Photo
- - - - -

$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2475 replies to this topic

#2221 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Your exactly right

I saw the Resistance collection and no doubt it was a fat box with 3 separate discs.

Very unappealing that Resistance 1 and 2 is the greatest hits versions and Resistance 3 is the standard copy

#2222 Stingermck

Stingermck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Same problems as everyone else with the Resistance Coupon. By the time the manager tried 10 different combinations he took $30 off manually. $10 out the door. Score!

#2223 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Same problems as everyone else with the Resistance Coupon. By the time the manager tried 10 different combinations he took $30 off manually. $10 out the door. Score!

Damn lol.

#2224 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Nice. I had the same problems but the manager was nice about it, and rang it up for $20 for me. I had to go in and get it today cause they only had a few copies.
So are all 3 of these games worth $20? Cause frankly, from what I've heard and what I've played from the demoes, they aren't. I really don't have much interest in the online multiplayer either, whenever I want to play a FPS online I usually just go for Gotham City Imposters, Goldeneye, Doom 3, or one of a thousand other online FPS's I have. I am thinking of just returning it or gifting it to someone.

God of War for $20 is great. I got GoW saga during the B2G1 sale in October, is there any chance in Hell I can exchange that for another $40 game (say the Ezio Trilogy) and rebuy with the coupon? I do have the reciept.

Wow... so I'm literally gonna have to pop into every Best Buy I run across over here in the hopes of spotting the Resistance Collection. So that's about 3, and I already physically tried 1, to no avail.

For anyone that has actually found it, where exactly did you notice it? The 2 BB's closeby are a complete mess, and the one closest to me has the smallest PS3 shelf I've ever seen in any store... ever.

I actually couldn't find either of the collections. I had to ask an employee who had to pull me a copy of each from the back.

Edited by rcerboss, 11 December 2012 - 05:55 PM.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#2225 noise850

noise850

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Thanks for sharing your story. Do you have another BB around you? Even though you were right, i would have just given up after 10 minutes tops and tried elsewhere. BB was totally in the wrong here but you should have realized after 30 min. it was a lost cause and anything beyond that point was you just wasting your time that you could have avoided. There's not a lot of B&M retailers that offer gaming deals beyond BB.

I know it was a lost cause and I was wasting my time, but how this manager handled himself was with so much disrespect towards me, I was willing to stay on the phone just to see if they could clear the issue up and show I was in the right.

I have posted this issue on the Best Buy community page and sent an email to support. I have also copied The Consumerist.

At this point, I don't even care about the game, I want an apology for how I was treated. If this issue is not resolved, I'd be more than happy to buy the game at full price at another retailer just so Best Buy would never get another penny from me. That may not be the CAG thing to do, but it is what I feel is ethically correct.

This is not the first time Best Buy has handled themselves poorly, but I assure you it will be the last for me.

#2226 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

I grabbed the Resistance Collection today for the sale price. The manager did have to price adjust. He called corporate to find out why the sku's were different. They said no idea. He said they were stupid for not having their shit together and price matched it without issue. Good deal. Now I have two copies of R3 though. Will have to sell one...

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#2227 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

I know it was a lost cause and I was wasting my time, but how this manager handled himself was with so much disrespect towards me, I was willing to stay on the phone just to see if they could clear the issue up and show I was in the right.

I have posted this issue on the Best Buy community page and sent an email to support. I have also copied The Consumerist.

At this point, I don't even care about the game, I want an apology for how I was treated. If this issue is not resolved, I'd be more than happy to buy the game at full price at another retailer just so Best Buy would never get another penny from me. That may not be the CAG thing to do, but it is what I feel is ethically correct.

This is not the first time Best Buy has handled themselves poorly, but I assure you it will be the last for me.

That's unfortunate, but you should note that it's an issue with your particular store and not the overall chain. I have 2 Best Buy's near my house, one has been there for 20+ years now IIRC and the other opened the weekend the 3DS launched. The old one is a lot like what you described, except they also often fail to match their own ads or honor their own coupons. Most recently, I tried to buy Deux Ex from them during the Summer gaming sale when it was $10, but they refused to let it go for less than $30 or $40 and I ended up just having to get it online :roll:

The new store is the polar opposite though, I've had employees bend over backwards to help me, they hold games for me prior to a sale if it is something I am interested in (El Hoardo is a problem in my area and the staff wants to make sure I'm taken care of :D ),and they've even allowed me to use coupons on PSN game codes when a game I want for sale is unavailable so that I can buy the game digitally. I know not all Best Buy's are like that, but at this point they've been so great to me I rarely buy electronics/games/movies/ect anywhere else if I can help it, and almost always from that store. If they all were like that, on top of their sales like this, I bet Best Buy's financial troubles would be over pretty quickly.
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

#2228 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Picked up God of War Saga today, made sense since I have the 1&2 Collection and 3 which I can sell off and now I also get the 2 remastered PSP games and the PS+ voucher. Thanks OP!

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#2229 noise850

noise850

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

...If they all were like that, on top of their sales like this, I bet Best Buy's financial troubles would be over pretty quickly.

I do not doubt that there are well run stores out there who treat their customers well. The problem is that this incident was the first time I had even BEEN to this store. The only reason I went here was to pickup an item out of stock at my local store, which was another hassle altogether.

However, I have had other incidents at Best Buys all over SoCal, including my local store, and also when I lived in Nashville. I am a very patient person who never even asks stores to bend the rules, so this incident is just the last straw in a long-running corporate trend.

The problem I have is that there seems to be a huge disconnect between store managers and corporate in that store managers are allowed to run their store any way they see fit. This is evident by numerous postings made by BB CS reps on their own message board. I have worked retail long ago, and I cannot even imagine how a company of this size thinks this is a good idea.

If the store managers cannot be held accountable to follow policy and good customer service, how can they hope to bring themselves out of the mess they are in? Perhaps having Richard Schulze buy the company back would have been the Best Buy.

Again, I am happy for you that your local store appreciates your business and takes good care of you. Hopefully it will continue.

#2230 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

The problem I have is that there seems to be a huge disconnect between store managers and corporate in that store managers are allowed to run their store any way they see fit. This is evident by numerous postings made by BB CS reps on their own message board. I have worked retail long ago, and I cannot even imagine how a company of this size thinks this is a good idea.

If the store managers cannot be held accountable to follow policy and good customer service, how can they hope to bring themselves out of the mess they are in? Perhaps having Richard Schulze buy the company back would have been the Best Buy.

Again, I am happy for you that your local store appreciates your business and takes good care of you. Hopefully it will continue.

I see, I was unaware that there was this massive disconnect. But I've honestly never worked retail and am really not too familiar with how these chains are run in the first place.

I'd like to check out this message board too, I'm gonna see if I can find it tonight. Should make for an interesting read.

#2231 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

I do not doubt that there are well run stores out there who treat their customers well. The problem is that this incident was the first time I had even BEEN to this store. The only reason I went here was to pickup an item out of stock at my local store, which was another hassle altogether.

However, I have had other incidents at Best Buys all over SoCal, including my local store, and also when I lived in Nashville. I am a very patient person who never even asks stores to bend the rules, so this incident is just the last straw in a long-running corporate trend.

the problem is yes as you say a disconnect between corporate and local stores. this is evident in a lot big retail stores but then others there doesnt seem to be an issue wal mart for instance just says to hell with it and lets the customer get what they want. i worked for a place before where corporate rules were just terrible i always caught between please the customer or follow rules and piss of customer this was ALWAYS the case.

the problem even in those cases is really two things

1. local employees its always a crapshoot.
2. modern work ethic is just flat out appalling.

really as long as those two points stand corporate policy can be the best thing since sliced bread. and the only way to really fix my two points is to fix society and its hard to fix a society that things it can keep spending while trillions and trillions of dollars in the hole. it just is not possible that and the complete failing school system and crumbling of the family unit arent helping either. in other words as long as society keeps spiraling down the hill of stupidity and narcissism that it seems to love so much i cant really see much best buy could do to fix it at a national level.

#2232 VT_Brian

VT_Brian

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Here's my theory, in visual terms. Here's the "cancelled" SKU:

Notice it appears to place all 3 games in one case. Now, here's what actually was released:

Do you guys agree this is what happened?

I don't think they cancelled putting all the games in one box. One of the developers said something about Sony clearing out all their excess stock with these old packages first to get rid of the separate Greatest Hits editions. Once those run out, they will be replaced by the single case version that if I remember correctly, has R:FOM and R2 on the first disc and then R3 on a second disc. But the developer was mainly talking about how it wasn't worth the time and effort to go back to R:FOM and add trophies to it.

#2233 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Why $30 off? I thought it was only supposed to be $20 off. Was this just him being extra nice for the hassle or am I missing something?

#2234 flatliner718

flatliner718

The Outlaw

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

Idiotic answers at my store. They had 3 in stock

#2235 gla55jAw

gla55jAw

Not Glass Joe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

I got the same problem at my Best Buy. The kid at the register mentioned something about different skus. I should have pushed, but I'll try again tomorrow and explain. I really don't want 3 separate boxes though. looks kinda shitty being that 2 of them are the red greatest hits version.

#2236 rolalinii

rolalinii

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

Same here different sku's so no go.. i'll try agian tomorrow after i call rw cs.

#2237 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

What a hassle! They had 4 copies of resistance. All in the back. Waited for them to bring one out. coupon didn't work. Had to get them to manually input a $20 coupon. 30 minutes to save $20. Only stayed because I had a giftcard. So i didn't spend a dime.

#2238 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

What a hassle! They had 4 copies of resistance. All in the back. Waited for them to bring one out. coupon didn't work. Had to get them to manually input a $20 coupon. 30 minutes to save $20. Only stayed because I had a giftcard. So i didn't spend a dime.

Same here the store manager was so anal about overriding the price so it was $20 had to wait like 20 minutes. Manager only dropped the price after I said I was not going to purchase the Skylanders and Wii U I had in checkout as well. Guess the Wii U was not selling well at that location there was like 30 of them piled up in the middle of the store entrance. Have no interest in the system only purchased it for my nephew.

#2239 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

I grabbed the Resistance Collection today for the sale price. The manager did have to price adjust. He called corporate to find out why the sku's were different. They said no idea. He said they were stupid for not having their shit together and price matched it without issue. Good deal. Now I have two copies of R3 though. Will have to sell one...

I had a copy of R3 too that I just traded into Best Buy for $6.40 with GCU to help pay for the collection (manager had to override too for the $20 off). Pretty much nothing but I had only paid $10 for it previously when they had the coupon for it(all with BB credit anyways).

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#2240 XxLady_AthenaxX

XxLady_AthenaxX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

Same here the store manager was so anal about overriding the price so it was $20 had to wait like 20 minutes. Manager only dropped the price after I said I was not going to purchase the Skylanders and Wii U I had in checkout as well. Guess the Wii U was not selling well at that location there was like 30 of them piled up in the middle of the store entrance. Have no interest in the system only purchased it for my nephew.

That's so funny that you mentioned that; I had to use the same tactic with the Killzone Trilogy while waiting for the manager override on the Resistance Collection. Best Buy definitely doesn't want to, and literally cannot afford to, lose more business.

Sometimes you get people that work with you, and other times you get stubborn jackasses. I understand they're just doing their job or whatever, but come on... it's a screw up on BB's end, not the customer's end. The customer just wants their coupon honored.

BTW, kinda off-topic, but can I just say that BB price-matching Amazon and NewEgg is the best thing ever? :applause:
Show me a bored mind and I'll show you a mind that lacks innovation.

#2241 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

I got the same problem at my Best Buy. The kid at the register mentioned something about different skus. I should have pushed, but I'll try again tomorrow and explain. I really don't want 3 separate boxes though. looks kinda shitty being that 2 of them are the red greatest hits version.

It's dissapointing, but not as bad as when I got the GoW collection a couple months back and found vouchers for GoW Origins on PSN instead of the game discs. I had to clean fridge, and those games + the videos that came with them still took almost all the memory I have left. I can't believe a couple of remasterd PSP games were that large. And to add insult to injury, it took 14 hours to download everything!

What really sucks though is that I had also bought a copy of that collection for my friend as his birthday gift, and he has no internet in his apartment (they have wireless, but only in the common area), thus has no way to download the games I paid for :cry:.

Compared to that disappointment, getting 3 separate game boxes isn't a big deal at all.

#2242 orion1998_1

orion1998_1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

is the resistance collection 3 sealed games inside?

#2243 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

is the resistance collection 3 sealed games inside?

Pretty much, yes. It's just like the Resistance/Uncharted Dual pack but with Resistance 3 thrown in. The back says something about extra content for Resistance 2/3 (I'm assuming some DLC) but I haven't opened it yet to look at it. Anyone got any ideas on what, if any, DLC is included?

After researching the games I think I'll keep them. I am intrigued about the 60 player multiplayer on R2, can anyone tell me if that's still alive at all? Otherwise I doubt I'll barely even touch the multiplayer...

#2244 Tuxedo38

Tuxedo38

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Picked up GoW Saga today. I also saw three copies of the Resistance Collection out on the floor, looks kinda ugly since it's a mash of two greatest hits and R3.

#2245 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

has anyone tried this at any of the best buys in south florida?
Visualize my mind... :whee:
:3ds: Friend Code: 4811-6958-3162 Ziggy
618684.png

#2246 RespectTheChemistry

RespectTheChemistry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

Feels like they went a step back with the Resistance set. One thing I loved about the previous sets is it was all in one case.

Def. going to pick up the GoW saga this week. I still have the Origins collection or whatever with the PSP titles on disc for the PS3, so I thankfully won't have to bother downloading the games from the PSN.

#2247 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Went to two Best Buys and couldn't find God of War Saga. One of them had it in their inventory, but none on the shelves or in the warehouse. Boo Best Buy! You can't use this online can you?

#2248 htz

htz

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Went to two Best Buys and couldn't find God of War Saga. One of them had it in their inventory, but none on the shelves or in the warehouse. Boo Best Buy! You can't use this online can you?

All RZ offers are in-store only.

#2249 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

All RZ offers are in-store only.

Ah dang. I guess I'll just wait for this to get cheap somewhere else down the line, or hope they discount the GOW Saga controller bundles to $40 at some point like the Killzone ones.

#2250 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

visited several stores and only found 1 copy of Resistance collection. it was the 3 case version. might pick it up if it's still there though I'll have to deal with terrible managers there...