Heavy Rain Director's Cut $19.99 @ KMart YMMV

I have yet to even see the Director's Cut of Heavy Rain at any of my Kmarts.

I probably saw the Greatest Hits/red case version with Move compatibility, maybe once.

I'd recommend renting it to be honest. Once you find out who the killer is all replay value is lost. I found it to be pretty overrated.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']I'd recommend renting it to be honest. Once you find out who the killer is all replay value is lost. I found it to be pretty overrated.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. My 2nd playthrough (knowing that who the killer was) made me change a lot of decisions knowing that fact. Trying to get the endings/achievements can be fun.

[quote name='marcand']I disagree. My 2nd playthrough (knowing that who the killer was) made me change a lot of decisions knowing that fact. Trying to get the endings/achievements can be fun.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I just felt completely done with the game when the credits started rolling is all.

I didn't like the game either.
I bought it for $20 and felt like I would rather not have.
There are a lot of faults that get washed over because it's creative, and it's one of the tent poles in 360 vs. PS3.
I think the biggest issue I had was that it wasn't intuitive: Thrust the controller out or jerk it up? Now, you must decide now!!!!!!
...Except there's no real way to tell what each of those motions are for so it seems pointless to do either and it can completely alter the game path.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']I'd recommend renting it to be honest. Once you find out who the killer is all replay value is lost. I found it to be pretty overrated.[/QUOTE]

You just ruined all my self value as a person.

I preordered Heavy Rain (the only game I've ever preordered), so I ended up paying $60 for it. I couldn't be happier with that decision. One of the best games I've ever played.

[quote name='mdsinc2']I got the Heavy Rain DC a few months ago for about $8.[/QUOTE]
Mind if I ask where? I desperately need this

[quote name='flix1']This was $15 at Gamestop during the holidays.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah now I remember, I hesitated during that time. Regrets regrets.

Got one for $19.99.

The regular ones (both GH and non) were $19.99 as well.

Also found a Zook, Lightning Rod, Cynder triple pack for $19.99 too!
Had 2 of them plus 2 Pirates Seas Packs too.

I know the sentiment.

[quote name='TooPoor']Oh yeah now I remember, I hesitated during that time. Regrets regrets.[/QUOTE]

I have read in a couple of places that if you already own the game, there's no need to get this because most of the stuff is given to you in a free update, including the Taxidermist DLC and Move support, which are the only two things in the Director's Cut that change/expand the game. I'm not sure if that's true, but if it is, no need to dump your original copy for this one.

[quote name='TooPoor']Mind if I ask where? I desperately need this[/QUOTE]
Whoops, I meant to put it in my original post. I got it at Target in Louisville, KY.

I enjoyed it when I played it around release. Knowing the plot really ruined any replay value for me, though. It's probably similar to how I don't like watching movies twice - this is basically a movie with some interactive segments. A good movie, but a movie.

[quote name='pwnthee']I have read in a couple of places that if you already own the game, there's no need to get this because most of the stuff is given to you in a free update, including the Taxidermist DLC and Move support, which are the only two things in the Director's Cut that change/expand the game. I'm not sure if that's true, but if it is, no need to dump your original copy for this one.[/QUOTE]
Can anyone confirm this? If true, I'll just try to find the original copy somewhere.

[quote name='mdsinc2']Whoops, I meant to put it in my original post. I got it at Target in Louisville, KY.[/QUOTE]

GAH! That's my neck of the woods! Which one? Breckinridge?

GO CATS!

EDIT: Doh! Nevermind... I thought you were TC talkiing about the K-Mart...

I'm sure "a few months" is more than enough time for any leftovers to be snatched.

bread's done
Back