Photo
- - - - -

Amazon matches Catherine, now $29.99 shipped( other matches listed in OP)

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#121 io

io

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Adding Lord of the Rings War in the North for 360 to the OP price match list...

#122 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

I'm interested in catherine but 30 is way too much. It'd be nice to get the book and soundtrack but that's just going to sit around doing nothing. I'm sure GF will have it for 10 or so later on.

#123 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

I'm interested in catherine but 30 is way too much. It'd be nice to get the book and soundtrack but that's just going to sit around doing nothing. I'm sure GF will have it for 10 or so later on.

I've been saying that for the last few months, lol.

#124 crow3232

crow3232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

maybe i shouldnt have ordered. mine arrived w book and soundtrack thing. but i left it sealed. maybe ill wait and see if i can ebay it

#125 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

I went ahead and bit on Catherine. Really didn't want another RPG style game.

#126 Doom Kvlt

Doom Kvlt

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

I went ahead and bit on Catherine. Really didn't want another RPG style game.

Good thing Catherine isn't an RPG.

#127 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

What I meant was another Oblivion styled game. Take it easy, I haven't had my caffeine yet lol

#128 Doom Kvlt

Doom Kvlt

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

What I meant was another Oblivion styled game. Take it easy, I haven't had my caffeine yet lol

So you're playing Oblivion and want something different? or you thought Catherine was an RPG?

Not attacking you, it's just unclear what you were trying to convey with your last post.

#129 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

So you're playing Oblivion and want something different? or you thought Catherine was an RPG?

Not attacking you, it's just unclear what you were trying to convey with your last post.

I think it's pretty obvious he meant he didn't want another RPG game and since Catherine isn't one, he picked it up. Makes sense to me anyway :)

#130 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

I have played Oblivion, Skyrim, DA Origins, and KOA. So yeah, change of pace is what I'm after.

#131 Doom Kvlt

Doom Kvlt

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Sorry, I misinterpreted it as being "I bought Catherine because it was cheaper, but I didn't really want to add another RPG to my backlog".

#132 an Iksar Monk

an Iksar Monk

Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Picked up Kingdoms, I'm so giddy right now. I have been waiting on this one to drop from $50's and since I quit WoW (or rather my PC crashed and I refused to buy another rig) it should pull on my nostalgia strings.

I saw GS was going to drop to 40 and figured it was a matter of time :) Thanks OP!!!

Not sure who I am more disappointed with:  Bioshock for the Mass Effect 3 ending or the current federal administration for... TLDW.

:hot:

#133 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

I've been saying that for the last few months, lol.

I have had Catherine in my Gamefly cart for quite a while now and I don't think I have ever seen it dip below $15

#134 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

Got in about two days, came with the artbook. Haven't opened it, but I assume the soundtrack is in there as well. Nice surprise, I didn't know about this when I ordered it.

#135 KingXtreme81

KingXtreme81

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Got my 360 copy, which was the alt. cover, but contacted Amazon and got a replacement that had the original cover. Oh, both came with the artbook/CD.

#136 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Oh shoot, thanks for reminding me, I should open it to make sure I got the right cover.

#137 baboyizm

baboyizm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

I just got my PS3 copy and ordered on Thursday with super saver shipping. Looks like I got the unedited cover and art book with skew 730865001385.

#138 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:33 AM

caved and ordered Catherine...

#139 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

Don't know if this was there before but I just noticed it states you get the artbook and soundtrack bonus offer if you order it from amazon. PS3 version at least.

#140 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

Got my 360 copy, which was the alt. cover, but contacted Amazon and got a replacement that had the original cover. Oh, both came with the artbook/CD.

I decided to check my Xbox version and also got the edited version, they set up a replacement for me, here's to hoping I get the right one.

#141 Greyslash

Greyslash

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

Can anyone tell me the "difference" between the Alt cover and the normal cover? Is one rarer than the other or...?
Posted Image

#142 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

Can anyone tell me the "difference" between the Alt cover and the normal cover? Is one rarer than the other or...?

The censored versions are zoomed in versions of the normal cover art that clip out the cleavage and what not for stores that found the game too "risque" to put on store shelves. You can see all of the covers here:
http://catherinetheg...atherine_(game)

#143 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:46 AM

What to do? I found a used copy during the B2G1 GS sale but for a few bucks more I can get a sealed copy with the soundtrack and art book. Are those extra items worth the extra money?

#144 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

Yeah... there's no way in hell the price is going any lower than that for a new copy. If I don't cave in now I'm never going to find one in decent condition. Thanks OP. I'm ordering now before I talk myself out of it.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#145 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

I have had Catherine in my Gamefly cart for quite a while now and I don't think I have ever seen it dip below $15

$14.99 was the lowest price it has been through them. I would order this, but I know I wouldn't play it for a while. AHH too many games to play right now. I have my membership until the 27th so I'm hoping they throw it on sale for $9.99. I have it installed so I would instantly buy my rental copy essentially. Maybe they'll have Rayman Origins for the same price as well in the near future.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#146 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

What to do? I found a used copy during the B2G1 GS sale but for a few bucks more I can get a sealed copy with the soundtrack and art book. Are those extra items worth the extra money?

Depends on what you're into. The sound disc is a collection of 11 classical songs (Bach, Beethoven, Handel, Chopin, etc) remixed/reworked for the game (you can check out the tracks on youtube). The art book has...well, extra images of characters from the game, character introductions, a little behind the scenes stuff. I loved the game enough that I'm glad I got the extras as a bonus just to have...but, unless you're into classical music, it's probably more of a collectable than anything.

#147 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

As much as I wanted to get this game for 20 bucks or less, I don't wanna wait anymore (though im sure best buy will have a sale on it to clear it off the shelves sooner or later). Gave in and ordered one. Just wish I jumped on the sale amazon had a while back when the Love is over edition was around 40 bucks, or even when Kmart had the regular version for 35 only 2 weeks after its release, basically waited half a year or so to save 5 bucks:lol:

#148 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

Mine should be here Tuesday (360). Not sure what cover it will have. I'm guessing from the comments, the one pictured here http://www.amazon.co...33866831&sr=8-1 is not what some are getting? If that's the case, and I get a different one, what do I tell Amazon to get the correct one?

#149 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Love "deal" is over - both versions around $40, but both still available.

#150 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

Love "deal" is over - both versions around $40, but both still available.

Ha, your post is funny. :P Poor Vincent.

Anyway, picked up a sealed copy for 30 WITH the Soundtrack CD and Artbook and I'm very happy about it. Titles like these should be supported, Kudos for Atlus for bringing this one over.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png