Amazon matches Target on $50 credit with Star Wars Kinect Bundle

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

The system was just delivered to my mom's place. She said the guy just gave her the box and took off, didn't even have her sign for it. I told her that's strange since Amazon usually would have you sign for it and she said it was a no-brand carrier. I checked my invoice and it said the carrier is ONTRAC and it was signed by "fr. door."

She said it was the same delivery company that dropped off my other packages.

#32 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

For someone who needs a 360 and a kinect and wants the SW game this is a great deal with the GC/Credit. Add to it the console looks awesome and it's an even better deal IMO. I really doubt these consoles are going to last long enough to be cheap on newegg, but I guess you never know.

#33 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Anybody actually thinking about this might want to read the reviews are online. The entire game is a nightmare. Just watch a few videos of people actually playing it. There's cursing involved.

cagSig.png515886.png

#34 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

AAAHH I just found another one, holy crap this is really terrible. Have fun folks. I'm really not sure which is worse, probably the one with Han and Lando because it's just so wrong, but yikes this is close.

lol at one of the comments: "This is not the Star Wars you're looking for"

Sweet Jesus, that is awful. If I buy one of these consoles, it will be secondhand so I am in no way responsible for funding this game.

#35 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm going to throw in my 2 cents w/ the "overpriced" crowd. Not that it's overpriced like the $30 Skylander single character packs, but compared to the $200 PS3 holiday bundles, or the $250 Xbox360 4GB Kinect bundles w/ $50 GC at Target last week - so $200 for Xbox360 plus Kinect and I'm sure you could buy an extra hard drive for less than $200. So yes, the SW fans will buy this, they'll buy anything, but I don't think it's a great deal for those just looking to get a "deal" on an Xbox360 Kinect bundle w/ a game. And I also think it won't sell well b/c of price and will be available soon cheaper. Like the PS3 display now $300 down from $500. And no I don't own an Xbox but am in the market for one. Almost pulled the trigger on that bundle last week, will keep an eye out for a big price drop on this one. Especially if MS announces the 720 at E3. (I know they aren't supposed to, but if they do this will have to drop.)

#36 Booj

Booj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

If there's any left by Friday I'm sold.. unfortunately who knows..

#37 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

Watching videos on Youtube...Star Wars Kinect looks so damn boring. I'm once again disappointed by LucasArts...What a waste.

I'm a Star Wars purist...and while the dancing game is completely out of place, the Han Solo dance is still hilarious (someone deserves a pat on the back...but it should have been DLC to the main-game). The main game's gameplay looks pitifully slow, boring, unresponsive, and childish (not that flailing my arms in my room to a kids' game is mature).

I've been on and off the fence about this bundle for the better part of a year now...And the gameplay videos have pushed me even further from adding to George Lucas' wallet...Too bad, the R2D2 console would have been amazing.

Fuck you George Lucas for ruining my childhood fad@!@

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#38 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

I'm convinced the developer of this game hates Star Wars.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#39 adamical

adamical

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

Tempted . . . but I'm near a Kmart in Northern VA that still has a Gears of War 3 360 and a MW3 Xbox, and I'm waiting for those to hit clearance. Also this game looks hilariously terrible.

Let me say Wow to those above me in the thread who have multiple 360s and are considering buying this one . . . that's pretty impressive guys. Wish I had that kind of cash to throw around.

#40 sonicemerald

sonicemerald

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

you sold a modern warfare 2 console for $250...what the buyer Fucking high!

It's for a friends dad. I think I might drop it $50... I feel $250 is too overpriced. I just offered it and they accepted.

...what can you do?

#41 infamy

infamy

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

I own the FF13, GoW3, and Halo Reach LE 360s and still am so tempted to get this. Such a sexy looking console..I guessbit depends on how much I can sell the white Kinect and game for..

How much do you guys think the kinect will go for?

[currently playing]

:360: Forza 5, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Killer Instinct, Rayman Legends

:ps3: Anarchy Reigns

:baby: My beautiful baby daughter

#42 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

How much do you guys think the kinect will go for?

If you unload both the kinect and the star wars game together, you might get $140-160 on ebay before shipping cost and fees. There is currently one auction for both the white Kinect and the Star wars game with a bid at $150 with free shipping.

You could always unload the FF13 xbox....Assuming you have the box and all the items, amazon is giving $200 in credit for it in 'good' condition.

http://www.amazon.co...3521540&sr=1-17

You'll find the FF13 system in the edition selector box

#43 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

The console beeps and chirps like R2 when you press the open disc button, power it on, etc.... pretty darn cool.

#44 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Got mine all set up lastnight and tried a little bit of the game, which is "meh" as I expected. The podracing is really fun surprisingly. It DOES have a 2-player option you can pick before the race (All the reviews I have read say it's 1 player only), but I'm not sure if you both race at the same time or take turns.

The console itself is pretty slick. I like that it's a matte finish and not glossy. The R2D2 sounds when you power on the console or open the CD tray is cute, although it's only when you physically touch the console - turning it on with a wireless controller doesn't make it beep.

I'm happy with my purchase :)

(And for those curious - my console mfr date is Nov 2011.. so they've had this console ready way before the game was)

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#45 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Is the console 'molded' like R2 or is simply a skin (or sticker)?

$400 (after $50 GC) is a pretty good price for it. Could probably dump my 250GB Slim and Kinect and only pay a wee bit of money out of pocket...

#46 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Didn't target have the 4GB Slim with Kinect for $250 AND a $50 GC?

So essentially you are paying $200 more for a larget harder, a sub-par game and a LE controller.

You could have just gone with the 4GB Slim with Kinect deal and upgraded the HD yourself and been about $100 ahead.

#47 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

Didn't target have the 4GB Slim with Kinect for $250 AND a $50 GC?

So essentially you are paying $200 more for a larget harder, a sub-par game and a LE controller.

You could have just gone with the 4GB Slim with Kinect deal and upgraded the HD yourself and been about $100 ahead.

Yeah...$200 more for 316GB of space (which is still overkill, IMO), LE controller, LE console and a $50 game. For some it's a good deal. I would never touch a 4GB 360. You can't install anything on it. The 4GB Kinect has millions available, the Star Wars Kinect...not so much.

#48 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Yeah...$200 more for 316GB of space (which is still overkill, IMO), LE controller, LE console and a $50 game. For some it's a good deal. I would never touch a 4GB 360. You can install anything on it. The 4GB Kinect has millions available, the Star Wars Kinect...not so much.

Exactly. Don't see what people are missing here. No one is saying this is a deal on a 360 console. If all you want to play is 360 games then there are cheaper ways to do it. For what you get and if this is what you want, it actually works out as a deal.

#49 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Exactly. Don't see what people are missing here. No one is saying this is a deal on a 360 console. If all you want to play is 360 games then there are cheaper ways to do it. For what you get and if this is what you want, it actually works out as a deal.

Im going back and fourth with ordering one. I can probably dump by 250GB Slim and Kinect for about $300...so it's only $100 out of pocket (I buy regularly on Amazon so the $50 GC is essentially $50 off to me). Wanted the Star wars games anyway...hmm.

Does this come with anyway to transfer stuff from the current Slim HD to the new one? Or...maybe I can just swap HDs?

#50 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

Is the console 'molded' like R2 or is simply a skin (or sticker)?

$400 (after $50 GC) is a pretty good price for it. Could probably dump my 250GB Slim and Kinect and only pay a wee bit of money out of pocket...

It's "molded" in a sense. It's actual white and blue plastic, not a sticker. I really like the look and feel of it. The blue LED's instead of green are great too :)

No, this does not come with the transfer cable. You can pick that up for $10-15 I believe.. just make sure it's the new version that supports the slim HD. You can swap HD's, but then you lose the 320GB. I just used a USB flash drive to transfer everything except game installs - it took about an hour to transfer ~5GB of content to the USB drive and then to the new console.

#51 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

It's "molded" in a sense. It's actual white and blue plastic, not a sticker. I really like the look and feel of it. The blue LED's instead of green are great too :)

No, this does not come with the transfer cable. You can pick that up for $10-15 I believe.. just make sure it's the new version that supports the slim HD. You can swap HD's, but then you lose the 320GB. I just used a USB flash drive to transfer everything except game installs - it took about an hour to transfer ~5GB of content to the USB drive and then to the new console.

Yeah, we used a USB drive to do it too. Takes a little while, but pretty simple.

#52 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

I would love one of these. Wish they sold it without the game and Kinect.

#53 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

I would love one of these. Wish they sold it without the game and Kinect.

You could always sell those items off.

#54 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

the glossy slim w/the nyko attachment is darth vader enough. i like star wars but this just doesn't go with my entertainment system. considering they just released/annonced chrome 360 controllers, I'm wagering a guess they might come out with chrome slims or colored ones at least.

#55 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

Argh! I need a box to trade-in my 250GB slim to Amazon. I thought I still had it but it got thrown away.

#56 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Argh! I need a box to trade-in my 250GB slim to Amazon. I thought I still had it but it got thrown away.

Sometimes Ebay will have empty boxes + packaging. Might be kind of pricey though :(

#57 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

The price will drop hopefully, not go up because it's limited edition. If it drops it might be a good time to get into the XBOX scene.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#58 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

Sometimes Ebay will have empty boxes + packaging. Might be kind of pricey though :(

Good call. I found a few but they're all 4GB for now. I'm going to try to hit up the local mom-pop vg shops to see if they're willing to part with one or sell me one, maybe even Gamestop.

#59 infamy

infamy

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

It has to be sent in the original box only?

#60 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

It has to be sent in the original box only?

Video Game Console - Like New Condition Eligibility Criteria
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Video Games Trade-In Store.
Typical elements included with a video game console: console, controller(s), bundled game(s), cables, user manual, and UPC (or EAN).
Please check your item to ensure it meets this criteria:

• The video game console is in perfect working condition
  • The console has been opened but original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are intact
  • There is no visible wear or personalization

----------------

Video Game Console - Good Condition Eligibility Criteria
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Video Games Trade-In Store.
Typical elements included with a video game console: console, controller(s), bundled game(s), cables, user manual, and UPC (or EAN).
Please check your item to ensure it meets this criteria:

• The video game console, packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
  • Console remains in working condition
  • Console may have light scratches on the body and other elements may have minor damage
  • Handheld console has a flawless display (i.e. no dead spots or scratches)
  • Item may have been personalized (marked, engraved, or identified)

If you want decent money, yes. They seem to give you ~$100 less if no box is included :/