Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD]April BB @Gamer Mag $55 360 headset $30 Darkness 2, USED-$3 Homefront/$15 R3

• Please log in to reply
1106 replies to this topic

#1081 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

Didn't realize Homefront had an online pass. You'd think when a game does as bad as it did they would just make the online pass free since the only way anyone would buy this game was if it was used for a super low price.

#1082 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

Went to BB and was able to pm the Darkness 2 tweet! It will require an override for the pm and another one for the coupon to be applied.

#1083 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Didn't realize Homefront had an online pass. You'd think when a game does as bad as it did they would just make the online pass free since the only way anyone would buy this game was if it was used for a super low price.

Used does NOTHING for the publisher, so the only way for them to make money off the super cheap used sales is to ding people for the pass.

#1084 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

Used does NOTHING for the publisher, so the only way for them to make money off the super cheap used sales is to ding people for the pass.

I understand that, but honestly I'm probably not even going to spend the money to play the online.

#1085 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

I understand that, but honestly I'm probably not even going to spend the money to play the online.

They did do a smart thing though because I think you can play up to level 5 online then need a pass to go higher.

Kinda get you hooked if you like it sort of thing. Easier to say no to something before trying it, because if you try it and like it then they get ya.

#1086 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

The coupon probably didn't work because you're supposed to buy Metroid Other M AND Sin and Punishment 2 for the $30 to come off.

As another posted above, you only had to buy 1 per Mike and Kyle on the BBY forums.

#1087 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

Went to BB and was able to pm the Darkness 2 tweet! It will require an override for the pm and another one for the coupon to be applied.

Wow, you actually managed to get both a PM and use of the coupon? :applause:

I was glad I even managed to get the PM. Used trade-in credit from a Target clearance game during their mobile coupon week and got it for free (excluding gas I suppose).

#1088 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

Wow, you actually managed to get both a PM and use of the coupon? :applause:

I was glad I even managed to get the PM. Used trade-in credit from a Target clearance game during their mobile coupon week and got it for free (excluding gas I suppose).

Yeah, I got it 3 times too! ;) It helped that they did it last time. I just asked if they could do it again for my last 2 coupons. I got 3 copies total (1 to play, 1 for my bro, and one to keep sealed with my sealed Darkness 1 game).

EDIT: Heads up: double RZ points 5/5 and 5/6, no coupon required.

#1089 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

Yeah, I got it 3 times too! ;) It helped that they did it last time. I just asked if they could do it again for my last 2 coupons. I got 3 copies total (1 to play, 1 for my bro, and one to keep sealed with my sealed Darkness 1 game).

EDIT: Heads up: double RZ points 5/5 and 5/6, no coupon required.

I'll have to try that next time, though I could only imagine 3 specific BBY reps in the area being willing to even try. Wish I could find a decent copy of Darkness 1, anything I've ever found at Gamestop has been completely destroyed.

#1090 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

I'm debating if I am going to use my resistance $20 off or $10 off 29.99+ used coupons. I would like to just buy something and trade it back in to make some credit, but I don't see many options.

#1091 funkflexmctough

funkflexmctough

Mmmm.....deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:48 AM

I would sell someone my Homefront online passcode. It's un-used and Ive since traded in the game. Just make me an offer for it
Posted Image

i buy that used games .i don,t have any problem

#1092 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

too bad they never put Yakuza on sale :-(

#1093 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

I was going to say the same about that leaked Twitter 'sale' that never materialized on Darkness II.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1094 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

I was going to say the same about that leaked Twitter 'sale' that never materialized on Darkness II.

Just rolling off that on this new page; i wonder what they do with the statistics of the coupons. Say 'this coupon was used by 80% of subscribers and 70% of single issues sold while this coupon was used by 10% of subscribers and 5% single issues sold. I would think they look at that stuff when inventing the month's ahead set of offers.

So while it stinks we didn't use the darkness or yakuza coupon, i would hope it helps us in the long run of what to offer in coupons and what weekly sales they put out to help savvy shoppers.

Just my two cents. This program is still new on my eyes and quoting iatcg will guaranty me at least one reply :)

#1095 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

I know that's right. If it was $20 or less with coupon, I would've snagged it. Oh well, I have write a few games to play now.

#1096 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

Have you guys found a use for these coupons:

$25 off Tritton Xbox Wireless Headset

It's been $55 for about a week now about 50% off the MSRP so that's pretty the deal for it.

Maybe one of these years if we get a 3D tv, we might qualify for silver.

get the credit card & use it to pay bills & buy gas you'll be silver in months. Also, try to buy as much Target/walmart/Sears...stuff @ BB using price matches that's what I do.

Actually it was clarified on the BB forums that it was either or and you did NOT have to buy both to use the coupon.

But was it every fixed in the system?

#1097 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:41 AM

get the credit card & use it to pay bills & buy gas you'll be silver in months. Also, try to buy as much Target/walmart/Sears...stuff @ BB using price matches that's what I do.

I have the credit card and use it as much as I can, but I try to buy a lot at Target using their credit card, since you get 5% off instantly before tax.

#1098 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

coupons should expire today there's also a 2X RZ point deal 5/5-5/6 that should stack with the 2X point for GC so now would be a time to grab a sub for some points.
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/

#1099 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

Picked up homefront for 1.28 and R3 for 12 something. Happy I got in on something on the last day.
Posted Image

#1100 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:00 AM

Yeah, really. But I still bought it anyway. :D

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#1101 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

I have the credit card and use it as much as I can, but I try to buy a lot at Target using their credit card, since you get 5% off instantly before tax.

5% off a $60 game is only $3 & the basic pm will usually be at least to $40 w/i 30 days(more like 2 weeks recently). Look at the Max Payne deal people will end up with no worse than $40 & $20 credit on day 1 & the ability to trade it in for $30 since they'll have it on day 1. Doing this 3 times gets you $60 credit & at least $60 cash back vs the $9 savings(tax not included since state tax varies so much).

#1102 TheCro

TheCro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:17 AM

Shame I didn't get to use April's coupons, but I just got the magazine for May in the mail and these coupons look way better.

#1103 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:30 AM

Shame I didn't get to use April's coupons, but I just got the magazine for May in the mail and these coupons look way better.

At least two of the May coupons are repeats from prior months. One of them being the $10 off a $29.99 or higher pre-owned game. I forget the other repeat, but I know I've seen at least 1-2(or more) of these before.

Posted Image

#1104 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

At least two of the May coupons are repeats from prior months. One of them being the $10 off a $29.99 or higher pre-owned game. I forget the other repeat, but I know I've seen at least 1-2(or more) of these before.

assassin's creed is the repeat this month

#1105 TheCro

TheCro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

Sounds good to me. Just started using the magazine not too long ago, but I'd definitely pick up AC:R for <$20. (Missed the spring break sales)

#1106 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:02 AM

Ahh yes. That's the one I forgot about. But I swear I also remember that WipeOut 2 one being a repeat as well.:-#

Posted Image

#1107 TartacustheGr8

TartacustheGr8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

Kind of a long shot here but I just beat Homefront and started with the multiplayer, which was surprisingly pretty good. My question was if anybody had an online code that they didnt plan on using and could throw my way? I cant bring myself to spend $10 for a multiplayer code when the game cost me less than $2