Vita owners... Rank your Top 5 Vita Games

Anthony1

CAGiversary!
Rank your top 5 games or demos that you've played. Obviously, with demos, it's hard to know if the full version is that good, but you can still get a pretty good feel for the overall experience. Here is my top 5

1. Fifa Soccer - When I'm playing Fifa Soccer on this thing, I feel like I've got a tiny PS3 in my hands, and I'm playing Fifa 11. It's truly a next-gen handheld feeling that I get.

2. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - I tried the demo of this game, and then had to get the full version. Got lucky to find it on Craigslist for 20 bucks.

3. MLB 12 The Show - Baseball is not my No.1 sport. I'd rather play a Madden or NBA 2K game. However.... like Fifa Soccer, this game is a truly next-gen portable powerhouse. Again, you basically have a PS3 in your hands when you are playing this game. For some reason, sports games on a portable can really shine.

4. Wipeout 2048 - I love me some Wipeout. Loved it on PS1, especially Wipeout XL. Absolutely adore Wipeout Pure on the PSP. Love Wipeout HD
and Wipeout HD Fury on PS3. So, I'm a bit biased here. Another amazing wipeout game.

5. Rayman Origins - Drop Dead Gorgeous. If you want a game that will show off that 5 inch OLED screen, Rayman is the bee's knees.... No Joke. You can overdose on colors with this game on that screen.

Honorable Mentions: Uncharted: Golden Abyss, ModNation Racers: Road Tour and Stardust Delta

1. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - lol this game is a blast but is the only one I own so this may change in the near future.

2. Rayman Origins Demo - just beautiful and as an old school Rayman fan I find this brilliant so far.

3. Wipeout 2048 Demo

Also briefly tried Uncharted and Super Stardust Delta demos both which I really enjoyed. Dynasty Warriors Next demo was fun as well. Whichever ones I enjoyed most out of 3 count as my last two.

[quote name='Gamehead']I don't think there are enough games out now for us to have differing opinions about what games are in the top 5.[/QUOTE]

The Vita has around 13 strong games, which means each person's top 5 can vary quite a bit. Here is a list of 13 Vita games, that are all considered to be worthy games:

Rayman Origins
Fifa Soccer
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
MLB 12: The Show
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Wipeout 2048
Unit 13
Virtua Tennis 4
Super Stardust Delta
Mutant Blobs Attack
Lumines

I have had my vita since launch and these are my top 5.

1. SUPER STARDUST DELTA - by far the most fun, i have had on this machine. So much content and game modes for 15 bucks, i truly have a blast every time i play. Leader boards are perfect and lots of soundtrack unlocks for NEAR. :) GET THIS GAME.

2. MUTANT BLOBS ATTACK - Very quirky game, reminds me of KATAMARI and littlebigplanet. Lots of levels, but can be a short game, but its only 8 bucks. This is what i hope for the future of VITA and Downloadable games, very unique games, that are simple yet fun to play and lots of levels. Trust me, its a good game.

3. Ultimate Marvel VS CAPCOM 3 - Its been re-released so many times, why should anyone care right? well this is why: its a full ps3 game in your pocket. the cross platform play is awesome. SO much content in this game, so many fighters to master and the NEAR function in this rocks, unlocking character skins, cards for the Heroes and heralds mode. I love this game on the go. DEF worth the price imo.

4. Wipeout 3 - Never was a huge fan of WIPEOUT, but i got this in a B2g1 and wow....super impressed. Awesome cross platform play as well. Graphics are crazy and plays at what looks like 60 frames per second. Good online racing play. Only drawback is the horrendous LOAD TIMES.

5. Modnation Racers: road trip - I loved this game on ps3, reason why other then the millions upon millions of awesome mods, ONLINE PLAY. sadly this game is not as good, because they stripped that from the game. All the mods are still accessible through the game. In fact every mod you can get on the PS3, you can get on here. pretty neat. But the no online play hinders the fact, i always liked seeing what people would wear/drive and playing custom maps online was always a blast. Still a solid KART game though and cheap. Def get it, if you have never played this before. The mods will blow you away.

Honorable mentions:

Hot shots golf
Uncharted
UNit 13
Dynasty warriors

1. Uncharted - Not sure why all the hate. I loved it.
2. Lumines - Didn't play the original all that much. Love this one. Very addicting.
3. Hot Shots Golf - Offers the same addiction as always in a shiny new package.
4. Mutant Blob Attacks - Fun, quirky, cheap.
5. Motorstorm RC - A lot of fun for free!

Honorable Mentions: ninja gaiden...same game but still awesome, Rayman...haven't played enough yet looks sick and is fun, Marvel vs. Capcom3 looks and plays great on the system. Escape Plan is quirky and fun but lacks some polish.

1. HSG: WI - You could play nothing but this game for the rest of your life.

2. Lumines - Tons of modes, excellent soundtrack, superb visuals. Can be a bit difficult, but fun regardless. Stripped down trophy list with no platinum makes me cry.

3. Uncharted - I too enjoyed this game immensely. Shooting mechanics feel a bit off at first, but by the end of the game, it feels natural. Looks great, sounds great, plays great. Bounty collecting is a bit irritating.

4. Mutant Blobs Attack - The most fun I've had with a side-scrolling platformer in a long time. Very clever, excellent art, responsive controls. Must own for only $8!

5. Super Stardust Delta - Very fun, addictive gameplay with incredible visuals. Makes the Vita's OLED screen shine. Can be a bit short if you're not the leaderboard score-hunting type.

Honorable mentions:
1. Escape Plan - Quirky, clever, and stunning. Poor input controls make this an otherwise great game. A bit steep in price at $14.99.

2. WipEout 2048 - Looks great and definitely runs at 60fps. Slightly difficult for newcomers to the series.

1. Unit 13 - Takes me back to the SOCOM II days
2. Rayman Origins - Beautiful game. Awesome platforming.
3. Wipeout 2048 - Fast paced mayhem. Gotta love it.
4. Uncharted - Gorgeous game. Shooting sucks, though.
5. Hustle Kings/Motorstorm RC - because they're the only two other games I have. They're pretty good, I suppose.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']
5. Hustle Kings/Motorstorm RC - because they're the only two other games I have. They're pretty good, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

There are a bunch of good demos to try. Some of the demos let you play long enough to see just how cool the game is. Fifa let's you play long enough to see that. Super Stardust Delta and Rayman demos also show off the excellence. Definitely try out some demos, because I think you'll find a better #5.

1. MLB 12
2. HS Golf - very close second
3. Fifa
4. Virtual Tennis 4 only played the demo but it is a fun time killer.
5. Modnation Racers

1. Virtua Tennis 4- Where is the love? So damn addicting. Playing through for the second time, this time as my girlfriend. Get it.
2. Mutant Blobs Attack!- We need more games like this on Vita. Love the charm.
3. UMvC3- Better than on the console for some reason. Visuals are sex.
4. FIFA Soccer- Like some had said, it's like having FIFA 11 on a handheld.
5. Star Wars Battlefront- Once you use the new Vita controls, this shit is fun, even with the old visuals.

Haven't played enough Uncharted to put it up there, but I don't like the nagging tutorials.

My top 5 right now would have to be:

1. Virtua Tennis 4
2. Fifa Soccer
3. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom
4. MLB The Show
5. Lumines

1. Rayman Origins
2. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
3. Unit 13
4. Dynasty Warriors Next
5. Motorstorm RC

Honorable mentions: Lumines and Escape Plan

Well, I only own 5, but my order of preference is pretty easy:

1) Hot Shots Golf
2) Virtua Tennis
3) MLB 2012
4) Uncharted
5) Wipeout 2048

I can't seem to put down Hot Shots and VT, so those are easily my two favorites right now.

Plants Vs Zombies plays excellently on the Vita.

Lumines is good, but has a limited amount of content for $40.

Super Stardust is amazing, but I got 100% trophies in under 4 hours.

Hot Shots Golf is pretty good if you like Golf games. I find it too hard to get anything accomplished.

I own the following games:
Fifa Soccer, Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, ModNation Racers: Road Trip, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Unit 13, Dynasty Warriors, Motorstorm, and Super Stardust Delta.

Of these, my favorites are:
1. Uncharted - Absolutely stunning game. Fantastic story, great controls (especially using motion aiming), and all around a blast to play. Overall I enjoyed it more than Uncharted 3. My first Vita Platinum trophy.
2. Unit 13 - Very addictive game. I lost count how many hours I poured into this game the past few weeks. Achieved my platinum trophy on this game last night.
3. Hot Shots Golf - Has always been and will always be addicting.
4. Fifa Soccer - Hands down, best handheld soccer game ever created.
5. Super Stardust - One of my favorite PS3 PSN games now available on the go :)

My top 5.

1. Fifa Soccer
2. Wipeout 2048
3. Hot Shots Golf
4. Unit 13
5. Uncharted Golden Abyss

The only other game i own is Dungeon Hunter Alliance.

well I only own 2 games so....

1. FIFA Soccer
2. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (not to take anything away from Uncharted its an incredible game but I'm a soccer nut so of course FIFA is my favorite game no matter what other games may come out)

If you're into shooters at all, get Unit 13. Very addicting. Good replay value.
Otherwise I'm enjoying Lumines, Wipeout, and finished Uncharted

SUPER STARDUST DELTA is a blast! One of my favorite demos so far. I have to say I'm not a big fan of Uncharted and it may be up for sale soon. I liked it somewhat on the PS3, but I'm not feeling it on the Vita.

1. Touch My Katamari (Addicted to this game on all platforms so I am bias on this one.)
2. Uncharted
Haven't played yet but have bought and good recommendations from others:
Persona 3 Portable (PSP game compatible with Vita)
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Unit 13

[quote name='Gamehead']I don't think there are enough games out now for us to have differing opinions about what games are in the top 5.[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with this, this is a discussion to be had around a year from now. It's a bit early as-is.

I'll bite though.

1. Uncharted Golden Abyss
2. Mutant Blobs Attack!
3. Lumines Electronic Symphony
4. MLB 12 The Show
5. Super Stardust Delta

1. Hot Shots Golf - Lot of replayability, just a real fun game all around. I hope they add more fast clocks to the multiplayer though, that can be real annoying.

2. Uncharted - Pretty much a full console game on a handheld. Looks great, plays well, and a great story.

3. Wipeout 2048 - Tons of replayability, a long season mode, I love this game.

4. Lumines - Best puzzle game I've played in a long time, but it is easy to get up to a high score and get stuck there, and the music, while good, gets repetitive.

5. Katamari - Awesome game, just a tad short, however, and not much replayability besides friend challenges once fully completed.

Big honorable mentions go to UMVC3, which is just a perfect port with some networking issues, and Motorstorm RC which has tons of replayability via friend leaderboards and, of course, is free.

[quote name='Mixer236']I actually agree with this, this is a discussion to be had around a year from now. It's a bit early as-is.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but for somebody that just bought a Vita, they can come into this thread, and look at all the Top 5's, and very quickly know which games to check out first. I mean, if you look at the lists, it's pretty obvious which games are of a high quality, because you keep seeing their names in every list.

Most people that buy a Vita, will probably buy about 3 games to go with it. This helps peeps know which 3 to focus in on.

[quote name='Anthony1']Yeah, but for somebody that just bought a Vita, they can come into this thread, and look at all the Top 5's, and very quickly know which games to check out first. I mean, if you look at the lists, it's pretty obvious which games are of a high quality, because you keep seeing their names in every list.

Most people that buy a Vita, will probably buy about 3 games to go with it. This helps peeps know which 3 to focus in on.[/QUOTE]

True, though I assume most people that are buying the Vita are buying because there are already some games out that they want. So, without looking at a list, they already know that they are going to get Uncharted/Hot Shots/Unit 13 or what have you.

Like everyone said, it's still too early to do a Top 5 Games list for the system. Still...

1. The Pinball Arcade - I'm a big pinball fan, even though I'll never say that I'm good at it. If the developers can keep pumping out the tables, I'll never get rid of my Vita.
2. Super Stardust Delta - A perfect shooter for the system. Dual analog sticks help but the missions are short enough that you can play one for 5 minutes or so then put it away to go do other things.
3. Motorstorm RC - Never mind the fact that it was free. The racing is addicting and the constant feed of tracks helps keep you going.
4. Lumines: Electronic Symphony - The puzzle mechanics are good but since the other two titles aren't available digitally, you'll have no choice but to grab this for your fix.
5. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention - For me, Disgaea has fit perfectly with portables more than home consoles. Even though this hasn't improved much over its PS3 version, it's still a darn good strategy title.

I only have 3 games;

1. Lego HP 5-7. I have never actually seen or read any of the harry potter stuff, but I love Lego games!

2. Wipeout - just plain fun game. My favorite is the battle mode. Blowing stuff up = good time.

3. Mod Nation - Fun game, like wipeout, but bubblier. It is cool to customize everything.

I would like to get a good FPS, but Unit 13 is still way too expensive for what it is. I get all my games for cheap.

Of the games I own I place them in this order.

1 Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
(I put in a bunch of hours and I think the D-pad is fantastic for this game)

2 Lumines (So Good)

3 Uncharted (Great version of the console experience but a little too much touch controls)

4 Tales of Mutant Blob (Just bought this last night really enjoyed the first area)

5 Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Plays well and looks great. only played through a little of chapter 2)

Wish list: Gravity Rush(may buy on launch haven't decided), Rayman Origins and Army Corps of Hell (Waiting for a price drop on these two).

I got the Vita on day one. My list now is radically different than I expected it to be. In order of play time:

1. Hustle Kings - it's ridiculous how much I'm playing this. The message play feature is its saving grace. I probably have 10 different games going on with friends. 14.1 seems to be the most popular. BTW... Snooker is very broken.

2. Hot Shots Golf - I've been slacking, but the daily tournaments keep bringing me back. Has an excellent progression system, gets insanely hard at the later levels.

3. MotorstormRC - good plain fun. Score chase is where it's at.

4. Super Stardust Delta - I have to be in the mood for this and I kinda suck, but it's decent bubble gum for the brain.

5. Pinball thingy - same description as #4, but I'm really waiting for Zen.

Honestly, most people like the Vita sports games. I hate em all, but thats just personal preference, I was a fan of sports games in college, then I complete stopped 100% with all of them. I own the following Vita games: Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Uncharted, Modnation Racers, Rayman Origins, Dynasty Warriors Next, Shinobido 2, Little Deviants, Ultimate MvC3, Unit 13, Mortal Kombat, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Escape Plan, Motorstorm RC.

My top 5 would be:
1) Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Hero mode allows me to have fun playing it without the challenging/frustrating difficulty. Love it)
2) Rayman Origins (better than the console version, touchscreen controls make it much more accessible)
3) Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (great platformer, tons of fun and good challenge for those who like to get high scores)
4) Dynasty Warriors Next (I've never been a fan of DW since the PS2 days. This game keeps me much more involved by making it portable and including touch screen mini-games which break the pace and keep you entertained)
5) Mortal Kombat (great transfer of the console game. Controls even better, graphics are a little weak, but you forget it quickly)

(PS: Uncharted and Unit 13 are definitely great, but the above games really surprised me on how much I like em.)

1.) Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
2.) Rayman Origins
3.) Mortal Kombat
4.) Wipeout
5.) Asphalt Injection
6.) Unit 13
7.) Uncharted
8.) Ninja Gaiden
9.) Touch My Katamari
10.) Modnation

I know this is the wrong place, but would you guys consider getting Mortal Kombat if I already had it in the PS3?

[quote name='emokid9963']I know this is the wrong place, but would you guys consider getting Mortal Kombat if I already had it in the PS3?[/QUOTE]
I did, played all the way through PS3 story mode and a bunch of other stuff but I'm still finding myself not able to put my Vita down.

1. Uncharted: Golden Abyss - while this is definitely a more adventurous approach, I loved it. It is a great game.

2. Wipeout 2048 - This game is hard as hell- but I keep going back. It looks amazinggg too!

3. Modnation Racers: Road Trip - Really an awesome Kart game!!

I wonder what this list would look like if it didn't include sport or fighting games...I guess it probably wouldn't exist.

Full Games:
1. Hot Shots Golf
2. Rayman Origins
3. Lumines
4. Uncharted
5. Mod Nation Racers

PSN:
1. Super Stardust
2. Mutant Blob Attacks
3. Motorstorm RC
4. Escape Plan
5. Hustle Kings

My 5:

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Mortal Kombat
Modnation Racers Road Trip
Motorstorm RC
Hot Shots Golf

I got Hot Shots with the system, and Motorstorm free. I also have Little Deviants, Disgaea 3, and Escape Plan. The last 3 I haven't gotten around to playing yet. Too big a backlog.

[quote name='Vap']I wonder what this list would look like if it didn't include sport or fighting games...I guess it probably wouldn't exist.[/QUOTE]

Hot Shots might be Golf, but it's a very Arcade type game. Very fun in short bursts. Fifa and MLB are hardcore sports games, but at least they are DAMN good.

I agree on the fighting games. I've never been a huge fighting game fan. I'd buy MK if it was 10 bucks, but that's about it...

bread's done
Back