Photo
- - - - -

$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2476 replies to this topic

#2281 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Sorry man I thought about scanning my receipt since so many people were having issues with this! Hope this helps!

Well, that kind of explains things a bit more. That SKU is not found online at all. I can understand this going on for a day or two after they first put up the sale, but it's been up a week now so it's pretty shocking Best Buy has dropped the ball this badly. How do you have a front page sale on the Reward Zone with a deleted SKU for a week?

The GM I spoke with said he would take $20 off any PS3 game I wanted because the sale was screwed up on their end and they didn't have the product. I told him I'd hold off on that and wait to try to get the Resistance Collection but the employee told me since the GM ok'ed it I could go back and get that deal at any time. Considering I already got the God of War + Controller bundle for about $23 and change, I'm making out like a bandit on these blown sales. It's just shocking they screwed this up so badly though. I didn't want any "special" deals, I just wanted the advertised one and didn't think it would be this hard to just get what was advertised.

#2282 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

Well, that kind of explains things a bit more. That SKU is not found online at all. I can understand this going on for a day or two after they first put up the sale, but it's been up a week now so it's pretty shocking Best Buy has dropped the ball this badly. How do you have a front page sale on the Reward Zone with a deleted SKU for a week?

The GM I spoke with said he would take $20 off any PS3 game I wanted because the sale was screwed up on their end and they didn't have the product. I told him I'd hold off on that and wait to try to get the Resistance Collection but the employee told me since the GM ok'ed it I could go back and get that deal at any time. Considering I already got the God of War + Controller bundle for about $23 and change, I'm making out like a bandit on these blown sales. It's just shocking they screwed this up so badly though. I didn't want any "special" deals, I just wanted the advertised one and didn't think it would be this hard to just get what was advertised.

Sounds like quite the hookup! If you want the Resistance Collection I say take him up on it. Yeah it's a bit weird they are so unprepared on such a hugely advertised sale like this. Guess their screwups are your gain.
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#2283 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

I can't find it in store or online

#2284 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

Went to another Best Buy where they said they had three in stock. Showed up, nothing in the shelf but still said 3 in stock. Had a dude check the go-backs, gamestock, and stock room, nothing.... it's like someone out there doesn't want me to get this game.

#2285 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

Damn it, I missed the return of pepsiman? Too bad. Looks like the mods got rid of, or should I say drank, him extra quick this time.

#2286 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

Thanks OP, picked up Resistance Collection today for $20+tax ($15+tax with $5 RZ cert). Great deal!

Edited by chimpmeister, 16 December 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#2287 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

Thanks OP, picked up Resistance Collection today for $20+tax ($15+tax with $5 RZ cert). Great deal!

Great, but why'd you quote me?

#2288 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

I can't stop from playing Far Cry 3 to even start Resistance 1 yet. :( #firstworldproblems
Visualize my mind... :whee:
:3ds: Friend Code: 4811-6958-3162 Ziggy
618684.png

#2289 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flap top

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

My BB had a stack of the Resistance set on display. Picked that up. No GoW's though. Going to have to travel 30 min to the next BB. Really excited for these collections with $20 off. Really sucky that it isn't all in 1 case, but I guess one positive is that I can sell each off when I finish one.

#2290 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

I have to ask. I have all 3 Resistances separate, but does the Collection have the heinous install and delete times for Resistance 3 still, or has that been fixed? I want to get it for a friend but also know that they'd probably go ape waiting two hours to delete a game when it came time to do so.

#2291 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Great, but why'd you quote me?

Accidentally, sorry. Meant to just reply.

#2292 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

Accidentally, sorry. Meant to just reply.

There's nothing to say sorry for. It happens.

#2293 Dwarf41

Dwarf41

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

They have new offers available. 40% off strategy guide and $8.99 zelda: twilight princess.

#2294 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

I guess I'll be buying Twilight Princess today.

Edit: Offer isn't there for me. Weird. Hopefully it shows later today. Wouldn't mind starting it on my day off.

#2295 Dwarf41

Dwarf41

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

I notice the start date is 12/23/12. Not sure if we can use them now.

#2296 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Picked up God of War Complete Saga finally the other day. Took me like an hour to check out though.

#2297 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Also picked up GoW:CS. there is a VERY noticeable difference visually with the HD. Had my PS3 and PS2 playing GoW 1. Flipped back and forth (different inputs on TV) a couple times to see the difference. Gotta say, I remember playing on the ps2 and being like "damn, this is a good looking game!" Now... we getting spoiled XD
Oh and as others have noted, the PSP games are not on a disk but on a code voucher.

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#2298 Grammaton-Cleric

Grammaton-Cleric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Also picked up GoW:CS. there is a VERY noticeable difference visually with the HD. Had my PS3 and PS2 playing GoW 1. Flipped back and forth (different inputs on TV) a couple times to see the difference. Gotta say, I remember playing on the ps2 and being like "damn, this is a good looking game!" Now... we getting spoiled XD
Oh and as others have noted, the PSP games are not on a disk but on a code voucher.

Agreed, GOW 1 and 2 are vastly superior on the PS3 HD collection. Not only are both games displayed in 720p, both also run at a blistering and consistent 60fps.

I’d venture to state the only HD collection that offers a more pronounced leap in terms of visual fidelity and performance is the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection.

#2299 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Don't forget RZ GCU welcome packets come with one coupon good for 50% off guides.

#2300 htz

htz

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

12/23/12 - 1/5-13
40% off all Strategy Guides
Zelda Twilight Princess $8.99

I'm seeing it on my account, too. :) Going to use the 40% off to pick up a CE guide.

#2301 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Can you price match a guide from amazon, and then use the coupon? Or is that double dipping?

I ask cuz usually amazon guides are already about 30-40% off MSRP

Spoiler

#2302 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Can you price match a guide from amazon, and then use the coupon? Or is that double dipping?

No.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2303 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

It's double dipping, so YMMV depending on whoever does the override.

#2304 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

It's double dipping, so YMMV depending on whoever does the override.

It will not work. I tried with a PM and the 50% gamers club coupon. Scanning the coupon voids the PM.

#2305 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Yea I didn't think it would work that way. Thanks for the confirmation.

Spoiler

#2306 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

12/23/12 - 1/5-13

I'm seeing it on my account, too. :) Going to use the 40% off to pick up a CE guide.

where are you seeing this? I'd love to get in on both deals :D

#2307 htz

htz

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

where are you seeing this? I'd love to get in on both deals :D

Best Buy mobile app. But the offers can't be used until 12/23.

#2308 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

12/23/12 - 1/5-13

Will the 40% off stack with the GCU Unlocked Welcome coupon of 50% off?

#2309 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

Will the 40% off stack with the GCU Unlocked Welcome coupon of 50% off?

.....really?!? They should start putting fine print on these coupons to deter these questions....oh wait

#2310 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

.....really?!? They should start putting fine print on these coupons to deter these questions....oh wait

Ok, thanks!