Lord of the Rings: War in the North Collectors Edition @ Amazon (360 57.39/PS3 54.22)

GeorgeCostanza

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
This puppy is sinking like a stone. I have been watching it for months. Looks like they have 1000+ for each system so this baby should hit crazy prices. It has been going down in small amounts a lot lately, kinda like the epic mickey CE. Is it low enough for you? Or is there a magic number it needs to hit...

360 57.39
PS3 54.22

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']This puppy is sinking like a stone. I have been watching it for months. Looks like they have 1000+ for each system so this baby should hit crazy prices. It has been going down in small amounts a lot lately, kinda like the epic mickey CE. Is it low enough for you? Or is there a magic number it needs to hit...

360 58.86
PS3 55.61[/QUOTE]

I've been keeping an eye out for a new Quiver, for all that archery I do. Might have to pick up one of these ;)

[quote name='confoosious']35 is the answer op[/QUOTE]
$39.99 was mine however, I think I will hold out for $29.99, I couldn't imagine it going lower.

Thanks OP! Still not going to bite, I really want to play this game and the CE is different for sure, but wouldn't mind getting it for around $30 or $40!

Didn't realize Epic Mickey was so low! $25 from a 3rd party seller new? If it was $25 from Amazon or fulfilled I'd be on that! (sorry off topic but he mentioned it ;) )

I bought the game when it came out as I had some coupon (can't remember what) but I got the game and the troll figure came with it for being one of the first (if the only) purchasers that day. Loved the game but I secretly want the CE too. I almost had a guy sell me his CE parts for $20 last week but I never heard back from him. If I could get it for about $30-35, I'd be happy. I don't even want the game; have it on Steam now. So yeah ... it's getting close.

[quote name='fortunado']I bought the game when it came out as I had some coupon (can't remember what) but I got the game and the troll figure came with it for being one of the first (if the only) purchasers that day. Loved the game but I secretly want the CE too. I almost had a guy sell me his CE parts for $20 last week but I never heard back from him. If I could get it for about $30-35, I'd be happy. I don't even want the game; have it on Steam now. So yeah ... it's getting close.[/QUOTE]

there was maybe a $15 coupon in @gamer.

There was a BB sales guy who tried to tell me I could use it on the CE and make it a GRREEEAT deal. Uh yeah.

Unfortunately I think AZ teases us with their clearance deals... I can't say for sure but I think they drop in random increments around roughly $1 until enough units sell and then AZ jacks the price back up. I've seen it happen with this particular CE (LOTR) as well as the Ghostbusters slimer edition and several others.

By posting this and having people bite at the current price make it less likely it will drop much further but who knows

[quote name='GBAstar']Unfortunately I think AZ teases us with their clearance deals... I can't say for sure but I think they drop in random increments around roughly $1 until enough units sell and then AZ jacks the price back up. I've seen it happen with this particular CE (LOTR) as well as the Ghostbusters slimer edition and several others.

By posting this and having people bite at the current price make it less likely it will drop much further but who knows[/QUOTE]
I would actually imagine they have a algorithm for prices that is a function of profit, current stock and recent sell history. But yeah who knows.

[quote name='TooPoor']I would actually imagine they have a algorithm for prices that is a function of profit, current stock and recent sell history. But yeah who knows.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it is more complicated then how I described it but I now they will drop in price daily even if it is just a few pennies but usually no more then about $1.50. Then randomly they will skyrocket back in price near MSRP.

I was upset at not biting on the Ghost Busters slimmer edition when it was something like $40 a long time ago because it went all the way back to over $100 but now is creeping back down.

I just wish they would let you know how much longer they were going to keep it at a certain price.

[quote name='confoosious']35 is the answer op[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right. I would like $30 but i would probably bite at $35.

It's just such a weird a CE that I want more out of novelty.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm sorry, but this is one stupid ass CE.[/QUOTE]

why? it fits the game and theme perfectly. If you don't want to add to the conversation please leave.

This is actually kind of an interesting set.
With all the current Hunger Games madness, my daughter is nuts about archery, and even has a bow of her own. However, she does not have a quiver.
An inexpensive quiver from Cabela's is about the same price as this CE, so this makes this a lot more attractive to me.
Now, for anyone who already has this, is it in fact a real working quiver?
It sure looks like it on the video I've seen.

For anyone who is just looking for the game and extras, I would think the quiver could be sold on eBay to a Hunger Games fan quite easily.

Definately something to think about. I'll have to do a little more research on the actual game to see if it's something I'd play, but even if I didn't like it and traded it in, and sold the map and book, It still might be worth it.

For some reason the 2 copies I got from amazon in past, came with the seal cut on collectors box with a sharp object that damaged the box a little too.
Also there was some bubble wrap inserted inside the box, which was not there in boxes I saw in stores
I had to return them back to Amazon.

bread's done
Back