Photo
- - - - -

$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2476 replies to this topic

#1471 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

Picked up Witcher 2 today for $10.51, sweet! Don't know what happened to that other thread that was specifically for this deal, but if that OP reads this I want to thank him, since I missed this thread originally.

#1472 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

Hmmmmmmm you guys are buying the witcher 2 edition with the mini book/guide on the back?

Just tried to buy a copy and that's all they had, no coupon code popped up on screen like it did with skyward sword. So I passed for $42, I'll try another store tomorrow, not in a rush

#1473 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

Guess I'll have to make sure I get a regular copy. Not a problem though since when I traded it in when it was worth a lot I kept the guide, map, and sleeve

#1474 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

Hmmmmmmm you guys are buying the witcher 2 edition with the mini book/guide on the back?

Just tried to buy a copy and that's all they had, no coupon code popped up on screen like it did with skyward sword. So I passed for $42, I'll try another store tomorrow, not in a rush

My copy was $10 AC and came with all the stuff (book, map, etc.).

EDIT: I don't think there is a version that doesn't come with all that stuff. Unless there are versions of the enhanced version without it.

#1475 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

Yeah mine has the extras also and it was not issue getting the coupon. Did you claim it on the website?

#1476 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

I bought the enhanced copy and the coupon automatically popped up a few hours ago.

#1477 padlok

padlok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

Best Buy online said my local store was sold out. Went anyways and there was one copy left. It was still marked at $49.99. It rang up $39.99 and with the $30.00 off coupon I paid $9.99 plus tax. Great deal.

I went to the Pottstown, PA store. They had 5 copies all marked $49.99. I grabbed a copy and it rang up $39.99 and after punching in my reward zone info I paid $10.59. SWEET DEAL

if your near Pottstown there were 4 copies left tonight.

#1478 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:03 AM

Yup, that's the one. Did the cashier scan your RZ card or put in your info first? I printed out the coupon after claiming it on the website and handed it to the girl ringing me up. She had some problems scanning it and getting it to activate, but after a minute of fooling with it she did something on the register and said, "that's it, that's what I was looking for" and it worked.

#1479 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Picked up The Witcher 2 tonight at the Skokie, IL Best Buy, the guy had to get them from the back after he made it quite clear that he didn't understand how the website worked in terms of showing where something is in-stock.

He was surprised about the $30 off as well, but I didn't have an issue there. He was just curious how it worked.

There were two more left after I bought mine.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1480 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:38 AM

So this makes MGS:HD $25?

#1481 teknobeavr

teknobeavr

stupid bush wookie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:49 AM

i got my witcher 2 at the harrisonburg, va BB and like other poster the guy was clueless about the sale

but he gave me a free witcher 2 t shirt. they had like 5 tshirts on the counter behind the register and he said that the t shirts go with the game. so i guess the t-shirts are like extremely YMMV . i guess they were like left over preorder stuff.

but anyway i got witcher 2 and a free t shirt for 10.50 which i promptly walked next door and flipped to GS for 20.80 store credit

#1482 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

Could you please post the sku for the tshirt? It should be on the yellow sticker on the front?

#1483 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

So this makes MGS:HD $25?

Yep it does, grabbed one myself after returning a router to BB today, also got a second Witcher 2.

but anyway i got witcher 2 and a free t shirt for 10.50 which i promptly walked next door and flipped to GS for 20.80 store credit

I have done the same 2 days in a row, too easy.

#1484 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:56 AM

Yep it does, grabbed one myself after returning a router to BB today, also got a second Witcher 2.

ty, just making sure :)

#1485 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

How to get a second? I thought it was tied to your account?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1486 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:01 AM

How to get a second? I thought it was tied to your account?

that is the loophole, there is actually no limit to how many you can get. ppl had been abusing since modern warfare 3/ twisted metal deal

#1487 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:03 AM

stores all around me are sold out. Asked the gaming guy if I can do ship to store and use my coupon. He tried it an it worked. Should be at the store in about 6 days. Sweet.

10.xx total

Awesome! Thanks. Someone posted horror stories about online store pickup invalidating the coupon. I assume they charged you when you placed the order? I ask because if they charge at pickup it mightbe after 9/15 for me.

#1488 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

^Yes, I was charged when I ordered. I got a store pickup email and then an "item is backordered" email, but it says the order will be fulfilled in 7-30 days...weird but I still expect it to arrive soon.

#1489 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

that is the loophole, there is actually no limit to how many you can get. ppl had been abusing since modern warfare 3/ twisted metal deal

I was wondering about this last month when every transaction on my RZ list would have the Legend of Zelda Coupon Sku on it. It is basically always there when you activate it I guess.

You can see here that the coupons are always applied to your transaction even if you do not buy the game.

Spoiler

Edited by cancerman1120, 08 September 2012 - 03:17 AM.

#1490 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

^Yes, I was charged when I ordered. I got a store pickup email and then an "item is backordered" email, but it says the order will be fulfilled in 7-30 days...weird but I still expect it to arrive soon.

Awesome, thanks. I am totally getting in on that.

#1491 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

Thanks for the info, I was starting to give up on this since all the BBY near me are sold out. Will definitely try this tomorrow.

#1492 matthewrex

matthewrex

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

Every copy of The Witcher 2 in my area is sold out :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1493 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

On Thursday I asked a BB employee to check the stock of the Witcher 2 at the surrounding stores. He told me "We are getting in two copies tomorrow." I was like "how do you know?" I looked at the screen and it showed the two copies that were coming in. He said he was getting a shipment Friday at 7am and that he was going to be there to unload it. Sure enough, the two copies came in on Friday just like he said. I couldn't make it to the store until about 8:30pm, but I got lucky because they were both there.

I ended up buying both. One for me and one for my friend who literally freaked out with excitement when I told him "I might be getting the Witcher 2 for Xbox 360 for $9.99 on Friday." I just used my reward zone account for one and my friends reward zone account for the second one.

Thanks very much OP. I probably won't find this game brand new for less $9.99 for quite some time. Maybe never.

#1494 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

Well after reading the last page thanks everyone for the response :D

I guess I need to use my phone to have the coupon since it didn't give me the $10 price after scanning my card , but it is a new card so maybe that's why? weird

I'll assume it's gone though :P, time to go hunting for the witcher 2

#1495 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

I struck out today.

No copies of Witcher to be found at my store. I asked the guy manning the gaming corner/booth/whatever and apparently a couple copies are getting shipped in. I tried to see if I could order one or something to guarantee a copy, but the only advice I got was to call everyday, ask if the shipment came in, and ask that they hold the copy.

So now I get to annoy the poor doofus at customer service every day until it comes in and hope the person I talk to is nice enough to hold it until I get around to picking it up in a week.

#1496 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

The Best Buy where I got it said they would only hold it for one day.

#1497 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

Well after reading the last page thanks everyone for the response :D

I guess I need to use my phone to have the coupon since it didn't give me the $10 price after scanning my card , but it is a new card so maybe that's why? weird

I'll assume it's gone though :P, time to go hunting for the witcher 2

It doesn't show immediately after adding your account to the transaction, I think the prompt came up after he hit total to apply the coupon. Did you get that far?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1498 jearl

jearl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

I bought my copy last Sunday (9/2). I went in on Wednesday for them to do a price-check because Monday (9/3) the price dropped... and I got stonewalled. I was told $20 was still a good deal and there was nothing they could really do.

Eventually they let me print off the coupon again and we did a return and re-buy. I also bought Max Payne 3 for $30 and Mass Effect 3 for $20. Anyone have any advice for if/when either of these games drop in the next 30 days.

#1499 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

I'm having trouble debating if I should get mgs hd for vita. I haven't played mgs2 or 3. I really wish it was a bit cheaper. Do you guys think it will drop to 20 or lower on black friday?

#1500 TurkeyOnRye

TurkeyOnRye

Hey? Is this velvet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

The only BB that's not an hour drive away for me shows ship-to-store only :( I guess I could drive up to try my luck.

But if I have to buy it ship-to-store, and go in before the coupon expires and present it... will they honor it?

cagsig30zt.jpg
"Idle hands spend time at the genitals, and we all know how much God hates that." - Ol' Drippy

$1 X-Box One!  Join the referral conga line!

$1 PS4!  Join the referral conga line!