Photo
- - - - -

$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2475 replies to this topic

#2011 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

I'd like to know this too.

I did. They were originally going to do a return/rebuy but the coupon wouldn't ring in. Since they were doing an override, I talked my CSR in doing it as a PM instead. They took the PM from MSRP.

#2012 htz

htz

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

htz, I think you should post that double dipping with PM + coupon/offers is YMMV to let the newcomers know.

I don't think newbies will bother to read the OP anyways. :roll:

#2013 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

I don't think newbies will bother to read the OP anyways. :roll:

:D

I have just started RE6, it is wicked fun in co-op. I do remember that after the update Ada's campaign is playable from the beginning, but I don't see it, weird.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2014 ksuwild25

ksuwild25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

:D

I have just started RE6, it is wicked fun in co-op. I do remember that after the update Ada's campaign is playable from the beginning, but I don't see it, weird.

I don't think Capcom has added that patch in yet. Think it is coming sometime in mid-December.

#2015 Deman93

Deman93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

I don't think Capcom has added that patch in yet. Think it is coming sometime in mid-December.

I remember reading up about the patch and I believe you are correct. Another thing that the update is suppose to do is allow the camera to be farther away from your character (more like RE5/RE4 distance than the up close, claustrophobic of RE6) so I'm happy to hear that.

#2016 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

I remember reading up about the patch and I believe you are correct. Another thing that the update is suppose to do is allow the camera to be farther away from your character (more like RE5/RE4 distance than the up close, claustrophobic of RE6) so I'm happy to hear that.

Same! I refuse to play RE6 with that camera view, I lasted about 3 hours playing it, gives me a wicked headache because that camera is WAAAAAY too close. I'm interested to start it again once this patch comes.

#2017 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

I'm interested to know how the $20 GC appears on the receipt, as Absolution would be my very first Hitman title, and if the possibility to PM down the road is still possible, I'd be willing to bite.

I just logged into my RZ account, and the receipt is showing Hitman as $39.99, but the actual store receipt shows it as $59.99 with a bundled gift card. Either way, it looks like PM'ing is gonna be a bitch!
Posted Image

#2018 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Oh I must have remembered the news as it already came out. I thought the camera was designed that way so it's scary? Anyway thanks for the info guys.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2019 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Just got back from bestbuy, got hitman absolution & got the $20gc & i used a $20 reward zone credit to buy it

Games Playing

:wii:  - Pandora's Tower, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

:ps3: - Okami, Destiny

:ps4: - Middle Earth, Infamous: Second Son

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#2020 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

I just logged into my RZ account, and the receipt is showing Hitman as $39.99, but the actual store receipt shows it as $59.99 with a bundled gift card. Either way, it looks like PM'ing is gonna be a bitch!

Uh-oh. Now I'm considering returning it (with the $20 GC, of course) and just waiting for an eventual $15-$20 price point since I've got enough to play already. :-k

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2021 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Uh-oh. Now I'm considering returning it (with the $20 GC, of course) and just waiting for an eventual $15-$20 price point since I've got enough to play already. :-k

I've had no problems pming XCOM which came with a $15 gc.

#2022 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I've had no problems pming XCOM which came with a $15 gc.

But was that the same situation as with Hitman--your receipt shows XCOM at $59.99 with the $15 GC included as a package deal while the online receipt in your RZ account shows XCOM at $44.99 and the GC as free?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

#2023 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

But was that the same situation as with Hitman--your receipt shows XCOM at $59.99 with the $15 GC included as a package deal while the online receipt in your RZ account shows XCOM at $44.99 and the GC as free?

Vigilante is right, the situations are different. I bought both games and took advantage of both gift card offers. Hitman shows the game discounted by $20 on the RZ receipt and bundled on the store receipt. XCOM shows the game at full price with a $0 gift card on the RZ receipt, and full price on the store receipt with no mention of the gift card. That's why PM'ing XCOM isnt a problem, because the system shows it at full price instead of being discounted/bundled.
Posted Image

#2024 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Nope, the Xcom GC was just zeroed out and the xcom game was charged at full price 59.99

Same with the 10 gc that came with Hitman preorder on BB.com
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2025 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

Vigilante is right, the situations are different. I bought both games and took advantage of both gift card offers. Hitman shows the game discounted by $20 on the RZ receipt and bundled on the store receipt. XCOM shows the game at full price with a $0 gift card on the RZ receipt, and full price on the store receipt with no mention of the gift card. That's why PM'ing XCOM isnt a problem, because the system shows it at full price instead of being discounted/bundled.

I guess the question is whether anyone will debate the physical receipt showing the $59.99 game and $0.00 GC.

As long as Hitman goes on sale sometime within 60 days, I'll give it a shot, and if it doesn't pan out, I can just return the game and GC.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#2026 Zeus_Thunder

Zeus_Thunder

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

So technically you can get Hitman Absolution for $39.99 using that $20 GC offer as some sort of discount?

#2027 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

So technically you can get Hitman Absolution for $39.99 using that $20 GC offer as some sort of discount?

Well if you are using trade credit then yes. You pay $59.99 and they give you the game and a $20 GC. You cannot use the GC on the purchase though.
Posted Image

#2028 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Anyone try to PM at time of purchase via Fry's ($49.99) and still get the $20 GC?

#2029 Action!

Action!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Bought LBP at BB this month for full price. Think they'd PM the 10 dollars off if I took the receipt in?

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#2030 Kuroknight27

Kuroknight27

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Bought LBP at BB this month for full price. Think they'd PM the 10 dollars off if I took the receipt in?

I did it with Max Payne 3 awhile back, I took the receipt and a print out of the promotion and they price adjusted it for me.

#2031 Action!

Action!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

I did it with Max Payne 3 awhile back, I took the receipt and a print out of the promotion and they price adjusted it for me.

Thanks, Kuro.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#2032 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

So is Hitman worth $40?

#2033 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

Just got back from bestbuy, got hitman absolution & got the $20gc & i used a $20 reward zone credit to buy it

I'm gonna do that too once my points for halo post :D

#2034 randomevent

randomevent

Mr. Pigface

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

i tried using the resident evil 6 $20 off in the store and it wasn't working. I clicked claim on my account even printed the coupon and when I tried to checkout it just said invalid and still rangup as $59.99

had to get a manager to override the price to $40, he said that has happened to other people today as well.

Same thing happened to me. The supervisor who came to look at the transaction started going on about having to call the "Premier Silver" hotline since it's a coupon and he can't adjust it. I just left at that point...

I'm going to my normal BB today to get RE6. I know it's possible that BB has some sort of special procedures for Silver customers, but I'm pretty sure based on my shopping experiences at BB and my experiences working there as a second job that the supervisor could have simply just offered to do a manual price adjustment and kept the coupon that I brought it.

So aggravating...

#2035 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

Hope I have time to claim this tomorrow.
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#2036 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

Got the hitman offer, was a little hassle because the cashier didn't know how to do the GC bundle in the beginning.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2037 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

Has anyone tried PMing Resident Evil 6 from Amazon to $40 AND getting $20 off?

#2038 TheEliminator62

TheEliminator62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

So can RE6 be price matched with the $39.99 sale at Gamestop and receive the $20 off coupon or is this not acceptable?

#2039 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

So can RE6 be price matched with the $39.99 sale at Gamestop and receive the $20 off coupon or is this not acceptable?

I asked this earlier and I was told probably not because it's considered double-dipping.

But confirmation would be nice.
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#2040 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

I asked this earlier and I was told probably not because it's considered double-dipping.

But confirmation would be nice.

Well, the Hitman PM is double-dipping too, I just want to know if someone had success.