday if the online pass worked and he said he didnt even try. lol

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#747 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Spoiler
Spoiler

That whole bus ride is a tough scene to watch, but it definitely sets the tone for the game. That is one of the reasons I like the game. The premise is possible (though China woulds probably be the invaders, rather than Korea).

I should add I haven't played many "war" FPS (other than black ops), so I am not sure if they borrowed from other series, but I enjoyed the single player campaign. I haven't tried multiplayer yet.

#748 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

I loved it, played the entire game and all faction story lines. Traded it for 30 to Amazon and now really wish I still had it as the DLC looks cool (Pirates !!)
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#749 traderd

traderd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

Guess I'll never know what a crappy game Homefront is since I have yet to receive my Gamer mag for the month : (

#750 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

That whole bus ride is a tough scene to watch, but it definitely sets the tone for the game. That is one of the reasons I like the game. The premise is possible (though China woulds probably be the invaders, rather than Korea).

Why would China invade what is allready theirs?