YMMV Devil May Cry HD Collection Out @ Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I got this last night.

It is sad that im being double (and in some cases depending on game) triple dipped into this series. However, I wanted to go through the DMC series again soon and the ps2 games look like BLAH on my 37" 1080p Panny (not a brag topic..just stating facts). This will at least make it look nice and acceptable more than playing with blurry old graphics. And really, 40 dollars is not TOO bad of a price for the amount of material this package will give (especially for new comers for the DMC series).

#62 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Eh? That was what won the art contest? I am disappoint.

It was one of several entries, and the only entry that had ANYthing DmC related. I think that's the only reason why it got a place in the collection. I'm just relieved there aren't any trailers or other crap of DmC. Plenty of other DMC only fanart made it in there, so don't worry.

I'm so happy that people are picking this up. :) Hopefully Capcom will get the message that this is the real DMC that people want.

Edited by GuardianE, 30 March 2012 - 09:34 PM.

My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#63 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

The UPC# for the PS3 version-

Some retailers (like Walmart) only use the first 11 digits. Sadly, no Walmart within a 50 mile radius of mine will be getting this game anytime soon.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#64 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

Snagged one for $15 out of pocket after trade ins. Works for me. Thanks for the heads up OP :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#65 TeamSwish

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

I saw it today but I resisted. Hopefully it will drop somewhat soon. I dislike paying full price. I will keep on playing some Ultimate MVC in the meantime.

#66 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

just picked this up for ps3 at gs after trading in ffxiii-2. dmc1 looks fantastic so far
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#67 Tgibby86

Tgibby86

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

Just picked this up thanks to this thread, thank you for posting, all the people bitching about it not being a deal, chill out. Very helpful info!

#68 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:47 AM

Capcom is at the end of their fiscal year so I'm sure any money they can get they want so that's why the OK was given to sell the game early.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#69 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:50 AM

Capcom is at the end of their fiscal year so I'm sure any money they can get they want so that's why the OK was given to sell the game early.

It's possible, they did the same thing with Okamiden last year around roughly the same time.

#70 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

It was one of several entries, and the only entry that had ANYthing DmC related. I think that's the only reason why it got a place in the collection. I'm just relieved there aren't any trailers or other crap of DmC. Plenty of other DMC only fanart made it in there, so don't worry.

I'm so happy that people are picking this up. :) Hopefully Capcom will get the message that this is the real DMC that people want.

Awesome. Gonna pick this up today at full price and play the shit out of it...again.

#71 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Nice, thanks OP!!!

#72 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

Does this collection offer an option to play the games in their original 4:3 ratio?

#73 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Does this collection offer an option to play the games in their original 4:3 ratio?

u can set your ps3 or 360 display setting to 4:3 by themselves so it isnt a necessary option in the game.

now playing:

#74 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

u can set your ps3 or 360 display setting to 4:3 by themselves so it isnt a necessary option in the game.

Hmm, looks like that option is only available if you're using S-video or component, but not if you're using HDMI with your PS3. HDMI is my only option with the setup I've got, which is why I was hoping that game would offer that feature.

#75 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

trippin dude. i use hdmi. set your ps3 display setting to only allow 480p and it will be in 4:3 format, u might lose quality but thats what you get for wanting 4:3/480p. 4:3 is not an hd resolution.

Hmm, looks like that option is only available if you're using S-video or component, but not if you're using HDMI with your PS3. HDMI is my only option with the setup I've got, which is why I was hoping that game would offer that feature.

now playing:

#76 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

trippin dude. i use hdmi. set your ps3 display setting to only allow 480p and it will be in 4:3 format, u might lose quality but thats what you get for wanting 4:3/480p. 4:3 is not an hd resolution.

Like you said, with 480p you end up losing quality. That's why I was asking about if there was a setting in the game itself.

#77 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

Like you said, with 480p you end up losing quality. That's why I was asking about if there was a setting in the game itself.

gotcha. i don't think i've ever seen a game let you play 4:3 in hd.

now playing:

#78 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Saw both 360 and PS3 versions in my local GS. Picked my 360 pre-order, no problem.

I asked them if it was suppose to be out already and they admitted that it wasn't but they had gotten the game early and it didn't say to not put it out so they went ahead and did it. Apparently I could of picked it up since the past Thursday or Friday.