Vita owners... Rank your Top 5 Vita Games

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

1. Hot Shots Golf - Lot of replayability, just a real fun game all around. I hope they add more fast clocks to the multiplayer though, that can be real annoying.

2. Uncharted - Pretty much a full console game on a handheld. Looks great, plays well, and a great story.

3. Wipeout 2048 - Tons of replayability, a long season mode, I love this game.

4. Lumines - Best puzzle game I've played in a long time, but it is easy to get up to a high score and get stuck there, and the music, while good, gets repetitive.

5. Katamari - Awesome game, just a tad short, however, and not much replayability besides friend challenges once fully completed.

Big honorable mentions go to UMVC3, which is just a perfect port with some networking issues, and Motorstorm RC which has tons of replayability via friend leaderboards and, of course, is free.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#32 Anthony1

Anthony1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

I actually agree with this, this is a discussion to be had around a year from now. It's a bit early as-is.

Yeah, but for somebody that just bought a Vita, they can come into this thread, and look at all the Top 5's, and very quickly know which games to check out first. I mean, if you look at the lists, it's pretty obvious which games are of a high quality, because you keep seeing their names in every list.

Most people that buy a Vita, will probably buy about 3 games to go with it. This helps peeps know which 3 to focus in on.

#33 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Yeah, but for somebody that just bought a Vita, they can come into this thread, and look at all the Top 5's, and very quickly know which games to check out first. I mean, if you look at the lists, it's pretty obvious which games are of a high quality, because you keep seeing their names in every list.

Most people that buy a Vita, will probably buy about 3 games to go with it. This helps peeps know which 3 to focus in on.

True, though I assume most people that are buying the Vita are buying because there are already some games out that they want. So, without looking at a list, they already know that they are going to get Uncharted/Hot Shots/Unit 13 or what have you.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

Mixer23.png

#34 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

Like everyone said, it's still too early to do a Top 5 Games list for the system. Still...

1. The Pinball Arcade - I'm a big pinball fan, even though I'll never say that I'm good at it. If the developers can keep pumping out the tables, I'll never get rid of my Vita.
2. Super Stardust Delta - A perfect shooter for the system. Dual analog sticks help but the missions are short enough that you can play one for 5 minutes or so then put it away to go do other things.
3. Motorstorm RC - Never mind the fact that it was free. The racing is addicting and the constant feed of tracks helps keep you going.
4. Lumines: Electronic Symphony - The puzzle mechanics are good but since the other two titles aren't available digitally, you'll have no choice but to grab this for your fix.
5. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention - For me, Disgaea has fit perfectly with portables more than home consoles. Even though this hasn't improved much over its PS3 version, it's still a darn good strategy title.

14610.png

#35 owais95

owais95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

1.Uncharted: golden abyss
2. Unit 13
3. Rayman : Origins

#36 AnaBob

AnaBob

Gamer la femme

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

I only have 3 games;

1. Lego HP 5-7. I have never actually seen or read any of the harry potter stuff, but I love Lego games!

2. Wipeout - just plain fun game. My favorite is the battle mode. Blowing stuff up = good time.

3. Mod Nation - Fun game, like wipeout, but bubblier. It is cool to customize everything.

I would like to get a good FPS, but Unit 13 is still way too expensive for what it is. I get all my games for cheap.

#37 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

Of the games I own I place them in this order.

1 Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
(I put in a bunch of hours and I think the D-pad is fantastic for this game)

2 Lumines (So Good)

3 Uncharted (Great version of the console experience but a little too much touch controls)

4 Tales of Mutant Blob (Just bought this last night really enjoyed the first area)

5 Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Plays well and looks great. only played through a little of chapter 2)

Wish list: Gravity Rush(may buy on launch haven't decided), Rayman Origins and Army Corps of Hell (Waiting for a price drop on these two).

#38 smthng

smthng

Just a hoopy frood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

I got the Vita on day one. My list now is radically different than I expected it to be. In order of play time:

1. Hustle Kings - it's ridiculous how much I'm playing this. The message play feature is its saving grace. I probably have 10 different games going on with friends. 14.1 seems to be the most popular. BTW... Snooker is very broken.

2. Hot Shots Golf - I've been slacking, but the daily tournaments keep bringing me back. Has an excellent progression system, gets insanely hard at the later levels.

3. MotorstormRC - good plain fun. Score chase is where it's at.

4. Super Stardust Delta - I have to be in the mood for this and I kinda suck, but it's decent bubble gum for the brain.

5. Pinball thingy - same description as #4, but I'm really waiting for Zen.

#39 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

Honestly, most people like the Vita sports games. I hate em all, but thats just personal preference, I was a fan of sports games in college, then I complete stopped 100% with all of them. I own the following Vita games: Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Uncharted, Modnation Racers, Rayman Origins, Dynasty Warriors Next, Shinobido 2, Little Deviants, Ultimate MvC3, Unit 13, Mortal Kombat, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Escape Plan, Motorstorm RC.

My top 5 would be:
1) Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Hero mode allows me to have fun playing it without the challenging/frustrating difficulty. Love it)
2) Rayman Origins (better than the console version, touchscreen controls make it much more accessible)
3) Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (great platformer, tons of fun and good challenge for those who like to get high scores)
4) Dynasty Warriors Next (I've never been a fan of DW since the PS2 days. This game keeps me much more involved by making it portable and including touch screen mini-games which break the pace and keep you entertained)
5) Mortal Kombat (great transfer of the console game. Controls even better, graphics are a little weak, but you forget it quickly)

(PS: Uncharted and Unit 13 are definitely great, but the above games really surprised me on how much I like em.)

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#40 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

1.) Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
2.) Rayman Origins
3.) Mortal Kombat
4.) Wipeout
5.) Asphalt Injection
6.) Unit 13
7.) Uncharted
8.) Ninja Gaiden
9.) Touch My Katamari
10.) Modnation
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#41 emokid9963

emokid9963

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

I know this is the wrong place, but would you guys consider getting Mortal Kombat if I already had it in the PS3?

#42 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:59 AM

I know this is the wrong place, but would you guys consider getting Mortal Kombat if I already had it in the PS3?

I did, played all the way through PS3 story mode and a bunch of other stuff but I'm still finding myself not able to put my Vita down.

#43 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:18 AM

1. Uncharted: Golden Abyss - while this is definitely a more adventurous approach, I loved it. It is a great game.

2. Wipeout 2048 - This game is hard as hell- but I keep going back. It looks amazinggg too!

3. Modnation Racers: Road Trip - Really an awesome Kart game!!

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: NES Remix
:3ds: Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#44 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

I wonder what this list would look like if it didn't include sport or fighting games...I guess it probably wouldn't exist.

#45 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

Full Games:
1. Hot Shots Golf
2. Rayman Origins
3. Lumines
4. Uncharted
5. Mod Nation Racers

PSN:
1. Super Stardust
2. Mutant Blob Attacks
3. Motorstorm RC
4. Escape Plan
5. Hustle Kings

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#46 pob14

pob14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

1. Disgaea 3
2. Disgaea 3
3. Disgaea 3
4. Disgaea 3
5. Hot Shots Golf
I like Disgaea games. :-)

#47 Sychophantom

Sychophantom

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

My 5:

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Mortal Kombat
Modnation Racers Road Trip
Motorstorm RC
Hot Shots Golf

I got Hot Shots with the system, and Motorstorm free. I also have Little Deviants, Disgaea 3, and Escape Plan. The last 3 I haven't gotten around to playing yet. Too big a backlog.

#48 Anthony1

Anthony1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

I wonder what this list would look like if it didn't include sport or fighting games...I guess it probably wouldn't exist.

Hot Shots might be Golf, but it's a very Arcade type game. Very fun in short bursts. Fifa and MLB are hardcore sports games, but at least they are DAMN good.

I agree on the fighting games. I've never been a huge fighting game fan. I'd buy MK if it was 10 bucks, but that's about it...