Photo
- - - - -

$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2476 replies to this topic

#1441 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

I'd love Witcher 2 for $10. The only BB I go to lists it as "ship to store" though. Of course, every other out of the way store has it in stock.

FYI, 'ship to store' is similar to 'unavailable', meaning there may be 1-3 copies on the shelf at that location.
The BBY I frequent had Witcher 2 listed as 'ship to store'. I called and found they had 1 copy left on the shelf. I had them hold it for me and walked out of the 'ship to store' BBY w/ my $10 W2 a couple hours later.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#1442 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

I ordered site to store, we'll see if I get it in time to return/rebuy while the deal is still active. Never played the series before, steam has the witcher 1 for 10$, would you recommend a play through of it before this one, does the witcher 2 have continuity from part 1 or are they completely different stories?

Edit: hrmm just watched a review, not only does it say you should play threw the first one before playing the second, they also say you can import your save file over on the PC version. Might just have to cancel and go PC versions for this series.

125365.png

#1443 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

Got myself another copy of Witcher 2, hope it is as fun as everyone says it is.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1444 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

I ordered site to store, we'll see if I get it in time to return/rebuy while the deal is still active. Never played the series before, steam has the witcher 1 for 10$, would you recommend a play through of it before this one, does the witcher 2 have continuity from part 1 or are they completely different stories?

It's sort of a continuation. It's the same main character but I don't think you lose anything by just playing the second one. There are a few references but the gameplay is a bit different. If you're a big fan of RPGs, you can go back and enjoy the first game. If you really don't care and want to jump into all the changes they made to the 2nd game to make it a little more modern, you're just as well off.

#1445 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

It's sort of a continuation. It's the same main character but I don't think you lose anything by just playing the second one. There are a few references but the gameplay is a bit different. If you're a big fan of RPGs, you can go back and enjoy the first game. If you really don't care and want to jump into all the changes they made to the 2nd game to make it a little more modern, you're just as well off.

Yeah no need to play the first one unless you get hardcore about it, the combat was a frustrating timing-based click system with 3 different stances. The 2nd game is more modern feel & there's only 3 or so very minor things in the story that carry over if you import a save on the PC.

#1446 kvntwvlf

kvntwvlf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

If someone can use their coupon a second time and grab me a Witcher 2, that'd be really kickass and I'd pay you back +shipping+a small cool fee for being cool.

#1447 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

Bummer, my store was sold out when I got there. 3 supposedly en-route... hopefully they'll be there before the coupon expires.

#1448 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

For NYC gamers, just scored MGS Vita at 44th and 5th/ there's like 5 copies at least ledt

#1449 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

Just claimed and picked up my Witchers 2 today. Man. That game case is heavy! Definitely got my money's worth for just $10.

I hope Mass Effect 3 will be $10 soon. It's the only way I would pick up the vanilla version.

I picked up Witcher 2 yesterday along with GOW3 Epic Edition - $64.xx out the door. Not too shabby.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#1450 Bc4768

Bc4768

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

Just got a copy of The Witcher 2 and can't wait to play it.

#1451 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:40 AM

FYI, 'ship to store' is similar to 'unavailable', meaning there may be 1-3 copies on the shelf at that location.
The BBY I frequent had Witcher 2 listed as 'ship to store'. I called and found they had 1 copy left on the shelf. I had them hold it for me and walked out of the 'ship to store' BBY w/ my $10 W2 a couple hours later.

Good to know. Hopefully mine still has a copy.

#1452 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

If someone can use their coupon a second time and grab me a Witcher 2, that'd be really kickass and I'd pay you back +shipping+a small cool fee for being cool.

Is that even possible? Since it's actually tied to your RZ account, does it not block you from getting the discount a second time?

#1453 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

Is that even possible? Since it's actually tied to your RZ account, does it not block you from getting the discount a second time?

It is possible, just do more than 1 transaction (1 game per transaction)

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#1454 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

It is possible, just do more than 1 transaction (1 game per transaction)

I was actually just going to ask about this. I was checking MYRZ.com to see if my points from recent transactions had cleared yet, and noticed under my most recent ones that the Max Payne AND Witcher 2 coupons were still active. Noticed that they were actually in EVERY purchase listed since I activated them, even on prior to when I actually purchased the game (that store was OOS).

If all I need to do is grab another one...will definitely get another copy...

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Batman Arkham Origins; EYE Divine Cybermancy; Hawken; Sam & Max S1E04

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#1455 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

$10 is such a good price, but man I want this for PC.
Posted Image

#1456 MadB00tleg

MadB00tleg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

Finally had to bite on MGS: HD....used a $15 certificate and it ended up being $10 for the game.

Did the same thing. It's fantastic on the Vita.. definitely part of my keeper collection.
Posted Image

#1457 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

Just got a copy of The Witcher 2 and can't wait to play it.

Same here except perhaps I'll play it in 2016 when my backlog allows.

#1458 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

For those mentioning using the same coupon in a separate transaction, isn't that a bit risky? I'm assuming doing something like that would raise flags. Maybe I'm just being paranoid and it wouldn't work when trying to scan the coupon a second time.

#1459 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

Best Buy online said my local store was sold out. Went anyways and there was one copy left. It was still marked at $49.99. It rang up $39.99 and with the $30.00 off coupon I paid $9.99 plus tax. Great deal.
Posted Image

#1460 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

For those mentioning using the same coupon in a separate transaction, isn't that a bit risky? I'm assuming doing something like that would raise flags. Maybe I'm just being paranoid and it wouldn't work when trying to scan the coupon a second time.

While it may raise some flags what are we doing wrong? They messed up not us. It's not like I am using false information to purchase them.

Also, there is no coupon, you don't need to bring it. Just bring the game to the register, give them your RZ card/phone number and it'll adjust down to $10.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#1461 brauma

brauma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

Seems no stores have any near me, went to 3 today. If I have it shipped to the store will they reimburse me the $30? Or can I just pay for it at the store? I've never actually bought anything online and had it shipped to store but I really want this game for some reason or another. =/

#1462 fergieferg

fergieferg

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

A few days ago all the stores had copies, it was still ringing up at 49.99 then, today only one store near me had it online. I went into the store they were all missing, there wasnt even a place for them on the shelf, asked the associate, he pulled one out the back.... shenanigans!

#1463 aceattorney

aceattorney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Purchased Witcher 2 earlier this week before the price drop. Went to Best Buy today to get my price adjusted, and they said it couldn't be done because the coupon will only apply to full price.

Not sure how you guys are getting it for $10.

#1464 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

stores all around me are sold out. Asked the gaming guy if I can do ship to store and use my coupon. He tried it an it worked. Should be at the store in about 6 days. Sweet.

10.xx total
Posted Image

#1465 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Purchased Witcher 2 earlier this week before the price drop. Went to Best Buy today to get my price adjusted, and they said it couldn't be done because the coupon will only apply to full price.

Not sure how you guys are getting it for $10.

Do a flat out return and rebuy it if the store refuses to just do a price adjustment.

Your store is lying to you that is why we are able to get it. The game is not on sale according to the website. It may be a temporary $10 drop, but nothing makes it seem that way from the consumer end.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#1466 aceattorney

aceattorney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Do a flat out return and rebuy it if the store refuses to just do a price adjustment.

Your store is lying to you that is why we are able to get it. The game is not on sale according to the website. It may be a temporary $10 drop, but nothing makes it seem that way from the consumer end.

I appreciate the advice. I might try that, but they seemed rather indignant. In fact, I didn't even dispute their assertion that a price adjustment couldn't be made before they aggressively asked if I wanted to talk with a manager.

I feel like they'll try to have me arrested if I try anything more.

#1467 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

Nice! Witcher 2 for $10 and I had a $5 RZ cert. thanks, OP!

#1468 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

Looks like the majority of the stores in my area got this game on the truck today. Just picked one up. They were all oos yesterday.

#1469 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

I appreciate the advice. I might try that, but they seemed rather indignant. In fact, I didn't even dispute their assertion that a price adjustment couldn't be made before they aggressively asked if I wanted to talk with a manager.

I feel like they'll try to have me arrested if I try anything more.

Not much of an AceAttorney if you can't fight for your rights as a consumer. Just go in and say "I OBJECT!" to any form of tomfoolery, then return and rebuy.

#1470 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Yeah Victory with the PM at my "home" Best Buy. The CS there is so much better than the 2nd BBY I go to. They actually listen to what you are trying to tell them instead of the standard answers. She did a return and rebuy and the coupon reapplied so I got it for $10.50.

Edited by cancerman1120, 07 September 2012 - 10:46 PM.